Television Last Week Tonight with John Oliver

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Just catching up and had this same thought myself.

The police raids and unemployment segments were utterly rage inducing though.
Yeah they really were. Like I'm sure Ireland and the UK would show up loads of ridiculous issues if we had shows like this here but the US still seems on a whole other level of mental.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
“Its the worst thing to come out of a Kennedy’s mouth since the back of a Kennedy’s head”

:lol: Jesus

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
The insane thing about this is that if you google Venus Veil you get hits for Yahoo News and MSN news that linked to the ABC affiliate videos which have now been removed. Just shows how easily the shit gets amplified!

The Firestarter

The nazi feckblanket + Clooney + ham fisting and the Juliani Jr made this absolutely hilarious episode :lol:

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
I just watched the Venus Veil segment. All craziness aside, how on fecking earth do these companies get away with this shit? Does the FDA sue these companies for their outlandish claims? How does the law work here?

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
I just watched the Venus Veil segment. All craziness aside, how on fecking earth do these companies get away with this shit? Does the FDA sue these companies for their outlandish claims? How does the law work here?
Not well

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
But why not though? What am I missing here?
Same shit we deal with when it comes to herbal/natural remedies. As long as the assholes word their claims "just right" they are able to avoid breaking the letter of the law while taking a giant shit on the spirit of it.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
I felt John Olivers last episode here was very good

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
My goodness, the things I didn't know about America. :lol: What a shithole country honestly.

Ether

So weird watching this again with a live audience

Glad pumpkin spice season is back though :lol:

Last edited:

Revan

Assumptionman
Haven't watched this for some time now. Found that the episode in the public debt and the one for face recognition were really poorly researched, and didn't watch since then.

Norman Brownbutter

ask him about his bath time mishap
Well PFAS sound fecking terrifying.
watch ‘dark waters’ and ‘the devil we know’ doc on Netflix. DuPont family are one of those that don’t have to pay for anything they do. At least not like you or I would.

Robert Richards, one of the DuPont heirs, raped his three year old daughter. He got eight years. But, the judge said, and I shit you not, it’s on record that he said this. He said that Richards “wouldn’t fare well in prison” and then suspended the sentence. He spent not a single day in prison for the rape of his own three year old daughter.

The disregard for human health shown by DuPont is nothing short of hitler levels of evil. They spends decades pouring that shit into our water. fecking polar bears have been found to have c8 in this blood.

Chemours(DuPont by another name) has been dumping genX(c8 replacement that’s pretty much the same thing) in north Carolina since 1980. 200,000 lbs of the stuff to be exact. In 2018 they paid a 12 million dollar fine, and had to provide drinking water to those effected.

The whole thing is shocking. For all the shit about trump getting away with grabbing pussys, no one seems to really give a feck that DuPont poisoned the world for decades and just paid out some money to make it go away. and then went right back to doing the same thing.

And now we are talking about how many parts per million of poison is ok to have in our blood like that’s an ok conversation to have. Imagine I gave you a glass of water from the toilet, how many parts per million of my shit is ok to be in that water? Zero, right? And my shit wont give you cancer.

I’d say enjoy the rabbit hole, but you won’t. Its the stuff of nightmares.

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
watch ‘dark waters’ and ‘the devil we know’ doc on Netflix. DuPont family are one of those that don’t have to pay for anything they do. At least not like you or I would.

Robert Richards, one of the DuPont heirs, raped his three year old daughter. He got eight years. But, the judge said, and I shit you not, it’s on record that he said this. He said that Richards “wouldn’t fare well in prison” and then suspended the sentence. He spent not a single day in prison for the rape of his own three year old daughter.

The disregard for human health shown by DuPont is nothing short of hitler levels of evil. They spends decades pouring that shit into our water. fecking polar bears have been found to have c8 in this blood.

Chemours(DuPont by another name) has been dumping genX(c8 replacement that’s pretty much the same thing) in north Carolina since 1980. 200,000 lbs of the stuff to be exact. In 2018 they paid a 12 million dollar fine, and had to provide drinking water to those effected.

The whole thing is shocking. For all the shit about trump getting away with grabbing pussys, no one seems to really give a feck that DuPont poisoned the world for decades and just paid out some money to make it go away. and then went right back to doing the same thing.

And now we are talking about how many parts per million of poison is ok to have in our blood like that’s an ok conversation to have. Imagine I gave you a glass of water from the toilet, how many parts per million of my shit is ok to be in that water? Zero, right? And my shit wont give you cancer.

I’d say enjoy the rabbit hole, but you won’t. Its the stuff of nightmares.
Watched Dark Waters last year, was eye opening just how badly the system works. Shocking how this stuff still goes on and so little is done about the companies. Will have to add the documentary to my list.

The Firestarter

You have very strong family support. So unlike many unfortunate people who come before me, you are lucky in that regard, and I hope you appreciate that.”

Judge Jan Jurden
Meaning: you are lucky you are rich

Absolutely disgusting. He seems to have done it to his son as well.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
I need to catch up on this, last one I watched was this years pumpkin spiced latte video which was brilliant as usual!

OleBoiii

Well this makes my leftist blood boil already on a Monday morning.

The "living wages" bit :lol: