Television Last Week Tonight with John Oliver

The Firestarter

Yea definitely, and the close of the episode was perfect.

It’s just a shame that the people who need to hear these things won’t be watching.
I hope that sentient polo mallet Tucker Carlson did watch it though.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Yeah it was. The point about the attempted assassination of Reagan was very interesting.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
It might seem like low hanging fruit, the border wall and banging Adam Driver, but he is on point. It feels like the US media has not taken those responsible to task enough on this nonsense lately...at least on the former.

Last edited:

Ether

Still amazing how much Trump fecked up the Covid response over there. Record breaking incompetence.

SqueakyWeasel

Still amazing how much Trump fecked up the Covid response over there. Record breaking incompetence.
It's only been handled more incompetently in a few other places taking total deaths as a percentage of the population … one being the UK.

231,000 US deaths from a country of 328m people (705 deaths per million) is about on par with the UK's claimed Covid-19 deaths of 46,700 (within 28 days of testing positive) from a population of 66.5m people (working out at 702 deaths per million) however the US figure is much lower per capita than the actual figure for the UK of total Covid related deaths 58,900 (which works out at 885 deaths per million) only Belgium (1,022) and Peru (1,060) beat the UK there!

Red Stone

I may have sent a picture of a man's anus to that link asking for proof of voter fraud.

SqueakyWeasel

That ending :lol:

Must have saved up a lot of budget during the pandemic.
:lol: Was thinking exactly the same myself earlier, although I have a feeling that chosing to become the sole sponser of the marble league ate into their surplus funds quite considerably.

Great show, still thought the drama of the 2016 ending was better though. His frustration four years ago, listing off the stars who had died and then things like BREXIT, and then Trump building up to that explosion in the stadium was intense.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Glad it’s back but that was fecking terrifying.

Norris

He called Bats "A Cute little Goth Mouse" :lol:
Good episode that.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
“I’m the... BABY MERCHANT! Tots R Us”

Infuriating episode, that part aside.