Television Last Week Tonight with John Oliver

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
I’m having trouble watching shows like this or Colbert without an audience. Like...it’s a reminder of what’s going on instead of an escape, something like that.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
The last 10 mins of that episode were absolute gold.

The annual feck you to peeps, the rant at the porcupine, the green screen queen and the whole rat erotica section - just perfect.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
The last 10 mins of that episode were absolute gold.

The annual feck you to peeps, the rant at the porcupine, the green screen queen and the whole rat erotica section - just perfect.
Yeah it's not quite the same show without the audience but they've kept up the quality behind closed doors far better than most.

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
Newest episode. I'm consistently gobsmacked at how much stupid they put on American TV. Dangerous stuff.

Norris

Yet again, a very good episode. Baffles me how much people believe absolutely anything that comes on TV/Radio.

Anustart89

Yet again, a very good episode. Baffles me how much people believe absolutely anything that comes on TV/Radio.
Not seen the episode yet so can't really comment, but it's quite an ironic statement when considering that you're commenting on a TV show, hehe.

Thought it was the was the worst episode since the show started, they had two weeks of utter Trump nonsense including injecting dettol to laugh at and yet there was barely a laugh in the entire episode.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Thought it was the was the worst episode since the show started, they had two weeks of utter Trump nonsense including injecting dettol to laugh at and yet there was barely a laugh in the entire episode.
Agreed. And when the jokes are not top notch, those pauses for laughter that he still does feel incredibly awkward.

The Firestarter

Step on my front Adam driver you rudely large man break my fingers you brooding Mountain. because there's only one infectious disease that two-thirds of the world should be getting right now and that's Adam driver fever. shatter my knees you feckable redwood slap up my toes. you big unwashed Buffalo.

Legend.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
The sponsoring of the marble league was fun, but I found the segment about the impact of the lockdown a little disingenuous at times - he referenced the Bundesliga picking up, and the way he portrayed players being contaminated with the virus seemed to indicate a direct impact between the games that had been played the day before and these cases (which occurred prior to that, during the training I think).

At least he spared us a reference to LFC, though it seemed obvious he was holding back :lol:

Norris

Think this was one of the most powerful episodes I've seen.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
‘Which is fitting because Biden is the shoot you in the leg instead of the head presidential candidate right now.’

Brilliant.

Dion

And this is what I think a lot of people don't really get about the fight for racial equality. It's like a leak in the attic. If you ignore the damp on the ceiling it will start to grow mould, if you ignore the mould water will start to drip from the ceiling, if you ignore the dripping from the ceiling then the ceiling will start to sag and if you ignore the sagging then eventually it will collapse. It's a natural progression.

Black people will get equality because being unequal in society is intolerable. If you ignore the man kneeling at the NFL games then you will get protests, if you ignore the protests you will get riots and if you ignore riots you get what happened in South Africa and the US not so long ago. America has already seen this first hand and it nearly broke the Union but we know that in the end the people fighting for justice and equality will win.

You can't just keep ignoring a leak and then complain about getting wet. Don't want a mob to pull down the statue of a racist? Take it down when they ask for it through the official channels so black people don't have to look at a monument to oppression every day.

The Firestarter

As far as the topic goes , this was one of the most important episodes. The lack of audience / laugh track combined perfectly with the seriousness of the issue.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
As far as the topic goes , this was one of the most important episodes. The lack of audience / laugh track combined perfectly with the seriousness of the issue.
Yea definitely, and the close of the episode was perfect.

It’s just a shame that the people who need to hear these things won’t be watching.