La liga 2022/23

Sylar

I don't want to insult some of the posters here, but I will say the specific ones have made some really really stupid posts. It's almost like a parody but it's worse given how it's clear they are serious.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
What a shame to remove the sanction from Vinicius. Justifying the player's aggression with nonsense. A dangerous precedent is created.
Niemans, they explain. They say it is the natural reaction of someone who is being suffocated.Not exactly nonsense

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Thank you. I suspected there was something about that particular stand.

Nevertheless, I would feel better if news of lifetime bans come out. Some faces are very identifiable on some videos found on social media.
There are already 3 Valencia fans with lifetime bans :)

Ragnar123

Supports
Barcelona
Apologism for racism
What a shame to remove the sanction from Vinicius. Justifying the player's aggression with nonsense. A dangerous precedent is created.
Lewandowski got a 4 games ban for touching his nose to express the arrogance of the ref. Does LaLiga investigate Vinicius's similar gestures and insults against the ref when he gets booked? If a barca player had left the field in the same way Vinicius did in the Valencia game, it would have resulted in a several game ban. Pique got bans for saying softer things to the ref than Vinicius does on a regular basis.
But if he had already a free pass for such a behaviour before the Valencia game, he can now completely escalate without fearing the consequences. The next season will be fun.

africanspur

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Yep this is definitely the shame in this whole situation.

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
Lewandowski got a 4 games ban for touching his nose to express the arrogance of the ref. Does LaLiga investigate Vinicius's similar gestures and insults against the ref when he gets booked? If a barca player had left the field in the same way Vinicius did in the Valencia game, it would have resulted in a several game ban. Pique got bans for saying softer things to the ref than Vinicius does on a regular basis.
But if he had already a free pass for such a behaviour before the Valencia game, he can now completely escalate without fearing the consequences. The next season will be fun.
If you see the most valued comments of a madridista newspaper like Marca, you see how the panorama is. All Spanish football fed up with the usual 2 yardsticks.

By the way, Jordi Alba is leaving Barcelona.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Some minutes after the end of the event against racism, "vallecanos, yunkies and gypsies".

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
Some minutes after the end of the event against racism, "vallecanos, yunkies and gypsies".
This information still needs to be verified but Alvarez de Mon says Rayo fans chanted that themselves.

Korwas

This information still needs to be verified but Alvarez de Mon says Rayo fans chanted that themselves.

Seems very likely. I googled "vallecanos, yunkies and gypsies" and this video from 2013 came up.
This is just a Rayo chant.

Mr.Fantastic

Supports
Real Madrid
Being kicked to death with refs turning a blind eye, death wishes, racism, being assaulted and put in choke hold. Give me some of that "free pass". Sounds like fun.

What to say really. It is hilarious that cules are trying to depict RM and its players as beneficiaries, given that Barca was caught greasing the wheel. But it gets even beyond pathetic, that Vini is the hill on which you decide to die on.

Iker Quesadillas

Supports
Real Madrid
Vinicius Jr. has been given 10 yellow cards in the league and 5 yellow cards in the Copa. That's 15 yellow cards in total. He's the most carded player for Real Madrid in both competitions. Outside of Spain, in the Champions League, he has one yellow card in the entire season.

Objectively, Vinicius Jr. gets carded often in domestic competition. One could ask, then: what kind of subjective biases might lead a person to think that Vinicius Jr. is actually "getting away with" something.

Lemoor

Vinicius Jr. has been given 10 yellow cards in the league and 5 yellow cards in the Copa. That's 15 yellow cards in total. He's the most carded player for Real Madrid in both competitions. Outside of Spain, in the Champions League, he has one yellow card in the entire season.

Objectively, Vinicius Jr. gets carded often in domestic competition. One could ask, then: what kind of subjective biases might lead a person to think that Vinicius Jr. is actually "getting away with" something.
We all know that Barcelona has been the true victim in this situation.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
I'm assuming the vile racist piece of shit scumbag who has been doing apologism for racial abuse for the last few days has also been banned so you're arguing with no one

And even if you weren't, arguing with that is pointless. Changing the subject is a typical deflection strategy used by racists

RoyH1

Sounds like a terrible, terrible idea with how incredibly paranoid and schizophrenic the football debate is down there.

Tebas has a salary of 3.37 million euros a year....I dare say I have an interesting with how he could afford goal line technology

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Baraja managing Valencia reminds me so much of Frank Lampard at Chelsea.

Was hoping they'd have to sweat on final day but pretty much safe now with that late draw.

MexicanCowboy

Supports
Barcelona
I'm actually glad Espanyol got relegated. I never cared too much about them but what their fans did trying to attack our players should never be allowed.
Kind of funny also how those fans almost physically hurt our players with no consequences while insulting Vini created such a mess.
Then they dare to say "Negreira League".

