Lauren James | heading to Chelsea

Status
Not open for further replies.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
Nice to see her looking good yesterday when she came on against Arsenal as a sub - beating players and contributing to our winning goal.

She also received the women's "rising star" award today at the North West Football Awards:

Just for info, Mason Greenwood won the men's rising star award.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
She is by far, the most talented, skilled player in that team. Hopefully, she gets to maximise it during her career.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
Genuinely feel she'd have a shot at playing at a good level in the man's game.

Dudu

Happy for her :drool:
Although I'm slightly concerned this is a bit too sudden given how she only just came back from injury.

Also, no idea how long her first contract is, but hope the club are looking into extending her to a proper long term contract.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.

Happy for her :drool:
Although I'm slightly concerned this is a bit too sudden given how she only just came back from injury.

Also, no idea how long her first contract is, but hope the club are looking into extending her to a proper long term contract.
Hasn't a game been cancelled so it has turned into another training camp?

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
It's supposed to be against Norway I think and I am sure I heard it was cancelled. So they were just meeting up for a training camp.
Yep, the Norway match was cancelled. They'll be playing a couple of squad v squad full training matches as part of it. I wonder if they'll put them on FAPlayer again.

Ella Toone, Lucy Staniforth and Millie Turner are going to the training camp as well.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Yep, the Norway match was cancelled. They'll be playing a couple of squad v squad full training matches.

Ella Toone, Lucy Staniforth and Millie Turner are going to the training camp as well.
I noticed that. Nice to see our good form being acknowledged.

Dudu

It's supposed to be against Norway I think and I am sure I heard it was cancelled. So they were just meeting up for a training camp.
Yep, the Norway match was cancelled. They'll be playing a couple of squad v squad full training matches as part of it. I wonder if they'll put them on FAPlayer again.

So does it still count as an official call up for James, even though it's just a training camp and no international fixture scheduled?

Wixqaz

Supports
Celtic
Rumours are gathering pace that she's off to Chelsea in the summer. She has year left on her contract so it'll be interesting to see what the price is. Harder cost around 300K in the current world record.

Not sure it's the best place for her career (Hayes isn't known for playing youth and they're stacked), Jessie Flemming has got almost no playing time there this season, Beth England can't get in the team. But if she wants to go there no point in forcing her to stay.

48 hours

Rumours are gathering pace that she's off to Chelsea in the summer. She has year left on her contract so it'll be interesting to see what the price is. Harder cost around 300K in the current world record.

Not sure it's the best place for her career (Hayes isn't known for playing youth and they're stacked), Jessie Flemming has got almost no playing time there this season, Beth England can't get in the team. But if she wants to go there no point in forcing her to stay.
sounds like it’s a matter of time before it’s announced

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff

There's always been an air of inevitability about it - that she'd go to Chelsea one day. Would have liked her to stay here a few more years first but really looks like it'll be happening now.

Andersons Dietician

There is only one thing for it. Ask if they want a swap deal Reece James for Bissaka and they never come for Lauren again. Let’s make it happen Big Ed if you still do transfer stuff.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
It was always going to be difficult to keep her. She's a Londoner. When she came to us, it was to get playing time and her brother was on loan at Wigan. It's an different now. Plus, after such a strange year in terms of family/friends not able to visit etc, and multiple injuries, it must have been a lonely time in some ways.

At any rate, much as I'd love for her to stay, I can't say I'd begrudge her wanting to try her luck at Chelsea, even though I doubt she's ready to push Kerr, Harder, Ji, Kirby out of the team.

Wixqaz

Supports
Celtic
Her shirts on the Chelsea site so it should be confirmed soon.

Andersons Dietician

Follow her on Instagram and honestly she looks to have got herself in to ridiculous shape. Wherever she plays next season if she stays fit and healthy I think it’ll be a big season for her.

Lightbringer

Ask Chelsea to pay 250 000£ or feck off, they have endless amount of money anyways!

Wixqaz

Supports
Celtic
Ask Chelsea to pay 250 000£ or feck off, they have endless amount of money anyways!
They offer they've put in is 100k aparently. She's also done some childish stuff online (removed United from her bios, unfollowed the teams socials and followed Chelseas instead etc) so she's obviously pushing hard for the move.

I agree it should be more, but with the lack of attention being given to the team as a whole I'm starting to think that the only reason it hasn't been accepted is just because there's no one there to do that, not because they want more for her.

Lightbringer

They offer they've put in is 100k aparently. She's also done some childish stuff online (removed United from her bios, unfollowed the teams socials and followed Chelseas instead etc) so she's obviously pushing hard for the move.

