Late in May 1999...

PoTMS

A thread to remember Ole, the player.

What a fecking 20LEgend.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Some of my favourite Ole manager moments.

The atmosphere when Ronnie scored his second here. Best Old Trafford has been since Fergie?

Highest ever win, Ole's and our record.

Old Trafford. Leeds. With the fans.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Some of my favourite Ole manager moments.

The atmosphere when Ronnie scored his second here. Best Old Trafford has been since Fergie?

Highest ever win, Ole's and our record.

Old Trafford. Leeds. With the fans.
I'm glad these videos are blocked where I am. Also, read the room.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
I'm glad these videos are blocked where I am. Also, read the room.
I've sorted the blocked issue out. Apologies about the player part, I missed that. But I'm not deleting it now. If you don't want to watch, don't, and add your own favourite memories of his as a player.

United Hobbit

They just played "and Solskjaer has won it" clip on the BBC news, I still get Goosebumps

We need to get back to commentators being able to say "can Manchester United score, they always score"

I think almost all of us wanted it to work when he was appointed and had dreams of him leading us to trophies as a manager as well as as a player

Unfortunately it just didn't work out, and the board should have acted a lot sooner and spared him at the very least these last few months

I hope he comes back to watch a game and gets a great reception from the fans, despite my wanting him out for a while. I wouldn't even have a problem with him being given an ambassador role in time.

giggs-beckham

Clueless
Poor Sheringham, scores the goal that brings us back, assist the winning goal, but gets no credit, no banners no songs.
His is the most important goal in our history. With time running out we were praying for 1 goal just 1...
And the last 5mins they were on the ropes, after teddy's goal we would've smashed them after. That's obvious those who remember. Ole won the corner though with a bright step over, it was uniteds day after giggs to Sheringham..

stevoc

Poor Sheringham, scores the goal that brings us back, assist the winning goal, but gets no credit, no banners no songs.
So you think Solskjaer is a United legend based on one goal?

Its weird, left us 8th in the league, probably missed out Champions League next season with a squad worth over a billion, lets do tribute threads to him.
So people can't reminisce about Solskjaer the player?

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Its weird, left us 8th in the league, probably missed out Champions League next season with a squad worth over a billion, lets do tribute threads to him.
No, what’s weird is there are so many threads for wankers to moan about Ole in, yet they have go to the one or two “tribute threads” to share their negativity.

UnofficialDevil

Anti Scottish and Preoccupied with Donkeys.
I'm not anti Scottish, I just wanted Moyes out.
No, but some people act like he was the reason we managed to do the treble, like it was his goals that led us all the way to the final or something. He didn't even play a single minute in either of the semi finals, or single minute in any of the quarter finals, he was on the bench. Other players that contributed more that year dont get the same amount of credit or gratitude.

stevoc

No, but some people act like he was the reason we managed to do the treble, like it was his goals that led us all the way to the final or something. He didn't even play a single minute in either of the semi finals, or single minute in any of the quarter finals, he was on the bench. Other players that contributed more that year dont get the same amount of credit or gratitude.
Right so you do think he's a United legend based on one goal then. Cool.

He was actually at United for over a decade and scored many, many important goals for the club that lead successes for the club. He basically dedicated his career to United when he could have fecked off and played somewhere else. That's why he's got a banner, a song and the fans love the guy.

Are you that bitter towards Solskjaer that you have come into a thread like this and try to shit on the guys contributions as a player? Are you not happy he's been sacked is that not a big enough pound of flesh for you?

Witchking

Who scored the winner in injury time against Liverpool in the FA cup? 99 was his season to shine in terms of his importance of his goals. He played for United since 1996. He could have been a first choice striker at another club but chose to stay with us, never complained. Got the goals and has a song and a banner. Deal with it.

Loon

:lol:
But no banner no songs no tribute threads, bit unfair really.
Sheringham did have a song. ‘Oh, Teddy, Teddy, he signed for Man United and he won the lot.” It was in response to the banter he got (mainly Arsenal) when he first joined about winning nothing.

JB7

Yeah they do. Some of these people really are that single bloody minded and/or completely stupid.

I'm sure these people think the 350+ appearances were completely invented by "Ole-in" supporters & the fact that only 15 players have ever scored more goals for the club is a myth.

Uniquim

This goal was a banger (and what a pass from Becks!)

Also this was great.

Coming off the bench to score 4 goals. Ole's goals starts from 1:05

Last edited: