Lee Dixon

BerryBerryShrew

The weirdest bit was after Cas went down and VAR said no pen. Dixon said something along the lines of "Everyone knows that's not going to be given" and Matterface joked that with the way VAR was, not everyone would have been sure and the Dixon got a bit snarky and said "Just an opinion".

I don't think he likes Matterface and I can't blame him for that. He's usually better when he's paired up with someone else.

Elcabron

Kind of ridiculous that he gave Antony the motm over Casemiro on the basis of that being the best he's seen Antony play. Like... let's be realistic. Casemiro was far and ahead the best player in the game, yet you give Antony a pity motm because he got a decent assist?
That's funny, I watched it on Bein sports and when Anthony was announced the two commentators were like...."err what?" Was surprised myself.

Spaghetti

Mom's
That's funny, I watched it on Bein sports and when Anthony was announced the two commentators were like...."err what?" Was surprised myself.
I watched it on DAZN Spain and they couldn’t believe it either. They had just talked about how Antony had had 8 attempts and 0 on target as well.

Elcabron

I watched it on DAZN Spain and they couldn’t believe it either. They had just talked about how Antony had had 8 attempts and 0 on target as well.
He tried hard in fairness to him but I didn't think he was MoM.

Wish we had DAZN here with all the channels, only shows boxing here I think whereas in Spain it shows the footy.

Acole9

Outstanding
He's a graduate of the Mark Lawrenson school of commentary.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Watching a game on mute is tough, but not as tough as listening to Lee Dixon.

Mute was the only option.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Monotonous. Sarcastic. Shite. Boring. Rubbish. Uninformed. Egregious. What's the opposite of funny? cnut.

He spent about 2 minutes actually attacking Antony, so bad so that the other commentator started standing up for him. And then Dixon carried on again.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
He hates United passionately - I can’t stand the squirrel looking turd

OutOfTowner

JCL Daytripping WUM
I wouldn't mind too much if his tongue exploded and they had to replace him with a chatbot, honest.

GlasgowCeltic

he either clearly doesn’t enjoy football or has convinced himself we all want to hear his Karl Pilkington impression

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
@Rado_N was just telling me about when he played golf with Dixon and that he’s actually a really funny and happy guy.

I think that’s what he was saying anyway it was about golf so I switched off

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
This miserable bastard gets paid, probably handsomely, to go and watch high profile football matches with the world's best players. Gets put in good hotels and has dinners, lunches etc provided on match day (probably) and still sounds like someone pissed in his pint.

Mr. Robot

ITV coverage is dreadful and has been for ages.

Dixon - Dreadful. Apparently he's a big City fan, not Arsenal.

Wright - Nice guy but a clown who doesn't know anything about modern foootball.

Keano - Love him but he's a caricature of himself these days.

Matterface - Tries his best but like a lot of modern commentators, is too full of himself and loves his own voice.

It's a tacky tv station these days. I miss the Champions League nights of the late 90s and early 00s with Tyldesly and Ron Atkinson :drool:

LARulz

He is actually the worst commentator/pundit going

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
@Rado_N was just telling me about when he played golf with Dixon and that he’s actually a really funny and happy guy.

I think that’s what he was saying anyway it was about golf so I switched off
It was actually at a grocery store in Los Angeles. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.
He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?”
I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying.
The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.
When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
It was actually at a grocery store in Los Angeles. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.
He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?”
I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying.
The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.
When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.
This looks like a photoshop

Precaution

Everytime I listen to him it's like I'm hearing Karl Pilkington in a 4th season of an Idiot Abroad where he has to go pick up the mic to commentate on a game but he's already so bored of Ricky Gervais insulting him and the show after the 4th season he's phoning it in, that's Lee Dixon.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
ITV should just pay mccoist a shit ton and get him to to commentate every game.

cyberman

I swore he played for West Ham. I’d have bet money on it but it was Winterburn

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
ITV should just pay mccoist a shit ton and get him to to commentate every game.
McCoist and Pat Nevin doing the commentary, with Sir Alex in the studio alongside someone soaked in gin with a mouth full of cotton wool.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
If you listen carefully, you can hear him snapping an elastic band against his forehead. He absolutely hated that.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Thought he sounded positively uplifted tonight by his usual standards.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
"Bless him, I'll probably see him at the service station." :lol: There was something vaguely Partridge-esque about this that cracked me up.
Yeah that was pure Partridge

Lewnited

He's not exactly my favourite, but he just strikes me as a little bit dull in general. There's a bunch of pundits that I find much more intolerable than him. Nicol, Burley, Souness, Jenas, Merson etc.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
I find Matterface worse, but the pair of them together is just pure grade a gibberish

"They actually went out on penalties last year, to Middlesbrough"
"I'd forgotten about that"
"Yes it was a very memorable game"

So you're not even listening to what each other are saying then?

How did ITV drop Tyldesly and Drury for these two?

The Brown Bull

It's Coming Home.
Beats me why any United fan gives a solitary fcuk what the likes of Dixon says. Seriously. If you watched him when he was playing it was obvious he hated us. FCUK him. I bet it makes his miserable bitter blue day to see there’s a thread devoted to him here.