La liga 2022/23

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
Barcelona's first half very weak. In line with the last matches. It costs a lot to play and advance with the ball controlled from behind. A lot of inaccuracy in several players when it comes to controlling and passing the balls.
They played like shit, conceded chances, and yet, they are winning it 1-0 as usual, so it doesn't matter.

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
They played like shit, conceded chances, and yet, they are winning it 1-0 as usual, so it doesn't matter.
This year Barcelona is having luck in that aspect, but it will not last forever.

GinobiliTheGOAT

You guys did the same thing in 2020, 1-0 after 1-0 after 1-0 and often a very late penalty. Madrid failing to show up in la liga has played just as big a part this season as Barca grinding out their own 1-0’s

I mean if anything Zidane is the biggest voodoo coach in CL history.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
You guys did the same thing in 2020, 1-0 after 1-0 after 1-0 and often a very late penalty. Madrid failing to show up in la liga has played just as big a part this season as Barca grinding out their own 1-0’s

I mean if anything Zidane is the biggest voodoo coach in CL history.
That was the end-run of the season, we didn't do 1-0 all season long.
Anyway, i'm not objecting to being behind on the table, i just think that Barca's defensive record is absurd, considering how often they actually concede chances.

Zidane had a great deal of luck in UCL, yes.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Disallowed for handball in the buildup.

GinobiliTheGOAT

That was the end-run of the season, we didn't do 1-0 all season long.
Anyway, i'm not objecting to being behind on the table, i just think that Barca's defensive record is absurd, considering how often they actually concede chances.

Zidane had a great deal of luck in UCL, yes.
I agree, we aren’t as good as our defensive record suggests for sure. Ter Stegan has bailed us out a lot. I imagine you lot will strengthen over the summer as the way we’ve played this season lately shouldn’t be enough to win the league next year.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Drama there, how did they not score?

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
I agree, we aren’t as good as our defensive record suggests for sure. Ter Stegan has bailed us out a lot. I imagine you lot will strengthen over the summer as the way we’ve played this season lately shouldn’t be enough to win the league next year.
I think you will defend the league title with Xavi nest season, he has figured the league out, just as Zidane did with the UCL.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Maybe but that doesn't cancel the handball.

Barcelona is lucky as hell, they just can't concede in La Liga it's crazy.
They’re not even defending particularly well today. The ball just won’t go in for Athletic.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
BIBLICAL amounts of luck all season long. It's their league, it's written in the stars

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
In all fairness it really is a handball.

It would be the third case imo. The player non voluntarily touches the ball with his hand and way after that a chance is created. Shouldn't be a handball in that case since 2021/2022.

Also it's strange that VAR participates when they should only do it after a blatant mistake.

Supports
Barcelona
I'm a cule and I admit VAR is becoming ridiculous, but it's not just tonight. All these accidental handballs, the absurd drawn offside lines where apparently Mbappe's big toe "sarcasm" was beyond the last Bayern defender, , the slightest pushes magnified on VAR replays ...etc...

Technology has no room for the live human attributes that is the soul of sports and football. it can't capture them, it doesn't understand them. it doesn't underestand anything to start with, it's just a machine. And it's ridiculous that referees are giving up their wisdom and common sense for the sake of the dead dull rigid lines on screens.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG

It would be the third case imo. The player non voluntarily touches the ball with his hand and way after that a chance is created. Shouldn't be a handball in that case since 2021/2022.

Also it's strange that VAR participates when they should only do it after a blatant mistake.
Depends on the definition of "accidental". He throws his arm 1st in a non natural movement, even if he didn't mean to play the ball with the hand per se, it wouldn't be considered "accidental" in most leagues since moving the arm towards the ball is considered volontary.

But if you do provide the definition of accidental in La Liga, i'll obviously change my mind.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
My take is if this was against my team, i'd be mad if the goal wasn't disallowed and of it was for my team, i'd be mad that it was

Basically a 50/50 call and i don't think VAR should have intervened

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
My take is if this was against my team, i'd be mad if the goal wasn't disallowed and of it was for my team, i'd be mad that it was

Basically a 50/50 call and i don't think VAR should have intervened
I think VAR was right to intervene if the ref didn't see the handball. Then it's up to the ref to apply the rule accordingly. To me, situation like that when the ref didn't see something is exactly when VAR should intervene, as opposed to situations when it overrules a ruling on a play that the ref saw perfectly fine in real time.

But obviously I'd be pissed if I was a Bilbao fan.

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
I think VAR was right to intervene if the ref didn't see the handball. Then it's up to the ref to apply the rule accordingly. To me, situation like that when the ref didn't see something is exactly when VAR should intervene, as opposed to situations when it overrules a ruling on a play that the ref saw perfectly fine in real time.

No, if it's not blatant, and nobody else on the pitch saw it, VAR should not intervene as per the rules.

GinobiliTheGOAT

BIBLICAL amounts of luck all season long. It's their league, it's written in the stars
Well deserved but Real will be better next season

Agreed

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
Depends on the definition of "accidental". He throws his arm 1st in a non natural movement, even if he didn't mean to play the ball with the hand per se, it wouldn't be considered "accidental" in most leagues since moving the arm towards the ball is considered volontary.

But if you do provide the definition of accidental in La Liga, i'll obviously change my mind.
100% agree.

GinobiliTheGOAT

i really don't think they've been better than us and the numbers agree with me, as would watching the games. But otherwise yeah
Really? This is the worst Madrid side in some time. I don’t think Barca is as good as their record suggests but I do see them as the best team in la liga. Considering all the injuries they’ve had we have had enough game weeks to say they deserve to be top of the table even if the results can be fluky from time to time like Madrid to close out 2020. Which is why I think once you get reinforcements over the summer you will usurp Barca in the league next season

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid

Ragnar123

Supports
Barcelona
El Clasico today!
If we win, we have a 12 points lead and with 14 games to go, it should be enough to take LaLiga. If we lose, we give Madrid new hope. But we didn't win a clasico at home in ages, somehow we struggle at home more than at the Bernabeu. The Araujo Vinicius duel will be key again.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
El Clasico today!
If we win, we have a 12 points lead and with 14 games to go, it should be enough to take LaLiga. If we lose, we give Madrid new hope. But we didn't win a clasico at home in ages, somehow we struggle at home more than at the Bernabeu. The Araujo Vinicius duel will be key again.
The game is important, but not as important as many may think.

Even if we win the game i expect us to draw the very next game after, while you grind out 1-0s.
We have to find a lot of consistency to even close a 6 point gap, don't see it happening.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Nah, even 6 points is too big a gap. Not that it matters 'cause it will be a draw anyways

RG77

Supports
Real Madrid
We lost the last two games against them, one was a hammering and the other against their B-team. Xavi got Carlo’s number. Expecting 3-0.