La liga 2022/23

CampNou

Supports
FC Barcelona
You fully deserved it today. Commentators in my game took too much time to comment on this and I became too over confident :wenger:
I had weird feelings with Asensio's goal...
In real time I never expected it was offside.
When I saw the repetition I was very calmed because it seemed pretty clear to me.
When the VAR lines were shown it was quite closer compared to my feelings in the repetition... haha

I think a draw was a good result for Barca, a win is better but I don't think it is a big difference for the title.

If there were any doubt about focusing in CL... although there is never a doubt with Real :lol:

Ragnar123

Supports
Barcelona
Without VAR in the last 2 games, the gap would have been only 3 points instead of 12. In Bilbao we would have lost 1:2 if VAR wouldn't have corrected Manzano's mistakes on 2 goals and yesterday, we'd also have lost 1:2 with Asensio's offside goal.

Mr.Fantastic

Supports
Real Madrid
Missed the game yesterday. Two things happened as expected.

1. Ancelotti with another tactical trainwreck masterclass.
2. Mindfeck offside call and Gavi surviving a red card. Negreira dark fund still operational.

Ragnar123

Supports
Barcelona
Didn't catch that one live. The kid isn't right in the head...

Nice video.
Especially because it starts right after Ceballos's foul on Lewandowski. Gavi saw this and gave him his own medicine in return. They also have history, when Ceballos pulled Gavi's hair in a previous clasico. Again a good example of people only see what they want to see.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
Nice video.
Especially because it starts right after Ceballos's foul on Lewandowski. Gavi saw this and gave him his own medicine in return. They also have history, when Ceballos pulled Gavi's hair in a previous clasico. Again a good example of people only see what they want to see.
We're in 2023, there's VAR, no matter the reason it's absolutely stupid especially since the ball is nowhere near. Gavi was already having behaviour issues at Sevilla when he was 10, and it's well known that Barcelona is trying to straighten him since he arrived at la masia.

Also, not really smart to tell me that I see what I want to see when i've also blamed Vinicius several times for his behaviour (and Mbappé as well if we're talking about my club).

Last edited:

Mr.Fantastic

Supports
Real Madrid
Nice video.
My bad then. I did not know that right after foul, it is allowed to perform red card worthy tackle.

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
To say that Real Madrid was not interested in the league is absurd and sounds like a sore loser's excuse.

But I don't think it's entirely wrong to think that most of the motivation and priorities in a World Cup season and after two league wins in three years, have been focused for most of the players on other competitions.

In the case of Barcelona, those three years have been a journey through the desert, in the style of Egypt, Moses and Sinai films.

And yesterday specifically you only had to look at the players' reactions after each goal.

For one team it was a final, for the other.... I don't know what was really going through their heads to tell you the truth.

But let none of this confuse us. Madrid has some very serious shortcomings this year because a number of very notable players are approaching their dreaded decline.

And in particular without the best Benzema, Real Madrid have no chance in Europe.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
To say that Real Madrid was not interested in the league is absurd and sounds like a sore loser's excuse.

But I don't think it's entirely wrong to think that most of the motivation and priorities in a World Cup season and after two league wins in three years, have been focused for most of the players on other competitions.

In the case of Barcelona, those three years have been a journey through the desert, in the style of Egypt, Moses and Sinai films.

And yesterday specifically you only had to look at the players' reactions after each goal.

For one team it was a final, for the other.... I don't know what was really going through their heads to tell you the truth.

But let none of this confuse us. Madrid has some very serious shortcomings this year because a number of very notable players are approaching their dreaded decline.

And in particular without the best Benzema, Real Madrid have no chance in Europe.
Fair analysis as usual, good to see some fans from other clubs who don't defend anything their club does just because they have to.

That being said, Real Madrid is a pretty wealthy and attractive club, I have no doubt they'll get prime recruits this summer.

Lets hope for your sake they spend the money wisely because huge gambles like Hendricks are not always a good idea (he's still obviously super young but the kid hasn't scored a single goal since november).

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
Gavi has to be told to play football and stop doing this kind of thing.

Madrid need to sign some players this summer but without going crazy. A RB, LB and RW as priorities.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
We are, quite simply, not very good tactically. We make up for it in CL, where motivation is huge and energy makes up for it. But not in the league

Yes, it was a clasico. But it came on the heels of CL, and frankly the result was meaningless. Even with a win we weren't catching them. So i understand we weren't quite up for it like a CL game. That's where Ancelotti's shortcomings come to the fore

Barcelona actually deserved to win. That said, winning like that just pisses me off :lol:

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
We are, quite simply, not very good tactically. We make up for it in CL, where motivation is huge and energy makes up for it. But not in the league

Yes, it was a clasico. But it came on the heels of CL, and frankly the result was meaningless. Even with a win we weren't catching them. So i understand we weren't quite up for it like a CL game. That's where Ancelotti's shortcomings come to the fore

Barcelona actually deserved to win. That said, winning like that just pisses me off :lol:
Tactics aside, there is also a comment I heard yesterday that I fully agree with.

