La liga 2022/23

RoyH1

The entire stadium chanting ‘mono’ (monkey) at Vinicius. Could not find a HQ link but was audible on my tv as well, the commentator mentioned it too.

Lets see what the reaction will be like.

Points deduction
Heavy fines
No more home fans for the rest of the season

Feck ‘m, this was universal and not just the actions of a few.
It’s Spain and Rubiales and Tebas are in charge. Nothing of consequence is going to happen. A fine at the most.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Always love to beat these scum through shithousery

The entire stadium chanting ‘mono’ (monkey) at Vinicius. Could not find a HQ link but was audible on my tv as well, the commentator mentioned it too.

Lets see what the reaction will be like.

Points deduction
Heavy fines
No more home fans for the rest of the season

Feck ‘m, this was universal and not just the actions of a few.
Nothing will happen of course. But yeah, it was pretty obvious from the tv too. Kinda disappointed we didn't just stop and go back to the dressing room. Very disappointed in the ref

Lighters thrown at the players celebrating the first goal and then again at Courtois too

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
I think in that clip what they sing is "tonto" (stupid, dumb). It was just after Vinicius tried the lambretta. I don't discard they singed "monkey" during the rest of the game though.

padr81

Supports
Man City
It’s Spain and Rubiales and Tebas are in charge. Nothing of consequence is going to happen. A fine at the most.
Tebas will blame it on city and PSG like he does everything

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
What has the world come to? Look at me rooting for fecking Marid over Barca and Atleti. :lol:

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Nico Williams doing great this season. Before the season started he wasn't in the Spain squad. Now he's in it and pushing for a starting place at the World Cup. Think he'll most likely be used as an impact sub but think he can cause more damage in the starting eleven.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
So what’s happening with Sevilla? They used to be well run with a lot of good scouting but their squad looks a bit crap these days

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
Horrible match Mallorca - Barcelona. The best thing has been the 3 points thanks to Lewandowski.

So what’s happening with Sevilla? They used to be well run with a lot of good scouting but their squad looks a bit crap these days
When your sports policy is to make a lot of changes every year, sometimes, the signings do not perform well and the team wreck.

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
Real Madrid 1 - Osasuna 0

Vinicius scores before HT.

CruyffMaradonaMessi

Supports
FC Barcelona
Madrids winner will come in the 90th minute.
No point watching. Same old story always. Some scrappy late goal during some kind of sustained pressure (or a standard situation) with the opponents shitting themselves as usual and losing their composure, panicking and conceding.

La Liga is turning into a farmers league anyway. As Floren said earlier today, the youth does not even bother to watch the games anymore. La Liga had 4 million subscribers in Spain during the 2016-17 season. Today that number is 2.5 million. It is the Super League or death!

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
Vinicius the only one who has a good match offensively.

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
Benzema scores but the referee rules it out for offside.

wr8_utd

:'(
That's the third penalty Benzema has apparently missed vs Osasuna thjs year.

wr8_utd

5 mins added time. This is where Madrid paper over the cracks with a late winner.

wr8_utd

Madrid finally drop points. Honestly, it's been coming. They've been unconvincing in a lot of games so far this season. Barca on top now.

RG77

Supports
Real Madrid
Barca top of the table, expecting them to finish there as well at the end of the season.

Bad game from RM, no drive, no energy, no creativity. Think Carlo needs to focus on two things: we rarely keep a clean sheet. And in games like this it is costing us. The other one is Benzema. He has a lot of credit but has been poor this season.

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
This is more about FIFA Virus imo rather than anything else and Madrid had enough chances to win the game.

It is typical for big teams to drop points after internationals.

Conceding the stupid goal during that part of the game when you lose your focus is becoming typical though.

CruyffMaradonaMessi

Supports
FC Barcelona
Barca top of the table, expecting them to finish there as well at the end of the season.

Bad game from RM, no drive, no energy, no creativity. Think Carlo needs to focus on two things: we rarely keep a clean sheet. And in games like this it is costing us. The other one is Benzema. He has a lot of credit but has been poor this season.
No way. You have a better and bigger squad, a better manager (Xavi is a novice compared to Carlo), an already "made" team that has proven its worth (no matter the "lucky" circumstances in which RM won their favorite tournament - the CL), a seemingly better fitness team (Pintus), more favorable refereeing calls whenever it matters etc.

Barça is one injury (Lewandowski) away from calling it quits this season. I would be shocked if RM did not win the league title this season.
In particular in such a weak La Liga with a Sevilla team that has imploded, a Atlético team severely mismanaged by a washed up version of Simeone and a Barça rebuilding after a catastrophic last few years of the Bartomeu era.

And even if Barça won, the league title would not have the same "value" as it once did, when La Liga (not long ago) was the best league in the world on paper (UEFA coefficient list) and actual game play and teams across the entire league.

The quality of the league has been really poor the past few seasons as I see it and there are no signs of any improvement. The Neymar transfer to PSG and afterwards CR7 and lastly Messi leaving means that a lot of casuals are no longer tuning in.

