Lampard's Touchline Meltdown...Allegedly!

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
"Calm down, calm down".
Klopp sounds like he's been a Scouser all his life.

Bwuk

No issue with this. Love to see managers show passion.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Not sure why that makes Lampard a legend or what's so great about it. Childish stuff. And what kind of insult is "you've only won one league"? It's one more than Lampard has as a manager for starters and it also happens to be this season's one which they've won.

It wasn't a foul though.
Obviously not a legend, but surely you can see Liverpool's staff being scolded as something that would amuse United fans?

And Lampard has won the league plenty of times as a player. He's used to winning the league. It IS just one league for the cuntos, really whereas United and Chelsea have won them for fun over the last 15 years.

The Purley King

I actually googled bigun and I still don't know what was going on.
Frank was saying that Klopp should tone it down a bit because He’s only won one title. Giving it the bigun is strutting around thinking you are the best ever when you really aren’t.
Also google “Bertie big bollocks” and “Charlie big potatoes” :)

montpelier

Frank was saying that Klopp should tone it down a bit because He’s only won one title. Giving it the bigun is strutting around thinking you are the best ever when you really aren’t.
Also google “Bertie big bollocks” and “Charlie big potatoes” :)
I wish I'd said "Google Bertie big bollocks."
And very nicely explained too.

lysglimt

Scout
West Ham fans still hate him.

He does lose it every now and again. Wonder if he went back home and gave Christine a real stiff one up the jacksie while saying," Take that Jurgen?"
That interview on youtube when Harry Redknapp mocks a fan who told him Scott Canham was better than a young Frank Lampard was brilliant - bet he fills like a moron today after watching Canham get 30 or so matches for Brentford - and Frank doing slightly better.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Actually I don't think he won that specific battle. The aim was to put pressure on refs to not award us any pen, but we did get one afterall!
Err we lost 3-1, the ref gave us feck all till were 3-0 down, I'd say Lampard won that one...

Shiva87

Err we lost 3-1, the ref gave us feck all till were 3-0 down, I'd say Lampard won that one...
I agree with that. 21 fouls and no yellow card. + Numberous niggles and fouls which were not given. Frank won that one.

Ole's "niceness" was taken advantage of in that instance. The referee read Frank's comments and not Ole's. Clearly he was determined to let little fouls go, so he would not have to give a penalty for a similar one in the box.

montpelier

Klopp is now saying that Frank is out of order talking about this after the match. I think he's trying to more or less say that what happens on the touchline should stay on the touchline. No real surprise he thinks that is there?

Meanwhile, an increasingly incoherent Frank is babbling on about a touchline code of honour or something. And is sorry he swore because he has kids.

This is really quite magnificently molehill - - >> mountain.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
Kudos to Lampard for showing the arrogance of Klopp and the whole Liverpool * entourage and fans.

Klopp has lots to learn from SAF.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Klopp is now saying that Frank is out of order talking about this after the match. I think he's trying to more or less say that what happens on the touchline should stay on the touchline. No real surprise he thinks that is there?

Meanwhile, an increasingly incoherent Frank is babbling on about a touchline code of honour or something. And is sorry he swore because he has kids.

This is really quite magnificently molehill - - >> mountain.
What did he say about a touchline code of honour? I missed that.

UncleBob

Frank is a knob, you can constantly hear him no the sideline complaining to the ref every time a decision goes against Chelsea, always om a first name basis and ´how about we get one now´

montpelier

What did he say about a touchline code of honour? I missed that.
Have you seen the stuff about Liverpool bench staff "crossing a line"? I think The Times has it as being in amongst that. Can't quite remember where I read it now.

montpelier

I have a slight reconsideration.

Frank keeps saying this isn't directed at Klopp, thereby being quite cleverly not directly confrontational and a bit pass-agg.

Frank is now dropping hints/pointers and clues for the future to the LFC fawning media methinks.

Which would be good, obvs.

duffer

Scout
Have you seen the stuff about Liverpool bench staff "crossing a line"? I think The Times has it as being in amongst that. Can't quite remember where I read it now.
Can't find anything where he is "babbling about a code of honour", I've watched an interview where he talks about it mentions he regrets the swearing, just wondered if there were another one I've not seen.

“I would have had a beer with Jurgen Klopp to toast their success. There were things I didn’t like from their bench, not Jurgen Klopp, but their bench. Emotions run high in this game.”.