Benzema, Modric, Kroos, Carvajal, Alaba etc are either entering a state or in a state where they are not Wednesday and Sunday players anymore.

They are, at most, Sunday players or Wednesday players. Period. They cannot simply be employed in two games per week end be demanded the kind of performance they used to give in the past when they were young and super hungry.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
They are, at most, Sunday players or Wednesday players. Period. They cannot simply be employed in two games per week end be demanded the kind of performance they used to give in the past when they were young and super hungry.
Yeah, and it shows in different ways. Benzema his picking up injuries right and left. Modric is almost always available but can only be his real self (meaning absolute class) once every 2/3 games. Carvajal alternates injuries and inconsistency.

I don't really know what's going on with Alaba though since he's only 30.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Benzema, Modric, Kroos, Carvajal, Alaba etc are either entering a state or in a state where they are not Wednesday and Sunday players anymore.

Not sure i agree with that. Leaving Alaba aside, who is still young enough that really shouldn't be the case and is currently injured, Carvajal has been a weak link for aeons at this point and the club's refusal to upgrade continues to mistify. Modric and Kroos I can maybe believe, they both might very well retire at the end of the season, though Modric was good in the game I felt. Benz not really, he's just going through an inconsistent season in part due to injuries, but otherwise he's basically back to his CR-era self - inconsistent, prone to bad games here and there

The biggest difference is how well they occupy and use space vs how badly we do it

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
Arteta's a Barcelona man, started his career there, he'll want to have a crack at that job at some point I'd imagine.
He isn't, he's from San Sebastian so I'm sure he identifies more as a Real Sociedad supporter.

RG77

Supports
Real Madrid
And Arteta to Madrid would be great.

Arteta ain’t getting that job anytime soon.

Knowing Perez he’ll prolly cheap out and want to fluke his way to another Zidane in the form of Raul/Xabi.

Tuchel is the only big name available, though I don’t know whether he would work at Madrid.

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
Arteta ain’t getting that job anytime soon.

Knowing Perez he’ll prolly cheap out and want to fluke his way to another Zidane in the form of Raul/Xabi.

Tuchel is the only big name available, though I don’t know whether he would work at Madrid.
Tuchel not available anymore...

This guy also adds Pochettino:

Edit: ABC journalist reporting on Real Madrid news is extremely well connected.

RG77

Supports
Real Madrid
Tuchel not available anymore...

This guy also adds Pochettino:

Edit: ABC journalist reporting on Real Madrid news is extremely well connected.
Poch would be another Benitez/Lope/Solari…so makes sense we would waste another year.

Don’t know what to make of Raul/Xabi (wasn’t Guti mentioned as well?). With Tuchel gone…not a lot of options left. Can’t see Zidane 3.0 so soon.

Lemoor

Poch would be another Benitez/Lope/Solari…so makes sense we would waste another year.

Don’t know what to make of Raul/Xabi (wasn’t Guti mentioned as well?). With Tuchel gone…not a lot of options left. Can’t see Zidane 3.0 so soon.
You can always go for Mourinho 2.0. Would be entertaining at least.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
The federation recognises Levante as winners of the 1937 Copa de la República (Cup of Spain), their first title. It also recognises Depor for the 1912 "Spanish competition", discovered in a recent investigation.

CampNou

Supports
FC Barcelona
The federation recognises Levante as winners of the 1937 Copa de la República (Cup of Spain), their first title. It also recognises Depor for the 1912 "Spanish competition", discovered in a recent investigation.
I think it means Barca will get the 1937 League, as it was played in the same conditions as the Cup.

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
But it was not the League, right? It was just a Mediterranean League.
It was a league that was not organized by the Spanish federation, just like the cup they have given to Levante.

They recognize Levante a Cup of 37, that Cup was accessed through the top 4 classified of the Mediterranean League, Barça won it and renounced to play that Cup and that place became Levante.

Those tournaments were only played by teams from the Mediterranean due to the Spanish Civil War.

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
What an interview of Ansu Fati's father in Cadena Cope.
Today he is more likely to leave than before the interview.

CampNou

Supports
FC Barcelona
But it was not the League, right? It was just a Mediterranean League.
As many championships of those years.

The Cup and the League in 1937 were played under the same circumstances, so if you reckon one, you should do the same with the other.

My fav anyway is the 1904 Cup... look for it...
Spoiler... the winner played ZERO games... but it is not the most entertaining part of the story... :lol:

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
Barcelona's line-up is an experiment pure and simple.
E. Garcia is going to play pivot.