July 13
7.30 pm: Final

Last edited:

Rolandofgilead

Trigger Happy Priest Killer
Scout
Supports
Weymouth
All of a sudden I feel my interest in this has increased again. It’s probably because the National leagues resolution was voted through today meaning Weymouth will get to play in the National league south playoffs (government approval and costs pending) and couldn’t potentially be that one step closer to the football league.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Wycombe in the Championship would be unreal.

Hound Dog

Supports
Whoever I bet on
Wycombe in the Championship would be unreal.
Not a chance IMO. They remained inside the top six thanks to points accumulated earlier in the campaign. They have since been found out and almost certainly would not have made the play-offs had the season been completed in a normal manner.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
What has happened?
Was a red card for Exeter for a terrible tackle, but just before that there was a sneaky elbow at an Exeter player which nothing happened about.

Even after the red, the Northampton player was pushing and shoving and no punishment. Referee just didn't have a clue where he was or what he was doing imo.

Northampton players are quite thuggish, got a right couple cnuts in their ranks it seems, screaming at players on the floor, pushing and shoving.

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
Was a red card for Exeter for a terrible tackle, but just before that there was a sneaky elbow at an Exeter player which nothing happened about.

Even after the red, the Northampton player was pushing and shoving and no punishment. Referee just didn't have a clue where he was or what he was doing imo.

Northampton players are quite thuggish, got a right couple cnuts in their ranks it seems, screaming at players on the floor, pushing and shoving.
Thanks

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town

Definitely a red, very poor tackle, but yes McCormack had a little dig at the Exeter player, probably deserved a yellow, McCormack is a cracking player, but does get involved a bit. Turnbull was having a go at the Exeter player on the ground for trying to win a penalty when the Northampton player had got the ball first. To be fair, a couple of Exeter's players were no angels, Martin's tackle on Morton was not good, bit nearer the goal it could have been red. Northampton are what they are, very physical, play the ball in the air a lot. Most Northampton fans hope that this is just the plan that Keith Curle has to get out of Division 2, and now in Division I we should see better football, with the ball more on the floor. Northampton have some very good youngsters coming through at the club, Scott Pollack, Shaun McWilliams, Camron McWilliams, Jay Williams and Morgan Roberts. Think they all stand a good chance of making it professionally.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Definitely a red, very poor tackle, but yes McCormack had a little dig at the Exeter player, probably deserved a yellow, McCormack is a cracking player, but does get involved a bit. Turnbull was having a go at the Exeter player on the ground for trying to win a penalty when the Northampton player had got the ball first. To be fair, a couple of Exeter's players were no angels, Martin's tackle on Morton was not good, bit nearer the goal it could have been red. Northampton are what they are, very physical, play the ball in the air a lot. Most Northampton fans hope that this is just the plan that Keith Curle has to get out of Division 2, and now in Division I we should see better football, with the ball more on the floor. Northampton have some very good youngsters coming through at the club, Scott Pollack, Shaun McWilliams, Camron McWilliams, Jay Williams and Morgan Roberts. Think they all stand a good chance of making it professionally.
How good is that Pollock lad?

I watch YouTube more than I do tv so he’s always mentioned by people in that circle because of his connection to Hashtag United and the praise his way gets a bit cringe at times.

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
How good is that Pollock lad?

I watch YouTube more than I do tv so he’s always mentioned by people in that circle because of his connection to Hashtag United and the praise his way gets a bit cringe at times.
He's pretty good on the ball, but to be fair Division 2 football, especially the way Northampton play, probably doesn't suit his game, hopefully he will make strides in Division I next season. He just turned 19, and still learning the professional game, but I think he could get to a decent professional standard. Shaun McWilliams is a good player, a Nicky Butt type of player, all action and quite skilful, had a couple of bad injuries in the last two years, but I have high hopes for him.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
Great game so far. Lovely goal from Wycombe @Sandikan but Fleetwood win a soft pen and Chef Evans equalises.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
What the fecking hell was that

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
2-1 to Wycombe direct from a corner.

fps

Akinfenwa on my TV as I live and breathe.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I don't think any of us Wycombe boys could have written a better script than that!

4-1 away, two of their players sent off, including their top goal scorer.

If the away goal rule still stood, Fleetwood will be utterly screwed, rather than just about clinging onto needing a hell of a display.

They say Wycombe are dirty and into gamesmanship etc, but who do neutrals think were the dirtbags in that game? Horrific challenge for the pen, and a few other cynical ones from Fleetwood, plus that dive and stop from Madden!

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
I don't think any of us Wycombe boys could have written a better script than that!

If the away goal rule still stood, Fleetwood will be utterly screwed, rather than just about clinging onto needing a hell of a display.

They say Wycombe are dirty and into gamesmanship etc, but who do neutrals think were the dirtbags in that game? Horrific challenge for the pen, and a few other cynical ones from Fleetwood, plus that dive and stop from Madden!
No away-goal-rule in the play-offs.

Baneofthegame

Pompey with the usual draw at home in the playoffs that has become a reoccurrence for them in the playoffs.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa

Happy Football is back yet? ;)

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Happy Football is back yet? ;)
The last month of furlough has definitely been better than the first two months!

Enjoying "proper" BT sports and Sky too, subscriptions for the first time ever.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
My Wycombe boys doing their best to let Fleetwood back into this.
4-2 aggregate at half time..

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Tie over now, surely?
Whoops, I was too busy whooping it up. Average performance from us, Fleetwood could have had a pen which would have really added the pressure.

But a dreadful mistake from their goon centre back, and a last min goal saw us 2-2 on the night, so a comfortable 6-3 on aggregate. But not so comfortable on the night!

drdoityourself

Wycombe or Oxford will be in the Championship next season. Impressive for either side, leaving behind bigger clubs like Portsmouth, Ipswich and Sunderland.
Gareth Ainsworth has done a remarkable job at Wycombe, would be interesting to see him in the Championship.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Whoops, I was too busy whooping it up. Average performance from us, Fleetwood could have had a pen which would have really added the pressure.

But a dreadful mistake from their goon centre back, and a last min goal saw us 2-2 on the night, so a comfortable 6-3 on aggregate. But not so comfortable on the night!
Have you signed Onyedinma full time now? Can remember him being on loan a few times before for you and surprised he didn't get more of a chance at Millwall. Still only 23 and thought he took the 2nd really well. Talented player.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Have you signed Onyedinma full time now? Can remember him being on loan a few times before for you and surprised he didn't get more of a chance at Millwall. Still only 23 and thought he took the 2nd really well. Talented player.
Yep 3 year deal and he'll be top earner I'm sure.
Missed months injured though but maybe he can be the match winner in the final too

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
God I hate Oxford, one of my first Wycombe games was against them. They were racist twats towards me. I also work with an arrogant fecker who is an Oxford (and spurs) fan. Losing to them would be horrific