Laurence Fox feat. Elvis

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Frankie Boyle has very leftie views on things, he just doesn't care much about political correctness.
That's what I assumed, but surely that doesn't classify as woke. Though I suppose the new right classifies everyone who doesn't hate all minorities woke.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
That's what I assumed, but surely that doesn't classify as woke. Though I suppose the new right classifies everyone who doesn't hate all minorities woke.
Boyle is what woke actually is : Kind, caring, compassionate and accepting.

His on stage persona is brash and crass, but he’s not got a history of punching down repeatedly at certain demographics. I’m sure there’s a bunch of shit he’s said that’s dated badly, but he’s not absorbed them into his character and doubled down on them.

He’s also a thoroughly gentle human off stage. He was at a pub I was in once, just a regular dude. As I left I said “Love your work Frankie, have a good one”. He just nodded and said ‘Thanks mate’ in the softest voice. The entire industry seems to love him and doesn’t have a bad word to say about him.

Woke is a meaningless term at this point. It’s been co-opted.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Boyle is what woke actually is : Kind, caring, compassionate and accepting.

His on stage persona is brash and crass, but he’s not got a history of punching down repeatedly at certain demographics. I’m sure there’s a bunch of shit he’s said that’s dated badly, but he’s not absorbed them into his character and doubled down on them.

He’s also a thoroughly gentle human off stage. He was at a pub I was in once, just a regular dude. As I left I said “Love your work Frankie, have a good one”. He just nodded and said ‘Thanks mate’ in the softest voice. The entire industry seems to love him and doesn’t have a bad word to say about him.

Woke is a meaningless term at this point. It’s been co-opted.
Yeah, he comes across as a good guy. I also have this feeling about Jimmy Carr (no idea if that's true,and I think he also evaded taxes). Shock people on stage, left wing off stage.

nimic

something nice
Scout
Fox counter-sued, telling the high court that being accused of racism was a “reputation-destroying allegation” and “career-ending”. His claims were dismissed on Monday.

Oh no it ended his very successful career.

Brophs

The One and Only
Now that he’s shed all of the unnecessary time drains in his life (career, normal social relationships and his kids) he’s really coming into his own.