Laurent Blanc touted as interim manager according the the Athletic

Status
Not open for further replies.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
The Sevilla guy is our long term alternative? His big achievement is winning the EL? Holy feck the board still manages to surprise me with their idiocy.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
It's only interim so whatever, but would we be interested if he didn't play for us?

I mean, why is playing for us some sort of pre-requisite!?

Tom Van Persie

No relation
He's currently managing in Qatar but I don't think he's doing too well there. He was out of management for a while and I remember his name coming up as interim manager after we sacked Mourinho. I could've sworn there were reports that he didn't want it on a interim basis though.

Enigma_87

You know who
It's only interim so whatever, but would we be interested if he didn't play for us?

He's a good choice for interim. We have made zero research, that is clear though.

dove

Has a tiny bit of United DNA so definitely should work.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
To the tune of boom by the Vengaboys

BLANC
BLANC
BLANC

I WANT YOU AT MAN YU
LETS FINISH THE SEASON TOGETHER
BUT PLEASE DON'T STAY FOREVER

OverratedOpinion

Makes me wish we had signed Conte for a season towards the end of his career.

Will be Mark Hughes next.

Eddy_JukeZ

Not bad as an interim.

His PSG side did play decent football at the end whenever I watched.

But that was a long while ago.

This board clearly thought Ole would be here another 5 years.

Nero

Why is he a good choice? He's been pissing about in Qatar for the past 12 months with a win percentage in the 30% range.

This was his first managerial job since he left PSG over 5 years ago.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
He looked a decent if rather dull manager a few years ago. Would at least be someone qualified to kick Maguire up the arse. In fact I remember Wes Brown improved massively during Blanc's time with us.

CM

If that's what it takes to tide us over and get a proper manager in, so be it. Talk of the likes of Rodgers and Lopetegui is so uninspiring.

saivet

Lopetegui is a left field choice. From what I gather his reputation took a battering because of the Spain shitshow he was in. Publicly accepted the Real Madrid job near to the Euros and then got sacked by Spain. The pressure was further intensified by the Spain fiasco before he fecked up his start at Madrid and then got sacked there.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
To make it clear Blanc isn't Ole, all the teams he managed improved and were good to watch. And his PSG was the best version under QSI.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
The Sevilla guy is our long term alternative? His big achievement is winning the EL? Holy feck the board still manages to surprise me with their idiocy.
Yet everyone is gagging for Ten Hag - who has won what?

Brophs

The One and Only
Laurent Blanc wouldn’t get a look at this job if he hadn’t been at United all that time ago. Nothing about his managerial record screams a manager trending in the right direction.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Who would you want or who is available that has won any better? Zidane, and then who? Ten haag is flavour of the month, what’s he won?

Idxomer

Why is he a good choice? He's been pissing about in Qatar for the past 12 months with a win percentage in the 30% range.

This was his first managerial job since he left PSG over 5 years ago.
He was effectively retired, no point in getting someone who took the decision to be out of football for over 4 years.

giggs-beckham

Clueless
This'll be ole 2.0 utd dna managing in a poor league. And will be given the job long term if he mildly improves on ole.

hungrywing

Well, there's only one solution here then.

One caf team starts photoshopping/deepfaking Ten Hag into a bunch of old matches.

Another starts editing all the wiki entries for said matches.

Glazer spawn 1: Hey, who's this Ten Hag fellow? It says here he played for us.
Glazer spawn 2: Here's him in 1967... Gosh, he hasn't aged a day!

izec

If he goes at the end of the season, all good. I dont think we can get now the man we want. I would rather Blanc interim than Rodgers permanently or Flecther etc

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
I wanted Larry White about six or seven years ago but it looks like the trajectory of his career has been largely negative since then. If its an interim until end of the season then no harm.

I don't know what to make of Lopetegui.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
This'll be ole 2.0 utd dna managing in a poor league. And will be given the job long term if he mildly improves on ole.
I don't think Blanc has the same status as Ole. Ole's a legend while Blanc played a season when he was at the end of his career. I don't think the fans are enamoured with him.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Makes LvG style look

So your choice of manager is Lopetegui?
Yep that’s what I said.

people are using any excuse to shit on anything United at the moment. And that poster moaning we’re linked to a manager who’s only won the EL. As a poster mentioned above about faking Ten Haag into United history, let’s start faking some trophies in his hands from his managerial roles too to please some fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.