La liga 2022/23

Sylar

Watching the whole incident and la Liga isn't serious at all. Feel sorry for vini and it's the victim blaming that goes on with commentators and all.

People act like he might be the only annoying person and it deserves racism
It's ridiculous

Mr.Fantastic

Supports
Real Madrid
Watching the whole incident and la Liga isn't serious at all. Feel sorry for vini and it's the victim blaming that goes on with commentators and all.

It's ridiculous
Racism is the cause ( plus absurd calls not given - which also can be racially motivated ) not the effect. Why do people have such trouble understanding that?

Secondly, even if that was not the case, and Vini was the cause it should be irrelevant considering absolutely nothing should warrant racist response or racism in general.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea

It's ridiculous
A wise man once said it’s always black people’s reaction to racism that’s on trial.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I'm having trouble separating the two words because whichever one I think of, is the one I'm hearing!

Also, why would anyone chant "silly" anyway?

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away

It wasn't the first time, nor the second, nor the third. Racism is normal in La Liga. The competition thinks it's normal, the Federation does too and the opponents encourage it. I'm so sorry. The championship that once belonged to Ronaldinho, Ronaldo, Cristiano and Messi today belongs to racists. A beautiful nation, which welcomed me and which I love, but which agreed to export the image of a racist country to the world. I'm sorry for the Spaniards who don't agree, but today, in Brazil, Spain is known as a country of racists. And unfortunately, for everything that happens each week, I have no defense. I agree. But I am strong and I will go to the end against racists. Even if far from here.

https://twitter.com/vinijr/status/1660379570149683200

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
Clear m sound there. Enjoy defending racism, it’s a great look for you
In that tweet people say "silly" and it is a very common chant in Spanish stadiums. It is told when someone receives a stupid card, either for protesting, faking a penalty or pretending for the opponent to receive a card.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
What they need to do is leave the pitch, until the referees and the league react.
In any case they chant "tonto", not mono. Although yes, surely more than one has called him monkey.

Mr.Fantastic

Supports
Real Madrid
In that tweet people say "silly" and it is a very common chant in Spanish stadiums. It is told when someone receives a stupid card, either for protesting, faking a penalty or pretending for the opponent to receive a card.
Of course. Highly common. Mostly in case of players whose skin is black. p.s: they were chanting both.

You are reaching milestone after milestone, Mr. Niemass.

GinobiliTheGOAT

It wasn't the first time, nor the second, nor the third. Racism is normal in La Liga. The competition thinks it's normal, the Federation does too and the opponents encourage it. I'm so sorry. The championship that once belonged to Ronaldinho, Ronaldo, Cristiano and Messi today belongs to racists. A beautiful nation, which welcomed me and which I love, but which agreed to export the image of a racist country to the world. I'm sorry for the Spaniards who don't agree, but today, in Brazil, Spain is known as a country of racists. And unfortunately, for everything that happens each week, I have no defense. I agree. But I am strong and I will go to the end against racists. Even if far from here.

Damn, La Liga need to get their act together. A declining league both on the pitch and off.

Swedish_Plumber

He should feck off that horrible league and go somewhere that takes that disgusting behaviour seriously. Nobody should be having to deal with that let alone whilst playing fecking football.

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
What they need to do is leave the pitch, until the referees and the league react.
In any case they chant "tonto", not mono. Although yes, surely more than one has called him monkey.
Of course. Highly common. Mostly in case of players whose skin is black. p.s: they were chanting both.

You are reaching milestone after milestone, Mr. Niemass.

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
Agree with @Niemans with his impression that in that video people say "tonto" which is pretty normal indeed, but it's not conclusive of absence of racist chants coming from different part of the fans.

Vinicius seems to be pointing out at someone from the stands closer to the pitch.

EDIT: here I think I hear both "tonto" and "mono". Disgusting really.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Ancelotti has history of saying this things but never actually did it. His word is worthless

The best thing would be for real madrid to retire from the competition unless/until the league and FA start taking this issue seriously and do something about it

But obviously that's not gonna happen

wr8_utd

:'(
I think Vini would also appreciate it if Madrid actually took a serious stance. At a point the league is over, how would it hurt Madrid to walk off the pitch and even forfeit the match?

Sylar

Racism is the cause ( plus absurd calls not given - which also can be racially motivated ) not the effect. Why do people have such trouble understanding that?

Secondly, even if that was not the case, and Vini was the cause it should be irrelevant considering absolutely nothing should warrant racist response or racism in general.
At first I thought you were disagreeing with me :lol: but I completely misread and had to read it again and clearly I'm tired.
But yes agree completely with what you say.
Twitter is not a real place also.

But the whole thing with serie a and lukaku and the sameness is so baffling and absurd in 2023.

A wise man once said it’s always black people’s reaction to racism that’s on trial.
Absurd right? But it's a sad state of this world

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Can remember 20 years ago Eto'o left the pitch in a Barca game when he was getting comments and possibly chants directed at him. Also had monkey noises being directed at England players in friendly in I think 2004. That was in an era where Spain had a few black players themselves (Catanha, Marcos Senna and Vincent Engonga). And of course Luis Arangones attempting to motivate Reyes with his description of Henry.

Two decades on....

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
This.
I dont buy chest bumping words in an interview after the fact.
Show your support for him by taking a stance there and then.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Can remember 20 years ago Eto'o left the pitch in a Barca game when he was getting comments and possibly chants directed at him. Also had monkey noises being directed at England players in friendly in I think 2004. That was in an era where Spain had a few black players themselves (Catanha, Marcos Senna and Vincent Engonga). And of course Luis Arangones attempting to motivate Reyes with his description of Henry.

