Larnell Cole

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Realistically, he is unlikely to make it in our first-team. Getting a deal at a Prem team would be a very good landing for him.

savais

Didnt get as much of an opportunity during pre season as lingard or januzaj. May have been injured. He looks to be technically good...excellent on the turn. But I guess only place for one of lingard or him in the squad

savais

Curious to know from the regular watchers of the youth team...who is the better player out of those two?

jb8521

Didnt get as much of an opportunity during pre season as lingard or januzaj. May have been injured. He looks to be technically good...excellent on the turn. But I guess only place for one of lingard or him in the squad
He missed out on the pre season because he was with the England under 20s Moyes said he would have gone on tour if he had been available

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
Curious to know from the regular watchers of the youth team...who is the better player out of those two?
Lingard. Cole has somewhat stagnated over the past season and a half.

LR7

Saw this thread bumped and hoped it'd mean he's gone on loan.
That supposed Fulham interest fizzled out quick.

Genius Me!

Proud EE fan, 10k club member & NSFW crew member
Saw this thread bumped and hoped it'd mean he's gone on loan.
That supposed Fulham interest fizzled out quick.
And fizzled back in.

Apparently Fulham have bid for both Cole and Tunnicliffe according to sky sports.

Genius Me!

I don't see the problem loaning them to a PL team, letting them get experience and then deciding whether to make it perm...
Are we talking about permanent deals here?
I think he's trying to get them on permanent deals. Ryan I don't mind losing because he won't make it here, but if we sell Larnell without even giving the boy a loan move I will be absolutely livid.

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
I think he's trying to get them on permanent deals. Ryan I don't mind losing because he won't make it here, but if we sell Larnell without even giving the boy a loan move I will be absolutely livid.
To be fair, Tunnicliffe may not be as good as Cole, but if we're missing positions.. it's not attacking mids..

LR7

And fizzled back in.

Apparently Fulham have bid for both Cole and Tunnicliffe according to sky sports.
What timing!

Wouldn't be a bad move for either. I'm not sure about Tunnicliffe ever making it here, and it'll be interesting to see how Cole fares on loan. I'm sure we'd have clauses if we ever wanted him back.
Fulham really need the average age of their squad lowering as well. Some much needed energy injected into their midfield.

Ekeke

Both should try their luck elsewhere longterm. Cole could make it eventually but has a lot to work on

Genius Me!

To be fair, Tunnicliffe may not be as good as Cole, but if we're missing positions.. it's not attacking mids..
Really and truly, I don't see Cole carving a career for himself here but I do really like him and think he has something about him that especially tunners doesnt have. But he's never going to be able to prove himself stuck in reserves, it's time we either loan him out or move him on for the good of his own career.

Ekeke

Well Cole's footwork and shot are very good for a young player, good enough for him to make it in the top league. But his passing for someone playing CM is limited. He'll need to find about 15 extra yards on his passes before he's even looking at being an option for us. Right now its 8 yard passes that keep the ball moving

datura

There are some reports that a deal has been agreed with Fulham for him and Tunnicliffe and they'll have medicals tomorrow. I like him as a player but don't see him as a United first teamer, Fulham could be good for him and he needs to be playing at a higher level then u21s to continue to develop.

jb8521

There are some reports that a deal has been agreed with Fulham for him and Tunnicliffe and they'll have medicals tomorrow. I like him as a player but don't see him as a United first teamer, Fulham could be good for him and he needs to be playing at a higher level then u21s to continue to develop.
We should try and get first option on Patrick Roberts as part of the deal he looks a huge talent

jeston

Mail have said United not willing to let Cole move on a permanent basis as he's highly rated - and are looking for loans instead.

LR7

SSN said him and Tunnicliffe were at Fulhams training ground I think.

Rossa

Well Cole's footwork and shot are very good for a young player, good enough for him to make it in the top league. But his passing for someone playing CM is limited. He'll need to find about 15 extra yards on his passes before he's even looking at being an option for us. Right now its 8 yard passes that keep the ball moving
Sounds a lot like Cleverley then, only that Cole is quicker and more technical?