Laurent Blanc touted as interim manager according the the Athletic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
I'd rather have Wenger
I secretly wanted Wenger as caretaker after Mourinho.

Now? I dunno. He's not getting younger/less rusty. It's been a long time, relatively speaking, since he last worked as a top level manager.

But in theory - if he still has some fire in his belly, and hasn't gone completely rusty, absolutely. He'd command respect (and would have no difficulty putting potentially disruptive elements in their place), plus I think he'd do a decent job at getting the best out of what's at his disposal.

jamesjimmybyrondean

I've seen a couple of people say he was helped massively by his assistant who he's no longer with. He's club is also 7th on the table currently

Red_toad

Makes me wish we had signed Conte for a season towards the end of his career.

Will be Mark Hughes next.
Wee Gordon Strachan is available I’m sure he’d come out of retirement for a few hundred thousand. I’m sure there are many short term options available, but as our players are a tad precious lord knows how they’ll react to someone coming in short term and expecting them to work their arses off, plus we need the coaching staff completely reworked as they’re pretty well proven to be useless.

Godfather

No thanks. Neither him, Carrick, Fletcher or any other ex player. Not permanent, not interim, not even for one or two games

RUCK4444

Can’t we just throw the cash at Ten Hag ffs. Use the remainder of the season to bed in his style of play and plan the next two windows with his ethos in mind.

Just try to fix the fecking towering inferno of sh*t they have created by making a bold big-boy-pants move to get an up and coming coach, get him now, mis season.

Of the dross that’s available it’s absolutely NOT worth missing out on Ten Hag.

If we go from Ole to Fletcher to Brendan I will be absolutely done, I’ll still love the club but I won’t be able to invest as much emotional attachment to this, it’s so far removed from the club I know and the club I want to see in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.