• Continue with 3 picks per round

Votes: 12 63.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Can we draft the first 11 the normal way then use the other system for the last 10?
Again too many GOATs will make it through. We'll do 4 rounds of picking and then go back to the normal drafting route, should be the best mix of the 2 without giving you all too much freedom.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Has everyone signed up who wants to? @Chesterlestreet You in?
Yeah, why not - I'll give it a go.

Not clear on the drafting process, though. You pick three keepers in a preferred order? And - what? If you don't land #1, you land #2...etc.

And picks made by multiple managers get blocked?

And then, same for other positions?

How big will the final squads be?

P-Nut

Yeah, why not - I'll give it a go.

Not clear on the drafting process, though. You pick three keepers in a preferred order? And - what? If you don't land #1, you land #2...etc.

And picks made by multiple managers get blocked?

And then, same for other positions?

How big will the final squads be?

May as well do a full rundown on this now to clear it up for others.

First round will be keepers. You'll pick the 3 you want for your squad. Your first pick will take precedence over others. So if you pick Romero as 1st pick and no one else has him as 1st pick you'll get him. If someone else has him as 1st he'll be blocked.

2nd and 3rd picks are of equal standing. If you pick De Gea as 2nd pick and someone else has him as 3rd he'll be blocked. It's designed to limit the amount of GOATs people pick up early.

People will repick until everyone has the same amount of players, by the same method as above.

I'll then run the same for defenders, midfielders and attackers. After which we'll return to normal snake drafting.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
FM was great for the managers but for me running it it took up so much time I was unable to complete the second season (much to @antohan dismay before he could win the CL :lol:)

I think ideally there would be 3-4 people with FM that could run the sim and pass along the save files so its not so much work for one person
I do realise it's an arse. I was surprised you progressed so quickly, would have happily waited for updates, e.g. one week = one in-game month. Probably not feasible with draft junkies, that's why I wanted to run one solo.

Yeah, I guess the "no effort" part would be true only for the managers.

I'm not familiar with the specifics of FM - you can't just start a simulation and let it run? You have to, well, do something frequently in order to run it?
He can let it run but to get the detailed screenshots I think he actually had to "watch" the game. And there's the not insignificant workload of taking screenshots of each game, uploading them, posting them here, commenting on each team and how league is shaping up... And that's before we all start asking why X isn't playing, asking for their stats, etc

P-Nut

1: Indnyc
2: Sjor Bepo
3: 2mufc0
4: Swarm
5: MJJ
6: Michael Elf
7: Jim Beam
8: Harms
9: Skizzo
10: cubemine
11: Isotope
12: Physio
13: Chesterlestreet
14: Stobzilla

This is the latest sign up sheet I've got. I'll fire up a new thread tomorrow and get this started. Just checking it's still correct.

Last edited:

P-Nut

May as well fire this up now seen as though everyone has pretty much confirmed.

We've got 14 participants competing in a league format.

1: Indnyc
2: Sjor Bepo
3: 2mufc0
4: Swarm
5: MJJ
6: Michael Elf
7: Jim Beam
8: Harms
9: Skizzo
10: cubemine
11: Isotope
12: Physio
13: Chesterlestreet
14: Stobzilla

First round of picks will be 3 goalkeepers. Remember your first pick will get precedence.
Deadline of 9pm Tuesday UK time. If all submissions are in earlier I'll speed it up.

Inbox the 3 names to myself, Enigma_87, onenil, GSTQ, green_smiley & ecstatic

Any questions feel free to ask.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Are we doing the star thingy? Or just 3 names?

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
can we be sacked in the middle of the season? Reckon my team will need Big Sam at certain point

Physiocrat

Has No Mates
@P-Nut For the rest of the Pmed picks how hard or soft are you drawing the lines between midfielders and forwards etc? So is a number 10 a midfielder or a forward, secondly is a winger a midfielder or forward?

P-Nut

@P-Nut Btw you can only have 5 people in a PM not 6?
Yeah not a problem, different people have left different people off. I'm doing most of the collating anyways.

@P-Nut For the rest of the Pmed picks how hard or soft are you drawing the lines between midfielders and forwards etc? So is a number 10 a midfielder or a forward, secondly is a winger a midfielder or forward?
Been considering this myself today. Think it'll be done using classic wingers, then all defensive/central/attacking midfielders as midfield.

Strikers and modern wingers / inside forwards in the attackers group

Swarm

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Sent. Why did I have to make a draft that spans a year my first? An inevitable prolonged humiliation :lol:

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
If you check the "allow others to invite" box when starting a conversation, one of the five you've PM'd can add the missing committee member.

Status
Not open for further replies.