Lack of quality in certain areas - De Gea

Welbeckham

If he’s talking about the goalkeeper area, I agree. Well tbh, he’s right anyway, but he’s not one to talk with his performances during the last couple of years.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
If he’s talking about the goalkeeper area, I agree. Well tbh, he’s right anyway, but he’s not one to talk with his performances during the last couple of years.
Last couple of years he had 1 tough season ffs...

talking robot

I think he's right and he's right to say it. I don't think people should be censured from saying the obvious truth.

iHicksy

Last couple of years, what are you smoking? He's had a handful of bad games last season and the start of this. Jesus christ.

The Irish Connection

I like this from De Gea. Bit of a dig at the recruitment side of the club and no harm to put a bit of pressure on them. Hopefully we get the needed players in the next two transfer windows, but not holding my breath given our knack for dithering.

SteveW

Oh fecking hell... give me a fecking break. So Newcastle and Sheffield United have comparable starting 11 to us now? :lol:
Fred and Pereira wouldn't get near either of those team's starting lineups.

SteveW

It never ceases to amaze me when fans make comments like this. That they honestly believe that Ole was delighted with the quality and depth of his squad going into the season.

When he talked about a "long term rebuild", what did you think he meant by that exactly?
It's scapegoating. nothing more, nothing less

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I laugh at the posters who post nonsense about how really lowly teams have better players/teams/forwards etc than us...

But Pereira and Fred as a midfield two would really be an awkward argument against most teams in the league.

Paxi

Yeah I'm pretty sure they would considering they were good enough for Valencia and Shakhtar Donetsk.

Paxi

So, any team spirit we might have could be ruined.
Not sure if you place anything in team spirit, but it tends to be worth quite a bit.
Yeah that's what happens in competitive team sports. Heck it happens everywhere and people sort stuff out and move on.

SteveW

Yeah I'm pretty sure they would considering they were good enough for Valencia and Shakhtar Donetsk.
Pereira was a backup winger for Valencia and Shaktar play in the Ukraine league.

Okey

Hopefully this type of interview will allow Ole to actually spend in January even if that means overpaying so we can bring in a CM.
Two. We need 2 midfielders to get this team competing properly. The guys there have done admirably but we all know that's our biggest weakness.

elánius

I would say we lack quality in most of the areas on the pitch. Lindelof, McTominay, Fred, Pereira, Lingard, Mata, usually Shaw, James, they are not good enough to play for PL title. AWB is a good defender but an average modern RB, Maguire is good, but he is not VvD level. Only players that dont lack quality are Martial, Pogba and lately Rashford, but his start of the season was also horrible and he looked like Championship player and he definitely lacks consistency.

Btw do you remeber time DdG was hesitating with his contract and Ole was talking about him as a next possible captain? Well since he signed his new contract Ole somehow forgot his words.

Paxi

Pereira was a backup winger for Valencia and Shaktar play in the Ukraine league.
Andreas made 29 appearances for Valencia in a season. Pretty decent.
And so what that he played in the Ukrainian league. Shakhtar would give most premier league teams a pasting at their ground.

SteveW

Andreas made 29 appearances for Valencia in a season. Pretty decent.
And so what that he played in the Ukrainian league. Shakhtar would give most premier league teams a pasting at their ground.
As a winger. And he couldn't get near the starting 11 towards the end of the season. Shakhtar were more than happy to sell Fred.

Paxi

As a winger. And he couldn't get near the starting 11 towards the end of the season. Shakhtar were more than happy to sell Fred.
For 50 million quid of course they were.

Kerry Donaghy

Supports
Celtic
I do, and it cost the fiery Irishman his place at the club.

Not sure De Gea should be saying this to be honest. Not like it helps anything and Ole knows what is needed but we cant fix everything in one window.
The difference was, Roy Keane also walked the walk and spoke up on the pitch when it mattered.

De Gea stays mute during games and then slags everyone off in an interview, yet somehow some fans think this is inspiring.

Just to be clear, I totally agree with his point, our squad is full of bang average players all over the pitch, but, at the minute, he is as accountable as any of them.
The sooner our fans realise that this guy is part of the problem and not part of the solution then the sooner we can start to rebuild.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Crystal clear. It’s the equivalent of flooring a Ford Focus in a race against lambos. We know these guys are trying their absolute best but ultimately they’re just shite footballers. They really are. They produce a quality piece of football 2/10 times.
8/10 times you’re staring at the screen thinking how the feck does a premier league footballer try a kick and run as an attempt at dribbling?

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
I'm fed up of going into games with obvious holes in the line up at left back, centre back (Lindelof), centre midfield and number 10. On top of that our only half useful option on the bench is an 18 year old kid.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
https://www.skysports.com/football/...ted-goalkeeper-bemoans-squads-lack-of-quality

Refreshingly honest interview with David De-gea On sky sports, he states the reason for the teams inconsistent form is a lack of quality in “certain areas“ I guess he has to stop at naming players and the areas that need strengthening.. I dont ever recall a current player basically saying some players are not good enough in his team!
Not current, but Roy Keane called out certain players, were underperforming or just not good enough.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Obviously. We have only a handful of Manchester United quality players. De Gea isn't one either.
He's probably our most valuable player.
In the USA, they'd call him the MVP!

Djemba-Djemba

Arguably been our worst player in 2019.

The horrible mistakes he's made this year are way into double figures.

He looks a total busted flush.

izec

Yeah nobody will buy him on that contract now. Should have never been given such a ridiculous contract. He is just a decent GK nowadays, Romero wouldnt be any worse

was saying that a year ago, but people believed in him. Feelings dont bring you anywhere

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Seriously, what the hell happened to him?

People complain about him being a goal-line goalkeeper, but these mistakes over the last year or so have rarely had anything to do with that. People say he'll be in trouble once his reflexes go, but the mistakes aren't really down to being too slow to make saves either. People said it was down to his contract situation, but that's been put to bed.

Ever since the last world cup he's inexplicably started having way more of these lapses in concentration that weren't present prior to that. The hell is going on in his head?

I thought he had steadied up a bit this season after last year's nightmare but the mistakes are creeping back in again.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
How often must Romero prove himself? He's a great keeper and it's time he got a chance over the weak, timid, pathetic De Gea.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Even the best drop a clanger every now and again. But the errors he’s made in 2019 have actually cost us big time.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID

His form disintegrated to such an extent than one can only assume there's some voodoo shit going on.

Heinzesight

Contributed massively to us missing top four last season with clanger after clanger and now up to his tricks again. He’s quality but most players get dropped if they consistently feck up yet he gets a free pass.