Leah Galton

RedPamie

Leah Galton

Position: Winger

It's a surprise signing according for some journalists. My 'research' shows that she was rated a great prospect from NWSL before injury. Her previous clubs are Leeds United, Hofstra Pride, Sky Blue FC then Bayern. After that she took a break from football for a while and now a United player.

She had been training regularly since before United signed her

Some of her videos from her time playing in NWSL:

Safe to say she has a nice left foot.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
She's very much one of the unknowns. She went to university in the US, taking advantage of the chance to play college football there, then stayed on to play for Sky Blue fc. Her Bayern career seemed to end before it really got going. It sounds like injuries really hurt her progress.

Hopefully she's going to have more luck with us. I wouldn't be surprised if the fact she's almost a local (Harrogate) has helped her decision as well. But like I say, she's one of the great unknowns - she could become really important for us if things work out.

Grande

She's very much one of the unknowns. She went to university in the US, taking advantage of the chance to play college football there, then stayed on to play for Sky Blue fc. Her Bayern career seemed to end before it really got going. It sounds like injuries really hurt her progress.

Hopefully she's going to have more luck with us. I wouldn't be surprised if the fact she's almost a local (Harrogate) has helped her decision as well. But like I say, she's one of the great unknowns - she could become really important for us if things work out.
What are the rumours about her taking a break from football just a few months after going to Bayern? She seemed tipped to do well there, and then suddenly no football.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Dosn’t look like she needs a break on that picture anyway.
It's difficult to guess, but she does have family in west Yorkshire. If part of it was about her family and off-field things then Manchester might feel a lot easier. If it's been about injuries then having family close by to commiserate and encourage can help. At any rate, it looks like she thinks she's in the right place.

Grande

It's difficult to guess, but she does have family in west Yorkshire. If part of it was about her family and off-field things then Manchester might feel a lot easier. If it's been about injuries then having family close by to commiserate and encourage can help. At any rate, it looks like she thinks she's in the right place.
Yes, I hope it’s one of those, from the footage and comments I’ve seen, she’s a real good prospect as a leftsided attacker!

RedPamie

She's been immense during title run in, esp vs Spurs. Congrats Leah!

Andersons Dietician

She's been immense during title run in, esp vs Spurs. Congrats Leah!
Yeah she has, like many I guess didn’t know much about her, had read she was at Bayern, injuries was playing out in America and so on and I kind of expected a lot from her but early season she didn’t seem to play that much and when she did she wasn’t as good for me as say Arnot or Hanson but the back end of the season she was really good.
Deceptively quite quick and powerful also.

Casey | she's happy and she's the best left winger

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Leah has started this season the way she ended last one - looking great.

According to Casey Stoney, she's the best left winger in England
https://www.goal.com/en/news/shes-t...w-casey-stoney-and/1e61r51qb1xqx1ts8jna3c048x

And that Leah has fallen in love with the game again:
“When we [signed] her she was out of the game and wasn’t interested in the game.

“For us to get her playing, get her smiling, get her enjoying the game that she loves was the most important thing, and now she’s flying.”

And Leah says:

Grande

Answers a few of those things we wondered when she came after mysteriously breaking of her Bayern spell. Looks like Casey has done a Fergie job on her, as she has been very good the last couple of games!

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Casey Stoney has put out a statement reacting to press gossip about Leah rejecting a place in England's squad for next week's friendlies. She confirmed that Neville had been touch, but says that Leah wasn't rejecting England (or Neville) just the timing.

------------

“Most people are aware that Leah took a break from football in early 2018 before she joined Manchester United and had fallen out of love with football," Stoney said.

"Since joining the club we have been working collaboratively with her to create an environment where she can be happy and enjoy her football again and as I’ve said previously I believe she is one of the best wingers in the country.

"Playing for your national team is something that Leah and other players dream of, however I am strong on a player’s needs coming first and seeing them as human beings. Leah is just starting to fall back in love with the game again and I fully support her in not being ready for that next step yet.”

https://www.goal.com/en/news/man-ut...n-rejected-england/1htwobfq1kr7715u332912m6nc

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Leah Galton is another one of Casey’s Angels. It seems she more or less saved her carreer, and now she has gone all the way from second division to top fight with United. Golden story.
Yeap. Toone and Russo often get all the attention, but Galton to me is the most consistent one out of all the forwards. Love how relentless she is, must be a nightmare to defend against.

top1whoisman

Scout
Finding her best form when it really matters. Brilliant player.

top1whoisman

Scout
“I think that’s one of the main things for me, is this is my family,” Leah Galton said, marking the five-year anniversary of United Women since we re-launched in 2018.

“It’s so nice to come to work every day and get on with everybody and have that connection.

“I’ve never felt this kind of way and for me, that’s just a massive perk of being on this team. I love every single person so if we can keep the team together that’d be great!”

Demon Barber

She has been a standout player this season - consistently effective. It's a shame we will not see her at the World Cup, but fair play to her for prioritising her own well-being.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Good news but have to say it's been a disappointing season for her so far compared to last year

Not always her fault though, Skinner playing her at full back in the derby is one of most bizarre tactical decisions I've seen

Demon Barber

Excellent news. I agree with Rood that she has not performed as well this season though. I think that may have something to do with Russo's departure - the triangles with Russo and Toone created many of our chances/goals last year.