Leandro Trossard | signs for Arsenal

Status
Not open for further replies.

OleGunnar20

Always looks a good player, but at 28 I don't really see the point. We've a handful of youngsters who could reach his level who could use that playing time, as he'd surely be a squad player, in with the rotation.

Not for me, but always like seeing him play. Good tenacity.

Abraxas

Why would Brighton sell for 15 million? I don't know what his contract status is but even with 1 year that makes no sense. I think they'd want double that.

Impressive whenever I've watched Brighton but I don't think there's necessarily anything there for us. Squad filler at 28 years old.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Bargain, the sort of signing we should be all over. Much rather 6 of these than De Jong, Nunez and done.

Dan600

Brighton paid £14M+bonuses etc for him when they signed him, given he now has several years premier league experience and is pretty much a starter for Belgium, I doubt they would be asking £15M for him, likely double that, at least. That said he's extremely versatile judging by his time at Brighton, and recently seems to be hitting the back of the net a lot more, especially for Belgium at least. But they will be asking for £30M at least, probably more likely somehwere between £40-50M I would have thought.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Him and Eriksen could become much better depth than what we currently have.

Looking forward to these type of links.

izec

Brighton paid £14M+bonuses etc for him when they signed him, given he now has several years premier league experience and is pretty much a starter for Belgium, I doubt they would be asking £15M for him, likely double that, at least. That said he's extremely versatile judging by his time at Brighton, and recently seems to be hitting the back of the net a lot more, especially for Belgium at least. But they will be asking for £30M at least, probably more likely somehwere between £40-50M I would have thought.
His contract is up next summer. He is not going for more than 30m.

izec

He is 27, not sure why everyone says he is 28. For 20m, a no brainer. Versatile and good squad player.

Tavern in the town

He’s 27 years old, averages a goal every 5 games and an assist every 10 games. I’m not sure why people are even entertaining this.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
In fairness he's destroyed us on more than one occasion.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
When you consider how technically lacking our squad is I'm all for relatively cheap signings like Trossard and Eriksen.

Nickosaur

Fair to say Trossard can be quite inconsistent. I've found him very frustrating at times for Brighton over the last few seasons as he has been just as guilty as the likes of Maupay and Welbeck in terms of missing sitters. But as Brighton have got better, Trossard has become more consistent. His overall style is very tidy, good technique, dribbiling, off the ball movement and eye for a pass. Not sure he's United quality but I really like him as a player.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
Interesting link. He always seems to be the one who comes off the bench to raise Brighton’s game against us, so for that reason alone he might be worth a punt.
Surely for £15m we could pull a Dan James and move him on for profit if he doesn’t work out.

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
I'm listening to no one but @The Boy about him, what say you?
Technically he is excellent and has great close control and a good understanding of space and the game around him, he has been frustrating in the past showing real skill followed up by silly misses and bad passes. But last season he really seemed to grow both for us and for Belgium. He can play out on the wing or as a second striker and is a good mix of strength and speed.

He would cost more than 15M and to be fair is worth a lot more even in the last year of his contract. Is he United first team material? He certainly has the potential if he picks up next season where he left off in this one, if he were to leave I would have thought a Spurs or Inter would be a more realistic target for him.

I would be gutted to lose him and would be surprised as well as he seems very happy with us at the moment.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Technically he is excellent and has great close control and a good understanding of space and the game around him, he has been frustrating in the past showing real skill followed up by silly misses and bad passes. But last season he really seemed to grow both for us and for Belgium. He can play out on the wing or as a second striker and is a good mix of strength and speed.

He would cost more than 15M and to be fair is worth a lot more even in the last year of his contract. Is he United first team material? He certainly has the potential if he picks up next season where he left off in this one, if he were to leave I would have thought a Spurs or Inter would be a more realistic target for him.

I would be gutted to lose him and would be surprised as well as he seems very happy with us at the moment.
Thanks, he definitely looked more consistent last season than I'd ever seen him before. Did he predominantly play on the left or right? or was it a pretty even split?

Interesting that he's in the last year of his contract though, fits our potential MO if we're splashing the cash on someone like De Jong.

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
Thanks, he definitely looked more consistent last season than I'd ever seen him before. Did he predominantly play on the left or right? or was it a pretty even split?

Interesting that he's in the last year of his contract though, fits our potential MO if we're splashing the cash on someone like De Jong.
He plays mainly on the left, but Potter has played him as an attacking central midfielder and as a second striker as well.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Bargain, the sort of signing we should be all over. Much rather 6 of these than De Jong, Nunez and done.
I would like smart signings too. But we do need genuine quality as well. A squad full of goodish players won't win us trophies.

Jibbs

Has all the attributes of becoming a box to box midfielder. We would be next KdB at United.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Awesome player. Press resistant, can beat his man, is a decent goal threat. I'm all for this one.

I'm glad Erik ten Hag has identified our lack of press resistant players with the links to him, Timber, de Jong, etc. The more players we have who are press resistant, the better.

Ted Lasso

Would be the kind of shrewd business within the Premier League that United has been missing for a decade.

We're not a Disneyland of football. That means players most of us don't fancy but proper scouts do for adding value to the squad are a good sign of leaving the Woodward years behind.

SAFMUTD

I would be highly dissapointed if he's one of the players we buy this summer. He's not top quality nor I think he can improve to that level at this point. I would rather give that minutes to a youngster, no need to sign more average players really.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
He plays at LW mostly. But, I'm thinking we'll play a 3-4-3 this year, with Timber on a back 3, and Trossard can play each side of the wing backs.
I don't think we'll sign Timber this season anyway, but if you're predicting a back 3, you can be dead certain we'll sign a left footed CB.

Maguire on the left of a back 3 won't cut the mustard for ETH, irrespective of Southgate's nonsense.

Tarrou

why is everyone saying he's a bargain?

no PL player is gonna be quoted at £15m if United come calling

Ted Lasso

Which is only 5 years away from 35 ffs. Why are we interested in a player who's only 3 years away from 30, which is only 5 years away from 35?! Someone find out when Messi's wife is ovulating and get a pre contract signed with that potential zygote.
Hah glad someone else is thinking sensibly about this.

Status
Not open for further replies.