Kick-off
Thu, 12 March 2020 @ 5:55pm GMT
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Lucky McLuckerson

The saviour of our season (ask Maradona10)
    ..................VS..................

Date - Thursday, March 12 2020

Kickoff Time - 1755 Hrs GMT
    Venue - Linzer Stadion, Linz, Austria

Europa League form guide

Manchester United: WLWDW
    LASK: WWWDW

Previous Meetings In All Competitions

N/A

All-Time Record In All Competitions

Manchester United wins:
    LASK wins:
    Draws:

Pre-Match Pressers

Ole Gunnar Solskjær

Valérien Ismaël

Team News

Manchester United

Paul Pogba, Marcus Rashford and Lee Grant ruled out.

LASK

Marvin Potzmann, Husein Balić, Philipp Wiesinger and Petar Filipović ruled out.

Know the opposition

Linzer Athletik-Sport-Klub, commonly known as Linzer ASK or simply LASK and nicknamed Die Schwarz-Weißen (The Black-Whites), is an Austrian association football club, from the Upper-Austrian state capital Linz. It is the oldest football club hailing from that region, and plays in the Austrian Football Bundesliga, the top tier of Austrian football.

The club was founded in the winter of 1908, when Albert Siems, head of the royal post-office garage at Linz, who had already been a member of an 1899-founded club for heavy athletics, Linzer Athletik Sportklub Siegfried, decided to establish a football club. LASK achieved its greatest success, in winning the Austrian League in 1965. No club outside Vienna had ever won before. Additionally, the club won the domestic cup that same year. In 1995, the official name became LASK Linz, as officials wanted to bring out the city's name as a complement to the LASK designation, which had constituted itself as a brand name.

LASK's biggest rivals are cross-city club FC Blau-Weiß Linz (against whom they contest the Linz Derby). They play their home games at the Raiffeisen Arena (Waldstadion) or Linzer Stadion for UEFA competitions.

Referee

Artur Manuel Soares Dias.​

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
    All well and good beating City but how will we get motivated for this game? This will be Ole's first real test.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
    Expecting Ole to go about this in much the same way as the away leg in Bruges with a view to the Spurs game. Can see the likes of Lingard and Pereira starting and us maybe scraping a score draw if we're lucky. Ought to paste them at home, so it shouldn't matter.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
    Rest everyone and try to nick an away goal. Should do 'em at home.

-Supreme-

Important to use the full squad with Spurs having an extra two days to prepare for our game on Sunday

--------------------Romero

Dalot------Bailly------Maguire-----Williams

-----------------McT----Andreas

Greenwood-------Mata-------James

---------------------Ighalo

Havak

Pokemon master
    Expect to see McTominay start, maybe a few other changes like Bailly, Mata, Lingard, Greenwood or Ighalo from the start as well. Think it will be a rather strong line-up though, try and get the win away from home along with a couple of goals.

Spurs are only 1-0 down and not in good form, they'll have to go for it full strength in their midweek game as well.

Romero
    Wan-Bissaka Bailly Maguire Williams
    McTominay Fred
    Mata Fernandes James
    Ighalo
    ---
    De Gea; Shaw, Tuanzebe; Matic, Lingard; Greenwood, Martial​

Think we should be able to bag a couple of goals here and go through comfortably. I don't think we need wholesale changes so much, rather get this first leg dusted and go into the Spurs game with high confidence. We play LASK at home and Norwich away after Spurs (both cup games), so we should be aiming to rest a few players in each of those games rather than this one IMO. But don't get me wrong, there's a few changes that can happen here due to knocks and some players deserving of starting (ie. Bailly, McTominay, Mata, Ighalo).

Gerald G

I would rest some players here. It is a risk but we're away to Spurs on Sunday. Just try not to lose.

