Lautaro Martinez

MrSingh2002

Dribbles like Kaka
Shoots like Aguero
Headers like Cavani
Hustles like Rooney

Lautaro Martinez. The striker you didn't know we needed all along.The centre forward we want for the next 10 years.

A fast, two footed finisher who works hard. He's the finishing touch to our attack. He's got good link up play and drops in if needed to get the ball and carry it forward.

He's available now as he has 2 years left on his deal. Would be a shame if Arsenal got him. Shades of us signing Lukaku over Aubameyang.

Rashford Martinez Sancho
Fernandes

That front 4 has everything. Pace, mobility, dribbling, creativity, goals and assists.

Clip for those that aren't already familiar with him.

https://weallfollowunited.com/2021/...artinez-agent-pours-cold-water-on-exit-links/

Inter still owe us £40m for Lukaku. Martinez himself wanted to go Barcelona but I doubt any of the Spanish teams can afford to buy him now.

Last edited:

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Yeah this is getting locked in 3...2...

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
Dribbles like Kaka
Shoots like Aguero
Headers like Cavani
Hustles like Rooney

Lautaro Martinez. The striker you didn't know we needed all along.The centre forward we want for the next 10 years.

A fast, two footed finisher who works hard. He's the finishing touch to our attack. He's got good link up play and drops in if needed to get the ball and carry it forward.

He's available now as he has 2 years left on his deal. Would be a shame if Arsenal got him. Shades of us signing Lukaku over Aubameyang.

Rashford Martinez Sancho
Fernandes

That front 4 has everything. Pace, mobility, dribbling, creativity, goals and assists.

Clip for those that aren't already familiar with him.
He already told yesterday if he want to leave inter it's only for top 3 Spanish teams. Fair enough answer for those wanted him in pl.

MrSingh2002

He probably has the choice of any team that doesn't have Lewandowski or Haaland already.

I know we enquired about him last year but with Inter needing the cash to pay the outstanding money on Lukaku I think its definitely worth trying again.

Since then we've signed Sancho and Varane and our prospects and financial situation are better in the short and medium term than even Barca or Real.

Red_toad

Likes the sun too much to come to England. I think Lukaku will struggle without him if he leaves. Quality quality player, I’m surprised City are in for him. I d certainly welcome him at United, but Martial has his place in the squad and wage bill.

Pavl3n

He's a good player, but a young player not willing to play in England pretty much says it all.
Since Ole's arrival there's been a cultural revival. Getting players who actually want to be here. Best example I can think of is Angel di Maria. Although his first couple of months he seemed happy here, he never wanted to be here and it was only a matter of time until it was clear he was unhappy.
If Lautaro doesn't want to play in England - I doubt he'll be a player we'll pursue, regardless of his quality.

the_cliff

I feel like if we haven't enquired we're going all out for Haaland next season.

Pavl3n

I love the player. I’ve said if we can’t get Haaland he’s who I’d go for. Simply can’t see us doing it though with Martial and Cavani still here, I also reckon we are going to be right there for Haaland next summer
Having a striker on the shopping list, alongside Sancho, CB, back up RB and a midfielder would've been too much even for the best ran club in the world. That's why we were pushing hard to keep Cavani for one more season - so we can have good option up top, while having less 'items' on the shopping list.

But I'm pretty sure we'll go hard for Haaland next summer. Even maybe before that. If we manage to sort out a few outgoings (Pereira, Jones, Dalot) and figure out what's going on with Pogba, I even dare to think that we could get in touch with Haaland's entourage as early as Jan/Feb.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Likes the sun too much to come to England. I think Lukaku will struggle without him if he leaves. Quality quality player, I’m surprised City are in for him. I d certainly welcome him at United, but Martial has his place in the squad and wage bill.
We need to educate him. Sun=skin cancer.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Misses too many chances. Absolutely brilliant hardworking player though. Can run for days.

seegoblu

Swap him for Martial and forgive the rest of the Lukaku payments owed to the club.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
I hate threads like this, because I always get excited that we are actually linked with the player :(