EDIT - found it, from his interview with the print media...
"When people jump up, want to speak across to myself, smirk and smile and do so for quite a while, I think that is past the code," Lampard said.

I dunno, for me it's not a big deal for the Liverpool staff member to give a bit of shit and also not a big deal for Lampard to tell him to STFU.

Last edited:

GazTheLegend

It's a Londoners shorthand "giving it the big one", you use it when someone says something overly cocky or smug. "giving it the big one", they're running their mouth basically.

It's not always an insult you can say "I was giving it the big one" and that sort of thing but it's an insult here. Usually said in clubs before someone gets whacked in the mouth!

montpelier

Can't find anything where he is "babbling about a code of honour", I've watched an interview where he talks about it mentions he regrets the swearing, just wondered if there were another one I've not seen.

“I would have had a beer with Jurgen Klopp to toast their success. There were things I didn’t like from their bench, not Jurgen Klopp, but their bench. Emotions run high in this game.”.
Ah, I humbly apologise. This is fecking Paul Joyce in The Times. Saying that Lampard referred to "a code of conduct"

Putting words in his mouth, you might say.

I went from Joyce to the next article I read and remembered them as a whole. And I was partly larking about.

Joyce is an embedded LFC bellend, basically.

duffer

Scout
Ah, I humbly apologise. This is fecking Paul Joyce in The Times. Saying that Lampard referred to "a code of conduct"

Putting words in his mouth, you might say.

I went from Joyce to the next article I read and remembered them as a whole. And I was partly larking about.

Joyce is an embedded LFC bellend, basically.
I edited my post and your quote is more or less right, there was a non-televised (print only) interview where he did say "When people jump up, want to speak across to myself, smirk and smile and do so for quite a while, I think that is past the code," .

I generally avoid match reports of games we've lost so didn't see it!

I do think the media are trying to make this more of a thing than it actually is. Managers have given each other shit for years. I remember Alan Pardew telling Pellegrini to "Shut your noise you fecking old cnut".

montpelier

I edited my post and your quote is more or less right, there was a non-televised (print only) interview where he did say "When people jump up, want to speak across to myself, smirk and smile and do so for quite a while, I think that is past the code," .

I generally avoid match reports of games we've lost so didn't see it!

I do think the media are trying to make this more of a thing than it actually is. Managers have given each other shit for years. I remember Alan Pardew telling Pellegrini to "Shut your noise you fecking old cnut".
Yeah, I just got to that as well. Joyce quotes FL at great length on that part. He describes Klopp as being "embroiled in it" and "irked by it"

It's quite canny to be saying he's leaving Klopp out of it, when I don't think he is leaving him out of it. And reasonably shrewd/calm not to react when TAA scores with free kick.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I do like Lampard as a manager, he was good as a pundit as well. A real throw back rather than this nicey nicey tells it how it is. Bet those Chelsea players have got the hair dryer treatment more than once this season

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
He was saying "big one", it's spelled that way because of his accent when he said it.

What he said was "giving it the big one."

AFC NimbleThumb

Another person sucked into the negative narrative the TV broadcasters are creating of our manager.

You should actually try going to games instead of just watching them on your ipad.
:lol:

Stop being so damn precious.

You can attend games & take the p*ss out of our manager; a few lads actually got it & joined in when I posted it yet here you come a day late & dollar short in your feelings :houllier:

‘Try going games’ :lol: :lol: :lol:

Smithy89

Another person sucked into the negative narrative the TV broadcasters are creating of our manager.

You should actually try going to games instead of just watching them on your ipad.

I don't think he'll get very far.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
:lol:

Stop being so damn precious.

You can attend games & take the p*ss out of our manager; a few lads actually got it & joined in when I posted it yet here you come a day late & dollar short in your feelings :houllier:

‘Try going games’ :lol: :lol: :lol:
I think you need to calm down and move on
:)

Ravelation

Krump at me Bro
Think less of Fergie too? Who doesnt love a good touchline bust up?? Heaven forbid some grown men say mean words at each other

Never watched fergie eh?
Where's the logic? Lampard is 3-0 down, has not won so much as a runners up medal, telling another manager to feck off because he told him to calm down. He went into meltdown mode, his team were still in the game. Focus on the match.