Gaming League of Legends

KN5

Any league players on the forum? Would love to meet some more people on the game!

Pimpmofo

We have a guy renting a room from us that is really into League of Legends. He just got back from California on a trip just to see his favorite team play or something. He likes Cloud 9 or something like that, if that even makes any sense

ThehatchetMan

Plz look at Me! Pay attention to Me!
Supports
Crusaders FC
Started playing again after 5 year hiatus. Anyone else play?

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Started playing again after 5 year hiatus. Anyone else play?
yeah I still play it.

With the success of Arcane it’s definitely picked up again. I’d imagine it’s a very different game to when you left it?

ThehatchetMan

Supports
Crusaders FC
yeah I still play it.

With the success of Arcane it’s definitely picked up again. I’d imagine it’s a very different game to when you left it?
Surprisingly not that much different. Very slight map changes, new items and runes, new champions too. But the overall concept is still fairly similar.

I think the last new champion when I played was ecko so defo loads of new champions that I have no idea about but aside from that I feel I’ve picked it up again relatively quickly.

ThehatchetMan

Supports
Crusaders FC
yeah I still play it.

I think you put a message on my profile but it’s since vanished.

My tag is Bianca Butcher if you ever fancy a game. I am very rusty at present though

Bosws87

Used to love it played it for years but its such a toxic game i fell out of love with it and moved on.

Watch it as an esport still, no interest in playing anymore.

My account might be worth a bit i had so many of the original legacy skins including silver Kayle which was super rare

Traub

Just got into that. Still trying to figure out my fav hero and role even. It's the deepest game ever surely.
Very steep learning curve. I usually play safe lane carry, but nothing quite like playing as pudge and getting some blind hooks.

I would recommend playing with a friend, probably as a safe lane support whilst you learning. Also, maybe play turbos.

Bosws87

Leagues a lot more accessible if you haven't played a moba before the skill ceiling is however way lower as mechanics like minion denial don't exist in league.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Very steep learning curve. I usually play safe lane carry, but nothing quite like playing as pudge and getting some blind hooks.

I would recommend playing with a friend, probably as a safe lane support whilst you learning. Also, maybe play turbos.
yeah DOTA is ridiculous hard for a new player. I usually play offlane or mid. Always ban Tinker.

Traub

yeah DOTA is ridiculous hard for a new player. I usually play offlane or mid. Always ban Tinker.
Who your favourite heroes to play with? I've been banning Huskar lately, seems unplayable at times.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Who your favourite heroes to play with? I've been banning Huskar lately, seems unplayable at times.
Don't usually do Safelanes but Drow is amazing in this patch. I've tried Dazzle mid these days and its absolutely ridiculous to play once you get lvl6. I build arcane, hand of midas, guardian, solar crest and witchblade and melt down heroes. Try it.

Adam-Utd

Leagues a lot more accessible if you haven't played a moba before the skill ceiling is however way lower as mechanics like minion denial don't exist in league.
minion denial? as in freezing the wave? that definitely exists if you know what you’re doing

Bosws87

minion denial? as in freezing the wave? that definitely exists if you know what you’re doing
Nah you can kill your own minions on dota its a mechanic stopping the last hit XP/gold

Adam-Utd

Nah you can kill your own minions on dota its a mechanic stopping the last hit XP/gold
Ah ok. That seems quite cheesy! in league you have to allow your opponents minions to kill your own. It's quite a skill to get the right balance, otherwise the wave just crashes into your turret and you lose gold yourself.

JuriM

Been playing since season 1 as we started with my Rs clan mates while most of clan world was in hiatus. Been playing now more again as I had some time during the high of Covid spikes. Also following the MSI, LEC etc as much as I can, atm watching MSI day 1.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
I (Lol player) played Dota once and knew about this mechanic, but didn't know how to execute it. What button do you need to press on the standard keybindings?

Adam-Utd

EG really should have beat g2 in the match before this as well. As it is looks like NA and Oce will be airport gang soon enough.
I thought they'd blown it getting complacent with that baron throw, but the team fight difference showed eventually.

I was definitely nervous for a moment, 3 inhibs down + baron should have been GG.

There is only 3 in their group so 1 of them will make it out anyway.

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
Cool, we have some dota players here. I have been playing for about ten years now, exclusively turbo and custom games for the past six or so. Friends with a few professional players/teams/casters and know some of my best friends through the game. Went to a couple of majors and TI, but I'm sick of the BO and bullshit at these events so haven't been in a few years. Mostly it was just an excuse to drink and feel better about my life.