Cloud7

Of all the bits of technology that have been added to football in the last few years, goal line technology has arguably been the best addition of the lot. It does its job effectively and instantly.

Cloud7

I'm actually glad Espanyol got relegated. I never cared too much about them but what their fans did trying to attack our players should never be allowed.
Kind of funny also how those fans almost physically hurt our players with no consequences while insulting Vini created such a mess.
Then they dare to say "Negreira League".
What is it with Barcelona fans and trying to paint Barcelona as some kind of victims using Vinicius as a reference point?

RoyH1

What is it with Barcelona fans and trying to paint Barcelona as some kind of victims using Vinicius as a reference point?
They've banned half of them and it seems it's still not enough. The first half of the post is fair enough considering what Espanyol fans did, but after that he loses the plot and goes off. The hate for Madrid is so strong that their inner racist comes out and it becomes a "...but Vinicius" They cannot help themselves. They have to be the victim...all the time.

GlasgowCeltic

can’t remember how he started the season but for the World Cup onwards Griezmann has been fantastic

MexicanCowboy

Supports
Barcelona
It's about how differently Madrid and the rest of teams are treated that's all, nothing to do with Vini particularly.
This season a Valencia player, José Luis Gayá, was punished 4 games for criticizing the referee. Madrid's coach, Carlos Ancelotti did the same and nothing happened.
Lewandowski was punished 2 games for touching his nose. However, there are videos of Vini directly insulting referees and nothing happened. Also, Fede Valderde punched a Villarreal player in the face and nothing happened.
That kind of power that lets them get away with everything is really getting on my nerves.

Mr.Fantastic

Supports
Real Madrid
It's about how differently Madrid and the rest of teams are treated that's all, nothing to do with Vini particularly.
This season a Valencia player, José Luis Gayá, was punished 4 games for criticizing the referee. Madrid's coach, Carlos Ancelotti did the same and nothing happened.
Lewandowski was punished 2 games for touching his nose. However, there are videos of Vini directly insulting referees and nothing happened. Also, Fede Valderde punched a Villarreal player in the face and nothing happened.
That kind of power that lets them get away with everything is really getting on my nerves.
What exactly should have happened to Valverde considering the event took place out of La Liga "jurisdiction"?

You really should stop projecting. Just a thought.

MexicanCowboy

Supports
Barcelona
What exactly should have happened to Valverde considering the event took place out of La Liga "jurisdiction"?

You really should stop projecting. Just a thought.
Players get punished for posting things on social media but punching another football player inmediatly after the game is out of the jurisdiction.
There is always a reason not to punish you as long as you play for Real Madrid.

Iker Quesadillas

Supports
Real Madrid
Valverde's case was sent to the Comité de Competición. It was widely reported that, after opening the case (on the 19th of April), it would take around 1.5 months for a final ruling. We are coming up on those 1.5 months so there'll be a ruling soon (which can be 4-12 game suspension).

Characterizing this as Real Madrid 'getting away with something' is silly. How about you wait until he actually gets away with it?

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
@MexicanCowboy

Insulting Vini made "such a mess" because Spain was on the frontpages of international newspapers and all the social media the day after with protests in front of the Spanish Embassy in Brazil and complaints from the US State Department just to name a few events. A country that gets a big part of its GDP thanks to million of people visiting it every year should not feel very comfortable with that kind of news associated to its name, so every bit of reactionto those episodes falls incredibly short if you ask me.

What it's clear for all to see is that being a Real Madrid player did not make any difference in all the previous games where there were racist incidents against him.

Also, maybe it's me but the way I see it, it was in the best interests for Real Madrid that Valverde was suspended as soon as possible the same year Real Madrid had nothing to fight for in La Liga.

If you want examples of players insulting referees, we have precedents of Luis Suarez and Messi doing that without any sanction, so using Lewandowski to try to prove your point barely carries any water either.

Mr.Fantastic

Supports
Real Madrid
Players get punished for posting things on social media but punching another football player inmediatly after the game is out of the jurisdiction.
There is always a reason not to punish you as long as you play for Real Madrid.
Why are you presenting your belief as a fact?

RG77

Supports
Real Madrid
I don’t recall us making a stupid decision like Havertz. Well, it has been awhile. But hopefully there is no truth to that.

Sadly, I expect Perez to see next season as another transition year.

Ole'sgunnarwin

Anyone following the relegation battle? Valladolid and Almería have changed positions 4 times in the last 10 minutes.

zertz

So no team in La Liga scored more than 2 goals per game on average and no team conceded more than 2 goals per game. Barca scored the same number of goals as Atletico (70), when was the last time Barca actually scored the same or fewer goals than Atletico? It must have been quite a while.