Television Last Chance U

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
Anyone watched this? Just finished S02 today. I must say, I didn't find it as good as S01 and I found it hard to relate to the 'stars' of the show like I did S01, too.

Pretty good sports documentary on Netflix, however, if that's your thing.

McLovin

Bites pillows thinking of John Terry
I watched the first season a while ago and found it engrossing. A great doc. Just about to start the 2nd one.

strongwalker

Supports
FC Bayern München
Awesome series. Highly recommended.

i'd actually like it if they did S03 about that underdog school from EP 07 (?).
It set the proportions straight i thought. While some of EMCCs players have their demons to fight, they still are privileged for they have the talent to really succeed in their sport.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
I absolutely love it, i'm mid way through season 2 and I agree with you. I can't relate to many of the 'stars' as much this time around, but i'm still hooked into the story.
Also Buddy calming down hasn't seemed to have helped the team, they're not as formidable as they were last season

I should be finished by tomorrow and ill post my thoughts after that

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Watched the first episode of season two and it felt a bit different to season one.

Some of the players seem like outright bellends and some of the staff seem like they're kind of aware of their fame for want of a better way of phrasing it. The head coach doesn't seem authentic when he's talking to camera at all.

Maybe I'm being unfair, will see how the rest of the season goes.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
Is it college football? Which university is it about?
College football, East Mississippi Community College.
It's where the talented players who get kicked out of college end up, as their last chance to secure qualification for D1.

I'd highly recommend it if you're into NFL/sports reality doc's.

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
College football, East Mississippi Community College.
It's where the talented players who get kicked out of college end up, as their last chance to secure qualification for D1.

I'd highly recommend it if you're into NFL/sports reality doc's.
Yeah I used to attend college football games when I lived stateside. Great spectacle

SteveTheRed

I really liked the first season, got invested in the characters and wanted to see them do well etc.

Watched first episode of season 2 and just couldn't finish it, Buddy was grating on me too much with interrupting himself every 5 second. It pissed me off no end

"Hey! listen up we're doing HEY! We're doing really well out there HEY! Look at me! You gotta get on them GOD DAMN PAY ATTENTION! get the dog dang ball "

Buchan

I really liked the first season, got invested in the characters and wanted to see them do well etc.

Watched first episode of season 2 and just couldn't finish it, Buddy was grating on me too much with interrupting himself every 5 second. It pissed me off no end

"Hey! listen up we're doing HEY! We're doing really well out there HEY! Look at me! You gotta get on them GOD DAMN PAY ATTENTION! get the dog dang ball "
:lol:

Without wanting to spoil it too much for those who haven't started/finished it yet, this is exactly how I found it. Stephens is by no means a popular figure; in fact, he's arguably the most divisive coach I've come across in high-level sports. I found him almost unbearable come the end of S02 and he was the root cause of a lot of in-team conflicts.

I loved the catch-up sequences with the main guys from S01 and the update on their careers post-EMCC. I related to those characters far more than the crop in S02. Funnily enough, I liked the character with arguably the most repulsive act on his crime sheet (De Andre, the QB) this season than any of the rest of them. He seemed to really be remorseful for his actions and really put his head down in school and on the football field. I'd like for him to get his redemption and play at a level his talent merits (should he, of course, continue to lead a moral lifestyle).

Buchan

How I found it:

S01 - 9/10
S02 - 7.5/10

I'd be surprised if there's a S03 to be honest. Stephens seemed so angsty and paranoid around the cameras this season and I doubt the cameras/producers enjoyed being insulted and rudely treated when they'd have signed, I'm sure, a full-access contract with the school and the team.

Dan

All Or Nothing on Amazon Prime is pretty good too.

Mick1991

:lol:, he can be very Sunday league football managerish at times.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Just watched the second episode of S2, the way they handled Isaiah Wright with his concussion was outrageous.

strongwalker

Supports
FC Bayern München
The religious stuff hasn't half been cranked up a notch.
:D

Saying "gaddunnit" instead of "goddamit" makes one 100% a better human being, apparently.