I agree it should be more, but with the lack of attention being given to the team as a whole I'm starting to think that the only reason it hasn't been accepted is just because there's no one there to do that, not because they want more for her.
Holy shit, is that right? If she did all that, then I presume its better if she leaves. On the other hand we´ve seen players almost leave before and then do a decent service to the team. But the only problem is if we fail to land a replacement as things have unfolded, in that case it might be better to hold her ransom! Maybe they want to sign a replacement first before letting her go?

Haha, if there really is nobody that can take care of business, then we are in dire straits. I am perplexed by this, the womens team was doing so well and the only thing the club needed to do was to invest a bit and we would be set for glory and yet they manage to feck everything up. The manager pick needs to be right, or else we could truly be doomed.

Wixqaz

Supports
Celtic
Holy shit, is that right? If she did all that, then I presume its better if she leaves. On the other hand we´ve seen players almost leave before and then do a decent service to the team. But the only problem is if we fail to land a replacement as things have unfolded, in that case it might be better to hold her ransom! Maybe they want to sign a replacement first before letting her go?

Haha, if there really is nobody that can take care of business, then we are in dire straits. I am perplexed by this, the womens team was doing so well and the only thing the club needed to do was to invest a bit and we would be set for glory and yet they manage to feck everything up. The manager pick needs to be right, or else we could truly be doomed.
Yeah, I don't have the bio change but -

TBH she didn't play much due to injuries last season, and although she's a massive talent, she also left Arsenal under a bit of a cloud to join United in the first place. There's even been talk that she might switch to Jamaica because she's not getting call ups to England (which would be a poor decision, she's 19 not 25).

If she doesn't want to be here, then it's best she's gone and they pay up asap. But although she's got all the talent in the world, comparing her play from last season to the first season there's not been much improvement in her issues then. She still doesn't pass enough, holds onto the ball to long and she's bad in the press. It's what might have been I'll be disapointed to lose more than anything.

Lightbringer

Yeah, I don't have the bio change but -

TBH she didn't play much due to injuries last season, and although she's a massive talent, she also left Arsenal under a bit of a cloud to join United in the first place. There's even been talk that she might switch to Jamaica because she's not getting call ups to England (which would be a poor decision, she's 19 not 25).

If she doesn't want to be here, then it's best she's gone and they pay up asap. But although she's got all the talent in the world, comparing her play from last season to the first season there's not been much improvement in her issues then. She still doesn't pass enough, holds onto the ball to long and she's bad in the press. It's what might have been I'll be disapointed to lose more than anything.
Completely agreed.

Question marks with James:

1.Is she quick enough for the highest level?
2. Can she stay fit?
3. Can she produce at the highest level, let alone at a big club?

I am not sure I would answer yes surely on any of these questions, she is unproven, while young of course.

She is brilliant technical wise, but alot of that is undone by her lack of speed, she has been slowing down our attack for that reason. If you look at how she is built, not many other players have that kind of body type.

If we can find someone who is both quick and technical that would be an improvment.

If she really wanted out, it was right the sell and cash in, now we better go on a spending spree ;)

Wixqaz

Supports
Celtic
50K plus a player + addons. The previous article said it was 200k + addons. So everything depends on the player. They turned down 100k before.

So who would be a good player and be worth 100k-150k? Reitan and England are worth at least that. But I doubt they're available. Flemming is a young player who's not had a chance at Chelsea, it would be good for player and club but would Chelsea let her go? Doubtful. Then you're looking for other players like Blundell, Carter etc I don't think they're worth 100k+ at all.

So 50k + England? Great deal. + Flemming? Good deal. + Blundell/Carter? Poor deal.

Grande

The lack of information so far is disconcerting.
Murtaugh and Glazer have their heads on the block now on this. After Stoney left, they have it all to prove about being serious about our team.

With Press, Heath, James, Ross, Sigsworthgone in addition to Casey, we have a seriously depleted attack compared to last year.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
50K plus a player + addons. The previous article said it was 200k + addons. So everything depends on the player. They turned down 100k before.

So who would be a good player and be worth 100k-150k? Reitan and England are worth at least that. But I doubt they're available. Flemming is a young player who's not had a chance at Chelsea, it would be good for player and club but would Chelsea let her go? Doubtful. Then you're looking for other players like Blundell, Carter etc I don't think they're worth 100k+ at all.

So 50k + England? Great deal. + Flemming? Good deal. + Blundell/Carter? Poor deal.
Twitter rumors suggest that it's Betthany England. Take it with a pinch of salt obv.

Wixqaz

Supports
Celtic
Twitter rumors suggest that it's Betthany England. Take it with a pinch of salt obv.
I've heard it's Blundell. Which... meh but I suppose she's a better FB than the likes of Harris/Smith.

Status
Not open for further replies.