League Cup 2019/20 | Semi finals: Man Utd v Man City, Leicester City v Aston Villa

KekiZeki

Need to beat City to win this anyway, be it in the final or semi-final. Good thing is, we know how to beat City.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
I bet you're still on a high from being at that. Quality game.
Misplaced my damn ticket for the second half, hung out with Wilf McGuinness for the half. He showed me around a bit which was pretty cool. We were standing by the radio guys when Giggs put the cross into Rooney. OT felt like it was moving for a few seconds after that. Wilf ended up sitting next to me in business class on the flight home the next morning, he was going to see his son in Philly. That was amazing, listening to six hours of stories from someone of that age of the club.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Great ball in by Grealish, haven't seen that kind of set piece delivery at United in god knows how long

Wayne's World

How is Grealish playing tonight? Not watching it but huge fan of his. Would love it If we took a chance on him

Yagami

Good post resistant
How is Grealish playing tonight? Not watching it but huge fan of his. Would love it If we took a chance on him
I think he's been very good from what I've seen. Before their goal, he initiated counters and held the ball up well, and after they scored he came deep to calm the game down to great effect to see out the half.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
False 9 working o.k for us so far.

Move to 3-5-2 was much needed aswell. They murdered us at VP but at least with this formation we're a little harder for opposition to just play though.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Don't get why Brendan's not playing more of Vardy-Kelechi

Pav1878

Is it me or is Madison overrated? He's a good tidy player, but is he good enough to elevate our midfield or our team to where we need to be? I'm not so sure.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
Is it me or is Madison overrated? He's a good tidy player, but is he good enough to elevate our midfield or our team to where we need to be? I'm not so sure.
I say this to my colleagues who support Leicester but they think he's the real deal.

Guy today described him as the best #10 they've ever had, although he said the next best was Muzzy Izzet...

Sylar

Elevate yes. Where we want it to be (of need it to be) no
But there aren't many players individually who can do that
Even if we get him we still are about five-six players short

We are stuck in a loop it seems but that's for another thread
He would become one of our best set piece takers too (well until he trained with us and then becomes a United player and starts hitting the first man)

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
It’s a hot take but I don’t think he’s all that either.

Sylar

Was a mental mistake taking a short free kick in your own half by villa

youmeletsfly

Don't know why but I like the Mings fella, looks like he is a bit of a leader, always barking instructions around him. I know it might bot be enough to.make him a top player, but I like him.

Utdstar01

Fully expect Villa to get battered again in the 2nd. Whether they can replicate that performance or not is another thing.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Was about to type that was a good point. :lol:

I was expecting 3-1 or 3-0 loss so great we've given ourselves a good chance infront of 40k at VP. We have a pretty good record down the years when the second leg has been at home (bit of a mini Anfield on these occasions) but would still expect Leicester to have a bit too much.

Finn MacCool

Supports
Liverpool
Great result for Villa. 2nd leg with all to play for. Leicester probably still favourites but if Villa can score first again, and with the home fans behind them they could do it.

Ekeke

Very much just you

What else do you want from a CM?

Joint most key passes, joint most dribbles, always successful with his dribble, 2nd most touches on the pitch behind his CB.

What is it he needed to do to "take United to the next level" where that isnt enough? Score a hatrick?

Regardless I dont think hes a realistic signing for us. We'll sign someone worse