Laurence Fox feat. Elvis

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
Non-entity actor Laurence Fox, who had a brief flirtation with fame earlier this year after spouting lazy right wing views on Question Time, is apparently launching a new political party, provisionally called Reclaim. Its being dubbed the 'UKIP of culture' and will fight for freedom of speech and PC gone mad culture by the sound of it, basically standing up for the oppressed white heterosexual middle class male.
The party claims to be neither right nor left(!) and has raised £1m+ of funding from ex-Tory donors, with the aim of standing multiple candidates in elections.

Reclaim has three stated objectives, according to plans seen by The Telegraph.

The first is "to promote an open space through full protection of the fundamental freedoms of speech, expression, thought, association and academic inquiry. To stand in full opposition to laws and other measures which undermine those freedoms".

The second objective is "to reform publicly funded, controlled and operated institutions to ensure that they deliver on their primary purpose, free from political bias or agendas beyond their scope.

"This program of reform will cover, although not be exclusive to, our system of democracy, education, law enforcement, the civil service, public media, charitable organisations and other non-governmental organisations in receipt of public funds."
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politic...ching-new-political-party-fight-culture-wars/
The political hero the UK deserves, not the one it needs right now...

Last edited:

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Laurence Fox got told he had white privilege 6 months ago and hasn't stopped crying about it since. I wish he'd feck off, sick of hearing his name. For somebody who apparently isn't allowed to give his opinion he spends an awful lot of time giving his opinion.

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
When you’re such a victim of the vicious Left cancel culture that after being invited onto a BBC panel show you are then plucked from complete obscurity into mild fame and financed to the extent you can launch a new political party. Won’t someone give the poor man a platform?!

Tarrou

would be nice if once in a while a nice person was given a wad of cash to push forward their ideas of how to change things

but alas it only seems to happen with right-wing blow-hards cnuts

Last edited:

Frosty

Logical and sensible but turns women gay
When people don't vote for him, it will be the fault of all that political bias in:
  • Our system of democracy
  • education
  • law enforcement
  • the civil service
  • public media
  • charitable organisations and
  • other non-governmental organisations in receipt of public funds

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
"academic inquiry" :lol:

In other words they'll complain constantly without providing any solutions.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
I hope they reduce the Tory vote, but knowing the bonkers state of things now it'll be Labour folk who vote for them.
It does look like Labour are up in the polls again now Corbyn has gone, but who knows where we’ll be in four years when the next election is up.

The UK is stuck with this government for a while.

DavidDeSchmikes

he's going to save Christmas!!!!

These days if you say Merry Christmas, they'll put you in jail

Phil Jones Face

It'll be much ado about nothing.

The Gammon's will continue to froth furiously on twitter, but when it comes to actually exercising their democratic right, they' can't be fecked. See Tommy Robinson's EU campaign where he got a paltry 2% of the vote.

jeff_goldblum

A party who have basically the exact end-goal as this lot do has an 80 seat majority in the Commons. Where do these people get their victim complex?

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Non-entity actor Laurence Fox, who had a brief flirtation with fame earlier this year after spouting lazy right wing views on Question Time, is apparently launching a new political party, provisionally called Reclaim. Its being dubbed the 'UKIP of culture' and will fight for freedom of speech and PC gone mad culture by the sound of it, basically standing up for the oppressed white heterosexual middle class male.
The party claims to be neither right nor left(!) and has raised £1m+ of funding from ex-Tory donors, with the aim of standing multiple candidates in elections.

The political hero the UK deserves, not the one it needs right now...
Just what we need - another bunch of white posh twats telling us how picked upon they are.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
For people who pride themselves on supposedly being no nonsense and anti-coddling, most right wingers aren’t half fecking desperate to be victims.

Hold power in every facet of society... constantly whinging that they’re being criticised. Man the feck up.

Untied

What a coincidence that this, the GB News channel, and the BBC Chairman/Ofcom news have all come out in the last 24 hours or so.
Also that the right will continue to pretend that the BBC has a left-wing bias, meanwhile they are launching a news channel chaired by the BBC's ex head of political programming, fronted by the BBC's most prominent (ex)political presenter/interview. Meanwhile Laurence Fox only came to prominence by expressing racist views on Question Time, after the BBC some how considered him to be a valuable guest?

I mean politically you have to credit the bad-faith victim narrative that the right is pushing, because it's dragging British culture ever further to the right as the centre continues its attempt to placate voices that will never be placated.

Gibb11

Also that the right will continue to pretend that the BBC has a left-wing bias, meanwhile they are launching a news channel chaired by the BBC's ex head of political programming, fronted by the BBC's most prominent (ex)political presenter/interview. Meanwhile Laurence Fox only came to prominence by expressing racist views on Question Time, after the BBC some how considered him to be a valuable guest?

I mean politically you have to credit the bad-faith victim narrative that the right is pushing, because it's dragging British culture ever further to the right as the centre continues its attempt to placate voices that will never be placated.
I think the BBC has a liberal bias so tends to lean slightly to the left these days

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I think the BBC has a liberal bias so tends to lean slightly to the left these days
The entertainment and arts side of it is definitely left wing and that’s really no surprise considering the majority of people involved in the creation and production of this content are traditionally liberal.

The political branch of the BBC is undeniably right wing, as much as a lot of their credible journalists do their best to uphold the impartiality and integrity expectations. You only have to look at the executives who have been installed over the last decade, the editorial decisions and supposed faux pas of various political broadcasts and the consistently right wing production decisions of shows like Newsnight.

Gibb11

The entertainment and arts side of it is definitely left wing and that’s really no surprise considering the majority of people involved in the creation and production of this content are traditionally liberal.

The political branch of the BBC is undeniably right wing, as much as a lot of their credible journalists do their best to uphold the impartiality and integrity expectations. You only have to look at the executives who have been installed over the last decade, the editorial decisions and supposed faux pas of various political broadcasts and the consistently right wing production decisions of shows like Newsnight.
Which is a problem and it shows in the quality of content compared to years gone by.

I do believe the BBC does try to be impartial and have very credible journalists, but certain incidents really do ruin their credibility a great deal and you can just feel it with the public. I think there's been a bias against Jeremy Corbyn for example, and a huge bias against Trump. It's not open bias but it's done maybe unconsciously (giving benefit of doubt) in reporting, story selection and in it's editing for news segments. An example of a credible journalist to me is Andrew Niell, unfortunately he's leaving. An example of a poor one is Emily Maitliss who in a BBC standard context is well pretty open about her more liberal left leaning bias and I think she heads Newsnight. I take your point about the production of that show which is and can be seperate from the presenter and is something il be on the lookout for.