Lautaro Martínez

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons

Apart from this sick nutmeg he’s earned a reputation as one of South America’s hottest prospects by scoring 10 in 14 in Argentina’s top flight and a hat-trick on his Copa Libatardores debut. Turned 20 in August.

Being linked to all sorts of European club and apparently went as far as passing a medical at Atletico Madrid before his club scuppered the deal and extended his contract with a massive buy-out clause.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Ah o.k. Seems Bayern are in aswell.

Only seen bits and pieces but looks an interesting prospect. Should make the Argentina squad aswell.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
I thought he was officially Atletico, nice to hear another FM legend doesn't bite the dust!

In all seriousness, I hope he gets a good European move. Looks like a good forward, i'd like to have someone like him in the squad to give Lukaku some competition and actually have a striker on the bench for once.

Classical Mechanic

I mean it was quick feet but nothing special, there's a kid who I play 5 a side with and he does that every week.

So Jealous...
You could say that about most skills though. I hae seen nearly all of them done in the school yard and in 5-a-side, some of them by me. I guess it is pulling them off at the higher levels, albeit Foden is at U18 or 23 level there.

Only Ronaldinho that I can remember really pulled off jaw dropping skills in a game at a high level that were also purposeful.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Going to inter. Deal is done, all that's left to decide is whether he goes in june or december

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
I still remember that Ravel Morrison skill in a youth game, blew my mind.

Crimson King

You could say that about most skills though. I hae seen nearly all of them done in the school yard and in 5-a-side, some of them by me. I guess it is pulling them off at the higher levels, albeit Foden is at U18 or 23 level there.

Only Ronaldinho that I can remember really pulled off jaw dropping skills in a game at a high level that were also purposeful.
Yeah that man made the pitch look like a playground, don't get too many that can do that.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Going to inter. Deal is done, all that's left to decide is whether he goes in june or december
I don't think Dortmund's mouth piece would be writing about him if Inter really was a certainty.

Infordin

Supports
Barcelona
Ah o.k. Seems Bayern are in aswell.

Only seen bits and pieces but looks an interesting prospect. Should make the Argentina squad aswell.
He is in direct competition with Aguero, Higuain, Icardi, Messi and Dybala.

bebeanderson

3 things :

1) That nutmeg looked a bit accidental.

2) Why the hell do talented young guys still choose to go to Italy? It's a cemetery for these types of players.

3) He is very Aguero-ish.

Charles Miller

He is in direct competition with Aguero, Higuain, Icardi, Messi and Dybala.
Aguero will be 30 in june. Messi 31 in june. Higuain is 30, Di Maria 30. Argentina should take Lautaro to the world cup to give him experience for 2022.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
3 things :

1) That nutmeg looked a bit accidental.

2) Why the hell do talented young guys still choose to go to Italy? It's a cemetery for these types of players.

3) He is very Aguero-ish.
Dybala and Icardi are doing fine in Italy. And a lot of Argentines can get Italian passports which means they can register as EU players.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Last edited:

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
I don't think Dortmund's mouth piece would be writing about him if Inter really was a certainty.
Racing's president said it's all done. Lautaro's agent said it's all done. They talked about signed agreements...

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Why would you go to Inter? I'd be banging Dortmund's door down if it's true that they want him. Inter just don't bring in the top talents anymore so you have to be sceptical as to how good this guy is if he's going there.
Why not, Coutinho, Kovacic also went to Inter before moving to different clubs. Icardi is also playing for Inter from young age.

I think Argentinian players prefer Serie A than Bundesliga, they usually adapt better and in most cases it's like their second home.

Nedved

Why would you go to Inter? I'd be banging Dortmund's door down if it's true that they want him. Inter just don't bring in the top talents anymore so you have to be sceptical as to how good this guy is if he's going there.
I think Milano and Italy is much more attractive for an Argentine than the very grey city of Dortmund. Both teams are also at a similar level now and 3rd-4th in the leagues.

IFC 1905

P
Lautaro is the biggest promise in Argentina at the moment, he's from our biggest rival Racing Club, but I'm a big fan of him. His ability to attack the ball is what we need, and he's good with both legs. I'm dying to watch him perform for Argentina. He's Nike's best paid outisde of Europe and will join Inter Milan in june.

matador

Lad’s so good, will watch him play next week when Universidad de Chile hosts the Libertadores game against Racing :drool: