Last Man Standing 2022/23 | Losing finalists: jadajos, Jeffchin and VinchNow (401 started)

jadajos

Last Man Standing finalist 2022/23
Supports
Football
Teams left per player:

Infestissumam
  • Bournemouth
  • Fulham
  • Nott Forest
  • Southampton
  • Wolves
JB7
  • Brentford
  • Bournemouth
  • Leicester
  • Nott Forest
  • Southampton
@Damien You left two in here who had picked Palace last round.

jadajos

Supports
Football
Thank you. Thought I had updated the sheet but clearly not
Oh no, big thank you to you for running this, now even two at the same time!

For me it’s MD18 - Fulham

Week 17 predictions

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Week 17 predictions

(0) Brentford v Tottenham (0)
(1) Crystal Palace v Fulham (0)
(3) Everton v Wolves (0)
(0) Southampton v Brighton (0)
(1) Leicester v Newcastle (0)
(0) Aston Villa v Liverpool (0)
(1) Arsenal v West Ham (0)
(1) Chelsea v Bournemouth (0)
(1) Man Utd v Nott Forest (0)
(0) Leeds Utd v Man City (0)

Eliminated due to three autopicks: 0

Massacre. Down to 3.

Meep

jadajos

Supports
Football
Thanks for playing you three. You'll each get taglines and awards noting that you're LMS finalists. No winner this time around.
Should have picked Tottenham, thought they would bottle it, instead I did… Well, thanks everyone for playing and thank you Damien for all the work to make this possible, it’s very fun!

Damien

Staff
Ah sorry, thanks. I'll head there hoping it wasn't liverpool that were my pick. Why do you have to close the game weeks before last game? (No critic just curious) Fun game this!
There are a few reasons. Probably nothing major but collectively they make sense:
  1. I put a notice at the top of the site reminding people to submit predictions with a deadline of before the first match kicks off. Not having a deadline would mean the notice would be up all season long than a few days a week.
  2. Stops people from hedging their bets like having five teams in mind to be picks and waiting until lineups are out for each match before choosing whether to go with that or wait.
  3. Helps sift out those who aren't really interested in the competition long term. If people could submit picks before the last game kicked off, there'd be a few who would constantly just post last minute which is unfair to those who've been actively keeping up with things.
  4. I like to post the list of predictions when the first match of the gameweek kicks off and helps engagement as people comment on how their pick is doing. If the deadline was the last game then it'd basically just be posting the list at the end and there wouldn't be as much excitement. I have been busier this season so I've not been posting the predictions at the start as much as I used to but I'll be doing that again at some point.
  5. Linked to point 2 but a lot more work would be created by people changing their predictions if the lineups weren't favourable. Some do change their picks once they've made it currently but it is usually only a handful of people at most.

Damien

Staff
Should have picked Tottenham, thought they would bottle it, instead I did… Well, thanks everyone for playing and thank you Damien for all the work to make this possible, it’s very fun!
I was a bit surprised none of you changed picks, particularly you. I suppose the pickings were slim though.

jadajos
  • Chelsea (still to play)
  • Southampton (lost at home to Forest)
  • Tottenham (won away at Crystal Palace)
Jeffchin
  • Aston Villa (drew at home to Wolves)
  • Leicester (lost at home to Fulham)
VinchNow
  • Brighton (won away at Everton)
  • Leeds Utd (drew at home to West Ham)
VinchNow's were the toughest of the lot but think in yours and Jeff's shoes I'd have gone for Spurs and Villa respectively.

VinchNow

Supports
Liverpool
@Damien Thanks a lot for the work. It was fun while it lasted.
I thought that a home game against Nottingham was the "safest" to pick Southampton.

jadajos

Supports
Football
I was a bit surprised none of you changed picks, particularly you. I suppose the pickings were slim though.
To be honest, I just went with the betting odds between the three teams, for the first time in the game actually. And of course it went wrong immediately.