Bole Top

just imagine this:

Lautaro and Sancho in the same team + Martial and Bruno. they will own the ball most of the time.

five a side team:

Lautaro - Martial

Sancho - Bruno

seriously, this guy is the answer. let's bring the art of footbal... into the street. I stand up and clap for this guy already... You are fecking artist.... hat off.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
Links to Arsenal are very wishful thinking and only there because of Bellerin. It would be a peak Arsenal transfer though, blowing 70/80m on a striker with a dysfunctional midfield.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
He is good player but far from "swap Martial" "he has pick of all clubs" player.

I'm not sure about him as lone striker, he was underwhelming when played as lone striker when Icardi was injured/dropped. His performance improved under Conte when he played alongside strike partner.

BrilliantOrange

Supports
Ajax Amsterdam
He is good player but far from "swap Martial" "he has pick of all clubs" player.

I'm not sure about him as lone striker, he was underwhelming when played as lone striker when Icardi was injured/dropped. His performance improved under Conte when he played alongside strike partner.
Wait? You are rating Martial over Lautaro?

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Don't really think he's that great a finisher, missed loads of sitters for Argentina in the copa recently and also seen him miss a fair few for Inter last season.

Still he can drop deep and link with midfield no problem as second striker so very good combination with Lukaku. Really hope Inter don't sell either otherwise Juventus won't even have to work that hard to win Serie A.

dinostar77

He was dead set on joining Barcelona until their financial meltdown. Think he will stay in italy and wait a season or two tl.see if the Spanish clubs cannget back on their feet.

Devil may care

I'm surprised City aren't sniffing around him, he's Pepperoni's type of striker, more about the all round play than being super clinical. No way we'll be looking at him this summer, we're trying to sell our klingons to fund a midfielder and maybe Trippier.

BrilliantOrange

Supports
Ajax Amsterdam
I said he isn't better, or at least better to come up with "swap Martial + throw money".
Hmm I would swap Martial in a heartbeat to be fair.. Not because I think I am 100% sure he will be a generational striker or because I dont rate Martial at all...

But.....

Martial has been with us for years and it looks like we are all still awaiting on him really exploding. He can have a great run for a while and he gets your hopes up and then he falls back again (sometimes due to injuries)... I just dont have the confidence anymore Martial will still explode for us and become the player who really takes our game to a higher level.. Lautaro for me definitely has the change the become that, also because I really feel we need a #9 more than a striker/winger kinda hybrid like Rashford/Greenwood/Martial..

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Barcelona tried to throw another 100m at this one but their card finally declined.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Hmm I would swap Martial in a heartbeat to be fair.. Not because I think I am 100% sure he will be a generational striker or because I dont rate Martial at all...

But.....

Martial has been with us for years and it looks like we are all still awaiting on him really exploding. He can have a great run for a while and he gets your hopes up and then he falls back again (sometimes due to injuries)... I just dont have the confidence anymore Martial will still explode for us and become the player who really takes our game to a higher level.. Lautaro for me definitely has the change the become that, also because I really feel we need a #9 more than a striker/winger kinda hybrid like Rashford/Greenwood/Martial..
Martinez is not pure 9 either. His best performance was when he played alongside striker. When he played as lone striker he wasn't that good.

I don't see what Martinez offers that Martial can't except work rate.

IMO it's not an upgrade, it's a sideways move.

Martial didn't have an elite season but he had 2 very good seasons, 2 good seasons and 2 poor ones. I hope he will be back to his best this season and I believe he will make the step up.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
I'm surprised City aren't sniffing around him, he's Pepperoni's type of striker, more about the all round play than being super clinical. No way we'll be looking at him this summer, we're trying to sell our klingons to fund a midfielder and maybe Trippier.
Yeah City or Chelsea, but I suppose they're both after pure 9's this time around, especially City who have creative outlets in abundance, hence the Kane and Lukaku (& Haaland) links.