League One 2019/20 thread - sponsored by Fridge Chutney

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Had to dig back to find this thread!

But amazingly, 11 games in my Wycombe boys are firmly 2nd in the league! Amazing work from Ainsworth.

Massive issue is that Sunderland and Reading have sacked their managers, and the former at least are supposed to have been granted permission to speak to him.

Apparently on a 5 man shortlist, but he's the one the press are making favourite.

Worrying scenes, and appalling timing, as we have a critical vote on whether to give our backers ownership next week.
Bearing in mind they've already plugged our money deficit, and we've brought in a whole stack of players, them not getting the deal could see a very quick plummet down the league

Fridge chutney

Well done Wycombe. Seems the many signings are paying off.

I remember that a few days after we failed to beat Rochdale at Old Trafford, Wycombe beat them handily away 3-0.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
Big game for Wimbledon today against a Bolton who are hit and miss, having lost their last game 7-1. I'm in a pub next to the ground watching the Chelsea game and will be sampling a pie at the Uni of Bolton Stadium later on. C'mon you Dons!

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
My boys Wycombe are on a weird 2.5 week gap due to no fa cup and no bury fixture.

Hope to see the gang below us slip up today to keep our cushion.

We have an insane run from mid dec to mid jan. About 5 top teams back to back.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
20-year old Finn Marcus Forss, on loan from Brentford, has scored 9 goals in 12 matches for Wimbledon. Hasn't been capped by Finland yet, but I can't see us ignoring him for the Euro 2020 squad as Pukki is more or less our only real goal threat that can stay healthy.

Forss' second goal

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
20-year old Finn Marcus Forss, on loan from Brentford, has scored 9 goals in 12 matches for Wimbledon. Hasn't been capped by Finland yet, but I can't see us ignoring him for the Euro 2020 squad as Pukki is more or less our only real goal threat that can stay healthy.

Forss' second goal

He's our best player. The first goal he scored was great too. Shame we conceded in the 5th added minute of stoppage time despite 4 being added on......

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
He's our best player. The first goal he scored was great too. Shame we conceded in the 5th added minute of stoppage time despite 4 being added on......
A goal and an assist today :drool:

Will be interesting to see whether he gets a proper chance at Brentford next season.

el diablorojo

Supports
Brentford
A goal and an assist today :drool:

Will be interesting to see whether he gets a proper chance at Brentford next season.
He is very highly rated at the club and has been called the best natural finisher at the club - looking likely he'll remain at Wimbledon for the rest of the season but not 100% guaranteed. Next season I think it will hinge on which league we end up in as to whether he stays or has another loan.