I (Lol player) played Dota once and knew about this mechanic, but didn't know how to execute it. What button do you need to press on the standard keybindings?
You can only do it when the creep is in their last 10% of their health. I believe its usually bound to A by default, but you can change it in the config. Whatever your attack move is bound to. There's also a setting where you can right click to deny in settings.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
I haven't followed the pro scene closely in a while, but it seems pro play has stagnated.
A lot of really strong champions still are not getting picked because of their high skill ceiling.
Rengar for example hasn't been picked once at MSI according to gol.gg (either as a top laner or jungle in combination with lane Ivern)
A lot of really crappy champions keep getting picked because of comfort. Lee Sin after the millionth nerf. Right now I'm watching a Mordekaiser top, quite easily the worst champion in the game.

@Reapersoul20 thanks, I'll keep it in mind the next time I'm bullied into playing it.

Adam-Utd

I haven't followed the pro scene closely in a while, but it seems pro play has stagnated.
A lot of really strong champions still are not getting picked because of their high skill ceiling.
Rengar for example hasn't been picked once at MSI according to gol.gg (either as a top laner or jungle in combination with lane Ivern)
A lot of really crappy champions keep getting picked because of comfort. Lee Sin after the millionth nerf. Right now I'm watching a Mordekaiser top, quite easily the worst champion in the game.

@Reapersoul20 thanks, I'll keep it in mind the next time I'm bullied into playing it.
Why do you think Morde is bad? he is pretty strong these days - especially in a team fight Meta where you can isolate anybody with your ult and give your team the advantage.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Absolutely love league of legends. If anybody is interesting in getting a team together let me know (though bare in mind I suck)

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Why do you think Morde is bad? he is pretty strong these days - especially in a team fight Meta where you can isolate anybody with your ult and give your team the advantage.
Morde was a somewhat acceptable pick in that G2 vs EG game because the enemy comp was one that runs into you (Ornn, Wukong, LB, Kaisa, Naut)

He has a lot of losing matchups. He doesn't beat any of the meta blind picks and he's easily counter picked. It's a free lane for Camille for example. She outscales and if she ults your isolated Q (inside of death realm), which any professional player should be able to pull off 100% of the time Morde can never kill her. Then there's GP which is god tier if you have hands and he absolutely shit stomps Morde. Morde doesn't even beat Ornn in lane, if the Ornn is skilled (and he outscales by giving his team 5k extra gold and having an engage button, unlike Morde) and this has been demonstrated plenty in LCK since Morde's rework back when both were meta (season 8/9?)

His abilities are way too telegraphed, so they're easily dodged. There is too much counter play inside of the game to fulfil his fantasy of ulting you and hitting his isolated Q. To name a few things:
  1. Built in stasis and dodge abilities: There's absolutely nothing a Morde can do to Wukong cloning out of your isolated Q, or Camille/Fizz using their invulnerability frames. GP and Rengar can literally cleanse your ult with a basic ability.
  2. For champs that don't have either. They can build zhonya's which is a ridiculously broken item regardless of there being a Morde in the game or not. Never mind you can get the stopwatch for only 650 gold and then instantly have it's cooldown refreshed on upgrading it to Zhonya.
    Then there's QSS and big hypercarry's like Jinx and Aphelios demolish Mordekaiser who becomes a walking pinata when ADCs build this item.
  3. A lot of champs can outduel Morde. Bruisers with a wits end or BORK for example. Sett would often do this back when these champs were meta. If the morde falls behind it isn't even needed. A champ like Jax smashes him in lane, beats him at all stages of the game (even if he's even, which he should never be) without having to itemize specifically against him.
  4. Tanks can tank through his ult unless they're too far behind and this was demonstrated by BrokenBlade in the G2 vs EG game, where he survived and just walked back to his turret.
  5. Walls. It's nearly impossible for the Morde to get a ult off in an area without walls to dash over. There's too many dashes (and walls on the map) in the game. They can also flash, which means you're screwed as Morde if you don't have your flash, and even if you do, you still have to somewhat guess where they went.
Even pro's, who typically love playing these simple stat check champions seem to agree with me. He's only been picked twice at MSI by 2 shit teams from shit regions.

When counter play such as this exist, Morde's play pattern becomes:
  • Ult the jungler so he can't smite
Or:
  • Ult a strong champion and use zhonya's to take them out the fight. This is quite low value from a utility standpoint compared to an Orrn granting his team 5k gold and an engage button.
For Morde to be a viable champion he needs to have bigger numbers on all his abilities and be able to stat check everyone out of lane, the point where he's becomes pick/ban, which Riot will never allow on an older champion that is so easy to play.