The closer the look, the more alien this kind of society is to an avverage middle european. On the plus side, the comments of the players about Hillary/Donnie made more sense than many a political newspaper article, even if i needed subtitles to understand them :D

SteveTheRed

How I found it:

S01 - 9/10
S02 - 7.5/10

I'd be surprised if there's a S03 to be honest. Stephens seemed so angsty and paranoid around the cameras this season and I doubt the cameras/producers enjoyed being insulted and rudely treated when they'd have signed, I'm sure, a full-access contract with the school and the team.
I read yesterday that there will be a season 3 but not at EMCC, it's going to be at Independence CC Kansas, don't know anything about them.

I will finish S2, didn't realise they did a catch up with the guys from S1

strongwalker

Supports
FC Bayern München
(Blatant Bump)

S3 is out.

watched up to S03E03 and the "where are they now" special.

I didn't really love S02 that much, but S03 seems to pick up where S01 left off. New College, same quality - the best sports documentation there is period.

GloryHunter07

Didnt know there was a new series! I think they took the EMCC story as far as they could, looking forward to this..

JoaquinJoaquin

(Blatant Bump)

S3 is out.

watched up to S03E03 and the "where are they now" special.

I didn't really love S02 that much, but S03 seems to pick up where S01 left off. New College, same quality - the best sports documentation there is period.
Yeah really enjoying this s3 so far. I kind of like Malik Henry even though they try to paint him in a bad light.

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
Watched the first 2 episodes last night of the 3rd series. Gonna go home and watch the rest tonight and can’t wait

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
I don't think I finished season two of this, it was annoying, will have to revisit as I really enjoyed the concept and season one was great.

strongwalker

Supports
FC Bayern München
Watched the first 2 episodes last night of the 3rd series. Gonna go home and watch the rest tonight and can’t wait
After Buddy Stephens and his cringeworthy guilt about being an asshole, and his even more cringeworthy bible-bashing minions, it is refreshing to see Jason Brown, who is a foulmouthed SOB and proud of it :D

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
After Buddy Stephens and his cringeworthy guilt about being an asshole, and his even more cringeworthy bible-bashing minions, it is refreshing to see Jason Brown, who is a foulmouthed SOB and proud of it :D
You’re not wrong :lol:

Although these coaches in general I find pretty grating, there’s no way I’d be able to play for them without telling them to feck off. Maybe that’s what these kids need though I dunno.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
John Franklin, the cocky QB from season one that couldn't win the starting position and transferred to Aubern, is now a safety for the Chicago Bears, signing with them after going undrafted :houllier:

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
John Franklin, the cocky QB from season one that couldn't win the starting position and transferred to Aubern, is now a safety for the Chicago Bears, signing with them after going undrafted :houllier:
He went from QB to WR to CB to S in a few years time. Maybe he has good positioning skills as he might have a decent understanding of where the opposing QB will put the ball as a former QB himself. He was also a track runner in high school so probably still really fast.

I doubt he'll make it though. A lot of these guys that go undrafted end up on one or another roster but barely get any playing time. Don't think we'd ever heard of him if it wasn't for the series, but I'll definitely keep an eye on him this season (after he gets torched by Rodgers Stafford and Cousins).

JoaquinJoaquin

Shocked by that. Didn't have him down as making the league at all.

JoaquinJoaquin

You’re not wrong :lol:

Although these coaches in general I find pretty grating, there’s no way I’d be able to play for them without telling them to feck off. Maybe that’s what these kids need though I dunno.
The coaches are arrogant arseholes for the most part. I kind of think that plays a part in the DNA to coach at that level, as you are dealing with all types of personalities.

GloryHunter07

Never liked him, didnt strike me as a QB that would get anywhere near the pros.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
He went from QB to WR to CB to S in a few years time. Maybe he has good positioning skills as he might have a decent understanding of where the opposing QB will put the ball as a former QB himself. He was also a track runner in high school so probably still really fast.

I doubt he'll make it tough. A lot of these guys that go undrafted end up on one or another roster but barely get any playing time. Don't think we'd ever heard of him if it wasn't for the series, but I'll definitely keep an eye on him this season (after he gets torched by Rodgers Stafford and Cousins).
The positioning and speed makes sense but yea I don't see him making it.

Kind of a Charles James type, although without the likeability factor.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
No I didn't like him either.

Wyatt Roberts who beat him for the starting QB role now works in a steel mill.
Yeah, and I think Isaiah Wright is on trial for homicide or something like that.