Romero
    Dalot--Bailly--Lindelof--Williams
    McTominay--Fred
    Greenwood--Mata--Lingard
    Ighalo

Subs: De Gea; Maguire, AWB; Matic, Pereira, Bruno; Martial

if Pogba is fit enough for the bench then have him there instead of James.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
    Romero
    Dalot Bailly Maguire Williams
    McTominay Bruno
    Greenwood Mata Lingard
    Ighalo
    Rest Fred, keep Bruno in. Start Greenwood on the right with Ighalo top. Should be enough to get a decent result.

PoTMS

We've been good so far in 2020. Eye can't envision us losing this one. A win would be great to take back to OT where we would be clearly out of sight.

Dan_F

Romero
    McTominay Bruno
    Greenwood Mata Lingard
    Ighalo
    Rest Fred, keep Bruno in. Start Greenwood on the right with Ighalo top. Should be enough to get a decent result.
    Would be wise to rest Maguire after his ankle issue. Pereira in midfield for Bruno, just because he probably needs a rest. It’s really weak, but should be plenty for a first leg.

darko

I think Mcguire starts. McTomminay, Dalot, Romero, Williams, Mata, Greenwood, Igalo and probably Perriera, Bailly and maybe Jones.

I think Bruno and Martial and James all start on the bench.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
    It will be a tough LASK to win, perhabsburg we should start with Igalho to give Martial a rest. Linzgard could return to the squad however starting him wouldn't be the reich choice.

ben.heff10

I think we'll get a 1-0 but we'll make them look decent. We'll probably play a similar side to Bruges away with a few changes based on recent form.

Romero
    McTom Pereira
    Greenwood Mata Lingard
    Ighalo

Bwuk

Bruno will play, as will Maguire. I don’t think he’ll ever really rest them.

Any chance of Pogba on the bench?

Adamsk7

Fred and Maguire need a rest. They’ve played an inordinate amount of minutes recently

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
    I want to see a few changes to give some players a rest but not too many because we need to get this sewn up away from home and then can rest even more at home and play some of the kids.

Dve

I want us to go there are deliver an absolutely crap performance and scrap out a 0-0 or 0-1. The main thing is to get through this game without injuries and to rest the players who didn´t have a rest in the very last (+ old Matic). With the midfielders needed for this game, I´d go with the diamond (or 4-2-3-1 and give Garner a chance next to McTominay).

.................... Romero

Bissaka - Bailly - Maguire - Williams

................ McTominay

... Pereira ................... Lingard

................... Mata

.. Greenwood ......... Ighalo

Last edited:

theklr

I want us to go there are deliver an absolutely crap performance and scrap out a 0-0 or 0-1. The main things is to get through this game without injuries and to rest the players who didn´t have a rest in the very last (+ old Matic). With the midfielders needed for this game, I´d go with the diamond (or 4-2-3-1 and give Garner a chance next to McTominay).

.................... Romero

Bissaka - Bailly - Maguire - Williams

................ McTominay

... Pereira ................... Lingard

................... Mata

.. Greenwood ......... Ighalo
    Would like to use Lindelof instead of Maguire to rest him. And Dalot for Bissaka. Should be enough.

Dve

Would like to use Lindelof instead of Maguire to rest him. And Dalot for Bissaka. Should be enough.
    I´d rather take them off when the game is secured. Can´t risk being knocked out either, and I don´t think this will be an easy game. Brugge were crap, but they also suffered under difficult playing conditions in the first match, and we should not go into this game believing Linsk will be equally easy to defend against. Linsk is a decent team, and I don´t want to lose because we concede on a corner (hence Maguire), or because Dalot gets beaten on the right. To be honest, I suspect that Ole will line up an even stronger team.

onemanarmy

Rest a few key players but don't underestimate LASK. We could go far in the tournament.

Romero
    Dalot Bailly Lindelof Williams
    McTominay Fred
    Mata
    Greenwood Ighalo Chong​

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
    Team should be...