He's really good in casual levels of play because people don't know the counter play and panic when they get ulted. Most of the enemy team will need to know the counter play to make him useless. If they don't, the Mordekaiser can keep ulting the enemy player who doesn't.

He seems stronger than he is because he's also easier to play than the enemy champs (who as a result will feed you).
The Camille requires way more skill and knowledge to stay even (and as a result outscale) than the Mordekaiser in that match up. Even in plat+ on the stats sites I see a 52,50% winrate for the Mordekaiser in this matchup. Any pro player could tell you this matchup isn't Morde favoured. Here's Drututt (best Camille EUW) explaining how easy the matchup is. Different patch, but the trade patterns and principles still apply: Drututt matchup guide

Adam-Utd

Morde was a somewhat acceptable pick in that G2 vs EG game because the enemy comp was one that runs into you (Ornn, Wukong, LB, Kaisa, Naut)

He has a lot of losing matchups. He doesn't beat any of the meta blind picks and he's easily counter picked. It's a free lane for Camille for example. She outscales and if she ults your isolated Q (inside of death realm), which any professional player should be able to pull off 100% of the time Morde can never kill her. Then there's GP which is god tier if you have hands and he absolutely shit stomps Morde. Morde doesn't even beat Ornn in lane, if the Ornn is skilled (and he outscales by giving his team 5k extra gold and having an engage button, unlike Morde) and this has been demonstrated plenty in LCK since Morde's rework back when both were meta (season 8/9?)

His abilities are way too telegraphed, so they're easily dodged. There is too much counter play inside of the game to fulfil his fantasy of ulting you and hitting his isolated Q. To name a few things:
  1. Built in stasis and dodge abilities: There's absolutely nothing a Morde can do to Wukong cloning out of your isolated Q, or Camille/Fizz using their invulnerability frames. GP and Rengar can literally cleanse your ult with a basic ability.
  2. For champs that don't have either. They can build zhonya's which is a ridiculously broken item regardless of there being a Morde in the game or not. Never mind you can get the stopwatch for only 650 gold and then instantly have it's cooldown refreshed on upgrading it to Zhonya.
    Then there's QSS and big hypercarry's like Jinx and Aphelios demolish Mordekaiser who becomes a walking pinata when ADCs build this item.
  3. A lot of champs can outduel Morde. Bruisers with a wits end or BORK for example. Sett would often do this back when these champs were meta. If the morde falls behind it isn't even needed. A champ like Jax smashes him in lane, beats him at all stages of the game (even if he's even, which he should never be) without having to itemize specifically against him.
  4. Tanks can tank through his ult unless they're too far behind and this was demonstrated by BrokenBlade in the G2 vs EG game, where he survived and just walked back to his turret.
  5. Walls. It's nearly impossible for the Morde to get a ult off in an area without walls to dash over. There's too many dashes (and walls on the map) in the game. They can also flash, which means you're screwed as Morde if you don't have your flash, and even if you do, you still have to somewhat guess where they went.
Even pro's, who typically love playing these simple stat check champions seem to agree with me. He's only been picked twice at MSI by 2 shit teams from shit regions.

When counter play such as this exist, Morde's play pattern becomes:
  • Ult the jungler so he can't smite
Or:
  • Ult a strong champion and use zhonya's to take them out the fight. This is quite low value from a utility standpoint compared to an Orrn granting his team 5k gold and an engage button.
For Morde to be a viable champion he needs to have bigger numbers on all his abilities and be able to stat check everyone out of lane, the point where he's becomes pick/ban, which Riot will never allow on an older champion that is so easy to play.

He's really good in casual levels of play because people don't know the counter play and panic when they get ulted. Most of the enemy team will need to know the counter play to make him useless. If they don't, the Mordekaiser can keep ulting the enemy player who doesn't.

He seems stronger than he is because he's also easier to play than the enemy champs (who as a result will feed you).
The Camille requires way more skill and knowledge to stay even (and as a result outscale) than the Mordekaiser in that match up. Even in plat+ on the stats sites I see a 52,50% winrate for the Mordekaiser in this matchup. Any pro player could tell you this matchup isn't Morde favoured. Here's Drututt (best Camille EUW) explaining how easy the matchup is. Different patch, but the trade patterns and principles still apply: Drututt matchup guide
good post, I don’t play top lane so your knowledge is clearly better than mine on this.

I do agree that there are better picks at present, you can’t go wrong with GP/Ornn right now that’s for sure.