Two decades on....
And even before that Roberto Carlos complained about the Barcelona crowd, saying they called him a monkey and made sounds.
They even greeted him with a banner that said "macaco" and Guardiola, still with his hair, said that Roberto Carlos didn't have a clue and talked a lot!
This is more about the stance of the teams. There were racist insults in Valladolid and Ronaldo has expelled several members, while at Valencia they paint it as if Vini was to blame.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Agree with @Niemans with his impression that in that video people say "tonto" which is pretty normal indeed, but it's not conclusive of absence of racist chants coming from different part of the fans.

Vinicius seems to be pointing out at someone from the stands closer to the pitch.

EDIT: here I think I hear both "tonto" and "mono". Disgusting really.

What is the point in even asserting that the tonto is being shouted when mono can also be clearly heard shouted in the ground and not just from isolated individuals either? That video isn’t the only doing the rounds.

RoyH1

Vinicius going nuclear on Tebas and Brazilian politicians starting to be very vocal about this. Tebas has to be very careful about how he moves now. If the American media and twittersphere catch this La Liga's foreign sponsors are going to be forced to act since there seems to be no action from Spanish sporting authorities.
And Real Madrid has to act too. They need one of those "comunicado oficial" and simply walk out the next time someone makes a monkey sound/shout in the stadium.

Ragnar123

Supports
Barcelona
Quality control
This league has and had hundreds of POCs in the last decade. Yes, there was always racism here and there, when Alves got a banana thrown at him during a corner for example, but nobody, not one player I can remember was as systematically harassed as Vinicius is. He constantly provokes, insults and dives on the pitch. Even worse than Neymar back in the days. He instults not only the opponent players and fans, but the refs too. And those are not minor insults:

https://www.besoccer.com/new/son-of...us-insults-ref-during-real-madrid-win-1230655
Real Madrid player Vinicius was spotted by the referee insulting referee Jose Luis Munuera Montero. "Son of a b**ch, f**k off," the Brazilian international said.
And that's not an individual case. His provocations are also shabby and vile. He tells his opponents and their fans often enough that they're worse than him and they should be relegated. Just watch him leaving the pitch yesterday after a deserved red card.

I repeat, no other POC player ever received such a harassment he does. Yes, the league has a racism problem, but which league hasn't? The PL just removed those kind of people out of the stadium into the pubs by making the tickets unaffordable for most of the lower social class, where racism breeds.Every league has and had problems with racism now and then, because that's the nature of humans. Especially if certain people gather and emotions are envolved. Some more, some less of course.

Is Vinicius a victim of racism? Yes he is. Has he a vile and disgusting character, that provokes such behaviour from certain people? Yes, he has.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
This league has and had hundreds of POCs in the last decade. Yes, there was always racism here and there, when Alves got a banana thrown at him during a corner for example, but nobody, not one player I can remember was as systematically harassed as Vinicius is. He constantly provokes, insults and dives on the pitch. Even worse than Neymar back in the days. He instults not only the opponent players and fans, but the refs too. And those are not minor insults:

https://www.besoccer.com/new/son-of...us-insults-ref-during-real-madrid-win-1230655

And that's not an individual case. His provocations are also shabby and vile. He tells his opponents and their fans often enough that they're worse than him and they should be relegated. Just watch him leaving the pitch yesterday after a deserved red card.

I repeat, no other POC player ever received such a harassment he does. Yes, the league has a racism problem, but which league hasn't? The PL just removed those kind of people out of the stadium into the pubs by making the tickets unaffordable for most of the lower social class, where racism breeds.Every league has and had problems with racism now and then, because that's the nature of humans. Especially if certain people gather and emotions are envolved. Some more, some less of course.

Is Vinicius a victim of racism? Yes he is. Has he a vile and disgusting character, that provokes such behaviour from certain people? Yes, he has.
You are a vile and disgusting individual

Iker Quesadillas

Supports
Real Madrid

You should at least have the self-awareness to not post things like this even if you believe them.

Last edited:

RoyH1

And this is why racism in Spain continues to fester and will be harder to root out than in other countries. Your anti-madridismo is so out of all proportion that you're fine with normalizing racism. If he was a Barsa player you'd be burning the world down

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea

Who gives a feck about how you feel about how he behaves. A young man was racially abused last night and you’re here writing an essay about why he deserves it? Get the feck out of here with this shit.

Last edited:

whitbyviking

Came in here to post that a team of alleged cheats have now won the top two leagues in Europe, which I thought was approaching a nadir for the sport. Now I read the above.

Nobody deserves racism. @Ragnar123 you do realise there are ways of expressing displeasure, anger, frustration etc without resorting to racism? Shocking thing to say at any time.

Dan600

For any doubters, is this tonto too?

There's no doubt what was going on, he was even greeted with it. Even before the match has started he gets this. He really asked for it here, it's definitely his actions that cause it, look at him getting off that bus all cocky... /s

There's no defending this, none.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Seems Espanyol are going down. So many teams should be all over Sergi Darder. He'd be an incredibly shrewd signing for ourselves.

Ludens the Red

Can’t be arsed with the rest of your car crash of a post but “vile and disgusting character”??
Because he winds people up playing football? Is that the benchmark now for being described as a vile and disgusting character.
You must live a really sheltered life…..