---------------Romero---------------
    ---Bailly---Lindelof--Tuanzebe---
    Dalot--McTominay--Andreas--Williams
    -----------Mata------Lingard-----------
    -----------------Ighalo-----------------

Subs: De Gea, Shaw, Matic, Fernandes, James, Martial, Greenwood

Heavily rotate, we should be able to turn around even a defeat in the 2nd leg at home

paulscholes18

Romero
    McTominay Matic
    Greenwood Mata Lingard
    Ighalo

Lee565

___________romero
    Williams_bailly_lindelof_shaw
    ____mctominay__fred
    __________mata
    greenwood_ighalo_james

Norwich in the fa cup should be an easier game than this one so no need to go too crazy with fielding a weaker side than usual, really need to give Bissaka and maguire a rest though considering they were struggling to make the man city game today.

Dve

Rest a few key players but don't underestimate LASK. We could go far in the tournament.

Romero
    McTominay Fred
    Mata
    Greenwood Ighalo Chong​
    With that line-up, I think you are slightly contradicting yourself.

arthurka

___________romero
    Williams_bailly_lindelof_shaw
    ____mctominay__fred
    __________mata
    greenwood_ighalo_james

Norwich in the fa cup should be an easier game than this one so no need to go too crazy with fielding a weaker side than usual, really need to give Bissaka and maguire a rest though considering they were struggling to make the man city game today.
    Don't agree both are nothing to lose games both a potential banana skin.

King Andow

I don't know how people have the stomach to do a lineup with Lingard and Pereira together.

Dve

I don't know how people have the stomach to do a lineup with Lingard and Pereira together.
    Well, I must admit that it makes my stomach a bit unstable, but for me the main thing is than of none them are employed as nr. 10 or holding.

red woppit

Supports
    Northampton Town
    Well, the obvious players in are Romero, Dalot, Baillie, Mata, McTominay, Greenwood and Ighalo. Would Ole gives Jones a run out? Pereira and Lingard are possible, but personally I would only play one of them. I would go Romero, Dalot, Baillie, Jones, Williams, McTominay, Pereira, Mata, Fernandes, Greenwood and Ighalo. Bishop, Lindelof, Shaw, Fred, Matic, Martial, Lingard on the bench. Lets try to win this tie comfortably, then give an academy player a run in the home tie, Gomes, Garner Levitt perhaps.

Beat Brunos Sporting 3-0 and PSV 4-1 at home. Won the group. 6 points clear of Red Bull Salzburg (who looked very impressive i CL) in the league. Seems to be a decent team, so hope we line up a pretty strong 11.

Dve

Well, the obvious players in are Romero, Dalot, Baillie, Mata, McTominay, Greenwood and Ighalo. Would Ole gives Jones a run out? Pereira and Lingard are possible, but personally I would only play one of them. I would go Romero, Dalot, Baillie, Jones, Williams, McTominay, Pereira, Mata, Fernandes, Greenwood and Ighalo. Bishop, Lindelof, Shaw, Fred, Matic, Martial, Lingard on the bench. Lets try to win this tie comfortably, then give an academy player a run in the home tie, Gomes, Garner Levitt perhaps.
    As proven by the past, only if all the other DCs are injured.

Meep

Love these kick-off times that make it watchable with small kids.

Relfy

I think Matic, Fred and Maguire could do with a rest here. The likes of Mata, McT and Bailly can come in as cover. Dalot and Greenwood should start too in my opinion to keep the lads fresh for Spurs.

Mike Smalling

I know absolutely nothing about LASK, but we should rotate heavily and still be able to get a good result. I would go for:

Romero
    Dalot - Bailly - Lindelof - Williams
    McTominator - Pereira
    Greenwood - Mata - James
    Ighalo

Potentially bring in Fred instead of Pereira, but would like to see him get a rest.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Man of the Match

Odion Ighalo image Odion Ighalo 55% of 222 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

7.1 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 207 ratings.

Score Predictions