Economics have a huge role here with the clubs (hence the pathetically bad CVC deal that Tebas and 17 La Liga clubs signed) and the country struggling.
When Nottingham Forrest alone has spent more money than all the clubs combined (minus Barça and RM), you know trouble is incoming. The local talent pool producing the adequate number of talents is far from a given and the period when most promising South American talents were going to Spain are long over.

Anyway it was bound to happen when the competition is the EPL doping league or state-funded teams like PSG where rules don't apply to them and with the entire football ecosystem more messed up/unhealthy than ever and UEFA/FIFA as corrupt as before despite the public propaganda claiming otherwise.

More disparity between the top temps across all the top 5 leagues and the rest, than ever before too. Yet the Super League (proposal) was treated as some kind of insult. Funny little world we live in.

Last edited:

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Barca have still only conceded one goal this season.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Osasuna so so good this season, excited to see where they finish.

ilrm

Supports
Real Madrid
We played poorly with plenty of loose passes and loose crosses. Ceballos will need to start taking these opportunities or else he can't complain about being 5th choice. Rodrygo and Benzema were playing too close to each other and taking up the same positions. Virtually all attacks came from the left because Rodrygo did not give us enough width. Rudiger looks so awkward when he runs long distances - also no idea why he starts on the right when he is so much better on the left.
Anyways - 6 wins out of 7 is title winning form so I'm not worried yet. We need to be humble and start working hard again. I'd be happy going in 2nd place but within 3 points of Barca before the World Cup starts.

RG77

Supports
Real Madrid
No way. You have a better and bigger squad, a better manager (Xavi is a novice compared to Carlo), an already "made" team that has proven its worth (no matter the "lucky" circumstances in which RM won their favorite tournament - the CL), a seemingly better fitness team (Pintus), more favorable refereeing calls whenever it matters etc.

Barça is one injury (Lewandowski) away from calling it quits this season. I would be shocked if RM did not win the league title this season.
In particular in such a weak La Liga with a Sevilla team that has imploded, a Atlético team severely mismanaged by a washed up version of Simeone and a Barça rebuilding after a catastrophic last few years of the Bartomeu era.
I'm expecting Lewandowski to just keep at it and potentially win it for you, the defence while not looking great only conceded 1 goal as mentioned. On paper you're right and RM should win it, but I'm still expecting an implosion similar to the first time Carlo was around. We'll see. It is hard to call since there is a WC coming up as well.

And even if Barça won, the league title would not have the same "value" as it once did, when La Liga (not long ago) was the best league in the world on paper (UEFA coefficient list) and actual game play and teams across the entire league.

The quality of the league has been really poor the past few seasons as I see it and there are no signs of any improvement. The Neymar transfer to PSG and afterwards CR7 and lastly Messi leaving means that a lot of casuals are no longer tuning in.
It is very hard, if not impossible to maintain that level though. No league can. I'd argue since 2018, Real and now Barca are crawling back. Might not be the peak we've seen from 2008-2017 (yet), but RM is strengthening as well as Barca. The other teams do need to get their stuff together and make steps.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
I don't like this position at all for Camavinga as a interior, inside-left midfielder(?) and so far forward.
I haven't seen him play a good game this year. I'd like him to play further back and hold the position more.
It's not that he plays like a headless chicken but I don't see that his interventions lead anywhere.

RG77

Supports
Real Madrid
I don't like this position at all for Camavinga as a interior, inside-left midfielder(?) and so far forward.
I haven't seen him play a good game this year. I'd like him to play further back and hold the position more.
It's not that he plays like a headless chicken but I don't see that his interventions lead anywhere.
Agreed with him not looking good this season, maybe the game against Celta (?). But don’t know if it is related to his position, seems to want it too much and is forcing things instead of keeping it simple. Maybe he feels like he needs to produce now that Tchouameni entered the team so easily.

He is still very young and doesn’t get a consistent run of games, hope it works out once he does get that.

RG77

Supports
Real Madrid
Barca-Celta is a good game. Barca keep it tight at the back and getting the points. Celta had a good spell but failed to score.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Can't remember the last time a league game in October not involving my team pissed me off so much

How the bloody feck did those cnuts win tonight :mad::mad::mad:

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
Barcelona better improve against Inter next Tuesday or they will play Europa League for the second season in a row.

wr8_utd

Barca were as atrocious as you would expect to see a starting lineup with 3 left backs in it. Lewadonski was completely uninvolved and Stegen saved Barca, yet again. It's incredible that they've conceded just ONE league goal all season given how vulnerable they still look. Stegen's return to form has been huge for Xavi.

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
Horrible match yesterday of Barcelona. Piqué makes the team play very close to their own area. I saw the team physically tired.
Barcelona must improve a lot to qualify in the Champions League and not lose many points in the league.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
Could well be that we are the only team to advance, all other spanish sides knocked out in the group stages, that reflects poorly on the league.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Meanwhile across EL/Conference they won every game so far