Larnell Cole

CLK_FPC

Fists of Fury
In terms of Larnell has had a very average season. Quiet for large parts of it and quiet for large parts of games before popping up and doing the business. It was made even worse considering how good he was last term and the fact that many thought he would kick on.

Lingard is always lively though. I think the person above got the two the wrong way around.

Saying that I'm not throwing Larnell in the bushes we know what he can do and he got better as the season progressed, I think he does have a chance and as it has been said if Scholes thinks he's good enough then...

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
All of the above is true. I still think Cole has a better chance than Lingard though.

Brightonian

CLK and Elliot have both missed my point. Obviously Lingard has been better for most of this season. And as I said, he's now producing at a very consistent level. The issue is that I just don't see him having much more than that level in the locker, whereas despite Cole's generally poor season I think there are signs that he could make a serious step up. Possibly his superb form recently is a sign that shifting him to play more centrally is the way to make that happen.

It's all just a hunch. At the moment yes, Lingard is the stronger bet.

sincher

Bit of a worry that he looked so lost at Leicester though - he wasn't ready for that.

Doing well for the ressies is one thing; a player needs to be able to handle the steps up if he's going to make it at United. Clearly Lingard has done well this season but needs to do it for a Champo club next season I think.

Brightonian

Bit of a worry that he looked so lost at Leicester though - he wasn't ready for that.

Doing well for the ressies is one thing; a player needs to be able to handle the steps up if he's going to make it at United. Clearly Lingard has done well this season but needs to do it for a Champo club next season I think.
Yep. To be fair, he didn't really get much of a chance at Leicester. Not their fault - they had to do whatever was needed to get that play-off place. But I don't think Jesse actually put a foot wrong. It's the nature of the game these days. With so much money on the line, even in lower leagues, it's always hard to find a loan spell with guaranteed playing time.

CLK_FPC

Fists of Fury
Didn't see a great deal of Lingard at Leicester think I saw a live game against Forest where he got some minutes but he hardly had a chance to show what he can do and being his size in the Championship was never going to be easy.

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
Did Cole ever play as a full back?

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
Yeah. A few games last season. Purely for developmental purposes, though.

mo0

yea, to back up CLK, Cole had a largely anonymous season - mainly due to injury.

bright start, strong finish. the middle bit was a iffy though.

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
I said youngsters. Amos is 23 and stuck playing for our u21's. He's really not that great.
Started 19 games for the second best side in the Championship. Though he eventually lost his place there would've been plenty of takers at that level if we wanted to loan him out after Christmas, as, by and large, he made a very good impression during the first half of the season.

I have no problem with you or anyone else not rating the odd young player, it's the hyperbole that for some reason often goes with it that annoys me.

sincher

Started 19 games for the second best side in the Championship. Though he eventually lost his place there would've been plenty of takers at that level if we wanted to loan him out after Christmas, as, by and large, he made a very good impression during the first half of the season.

I have no problem with you or anyone else not rating the odd young player, it's the hyperbole that for some reason often goes with it that annoys me.
Sounded a bit like he had quite a poor first half of the season actually. Up until then I thought he was very promising. Not so sure now. Bruce expressed his concern about his form publicly.

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
He lost form in mid-November, up until then he did very well for a 22 year old keeper in the Championship.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Moyes on LarnellCole: "The people tell me he's an exciting prospect" -

Genius Me!

Proud EE fan, 10k club member & NSFW crew member
Cole lost a lot of form for a while but in the final third of the season he was tearing it up.

Genius Me!

Just read it, fantastic news. He needs to go out on loan for himself and so that it frees up space for the likes of Pearson and co.

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
Cole mostly plays as a winger for us, despite some talk a few years ago about turning him into a central midfielder. The guys from the U18s who played on the wing the most last season were Daehli and Weir, and of course Daehli is gone.

I'd love to see him get a loan deal though, it's a crucial step for nearly anyone hoping to make the first team.

Minkaro

Talk on Twitter is that he and Michael Keane are set to move on loan to Derby. Not sure about length.

Should tell them to start trying to convince Will Hughes to come here.

mufcwarm92

Not sure the Leicester fans will be too happy about Keane to Derby :lol:. Probably a decent move for both, though I think Keane could've got a Prem move.

Will Hughes looks a right prick, taking the piss when United got knocked out of Europe last season on twitter. I'd be shocked if we went after him.

Drainy

Not sure the Leicester fans will be too happy about Keane to Derby :lol:. Probably a decent move for both, though I think Keane could've got a Prem move.
feck them.

I'd say Keane needs another year at Championship level, I rate him extremely highly but he's started the season off pretty slowly so a top level loan would be risky.

mufcwarm92

Not as bad as I thought but acted the cnut anyway. Said something along the lines of:

'That was harsh for United to go out but oh well, 5 times'

Also numerous bitter scouse comments you'd usually see on RAWK.

lysglimt

Scout
Not as bad as I thought but acted the cnut anyway. Said something along the lines of:

'That was harsh for United to go out but oh well, 5 times'

Also numerous bitter scouse comments you'd usually see on RAWK.

not bad at all in my opinion

Genius Me!

What league are they in? Good to see him get first team action if true, he needs it.

Gerald G

If he gets regular game time then that'll be enough for me. He really needs a loan and I don't know how Bournemouth play but I hope they play a good style of football otherwise there wouldn't be much point.