Lee Dixon

Djemba-Djemba

Beats me why any United fan gives a solitary fcuk what the likes of Dixon says. Seriously. If you watched him when he was playing it was obvious he hated us. FCUK him. I bet it makes his miserable bitter blue day to see there’s a thread devoted to him here.
It's hard to avoid when he's doing the commentary for the match though.

I don't think anyone gives a shit about what he thinks, it's just annoying having to listen to him drone on.

acnumber9

I find Matterface worse, but the pair of them together is just pure grade a gibberish

"They actually went out on penalties last year, to Middlesbrough"
"I'd forgotten about that"
"Yes it was a very memorable game"

So you're not even listening to what each other are saying then?

How did ITV drop Tyldesly and Drury for these two?
Best part of the commentary was when Matterface started going through the referees thought process for giving a free kick for hand ball while watching him place the ball for a drop ball.

Edwards6

So miserable when he's commentating it's like he doesn't even enjoy football

Edwards6

Wish someone would pay his ransom, he's clearly being held hostage and forced to watch football

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Why does this cnut think his commentary gig is the place to rehearse his fecking shit stand-up routine. Christ, I hate him.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Gave the MOTM to the losing side :lol:

Impartial my big fat hairy arse
I mean, who on our team deserved it? Only DDG really... Palhinha was my MOTM too.

Actually wish more pundits would do that - the MOTM doesn't always have to be from the winning team.

RuudTom83

With technology today I wish there were more options to mute one or both commentators.

First commentator should be there for audio descriptions, second to give expert insight.

But what we get is constant fluff/transfer gossip or someone trying to crack a joke and be witty all the time…gets on my nerves!

But maybe I’m just becoming miserable and cynical as I get older.

Fingeredmouse

Gave the MOTM to the losing side :lol:

Impartial my big fat hairy arse
Whilst I agree with the general point about Dixon being a nightmare, I don't have an issue with this. It's entirely feasible a player on the losing side is MOTM and the Palhinha was very good.

cyberman

Whilst I agree with the general point about Dixon being a nightmare, I don't have an issue with this. It's entirely feasible a player on the losing side is MOTM and the Palhinha was very good.
Hard to be man of the match of the losing side when the games over after 70 minutes.
Nobody is that good

Annihilate Now!

Scout
Hard to be man of the match of the losing side when the games over after 70 minutes.
Nobody is that good
How do you work that out? Surely if you're the best player on the pitch for 70 minutes you're in with a good shout? Especially if nobody on the winning team has been any good at all.

Brophs

The One and Only
He seemed to get stuck in a loop of moaning about players committing fouls in benign areas of the pitch last night. The more it happened, the more it seemed to wind him up.

cyberman

How do you work that out? Surely if you're the best player on the pitch for 70 minutes you're in with a good shout? Especially if nobody on the winning team has been any good at all.
It’s almost 25 percent of the game?Its MOTM, it’s not scored like boxing rounds
I’d argue the man who took it around the keeper, left two players on their ass that caused the pen and made the key pass for the second goal had a bigger influence on the game than anyone else?
I’d even argue De Gea was the best player in the pitch before that anyway.

Annihilate Now!

Scout
It’s almost 25 percent of the game?Its MOTM, it’s not scored like boxing rounds
I’d argue the man who took it around the keeper, left two players on their ass that caused the pen and made the key pass for the second goal had a bigger influence on the game than anyone else?
I’d even argue De Gea was the best player in the pitch before that anyway.
But then with that logic, a player who gets subbed off at 70 minutes can't win MOTM?

For me the man of the match should be who has been the best player on the pitch both in terms of overall play and who's effected it in moments. Palhinha was a huge reason why Fulham had been dominating the gamea s they had been for the majority of it. It's a totally reasonable MOTM call...

SuperiorXI

I mean, who on our team deserved it? Only DDG really... Palhinha was my MOTM too.

Actually wish more pundits would do that - the MOTM doesn't always have to be from the winning team.
DDG won us the match, he deserved it over their player IMO. It's sour gapes from Lee Dixon. If it was Arsenal that won 3-1 do you think he'd give it to the opposition? No chance.

Annihilate Now!

Scout
DDG won us the match, he deserved it over their player IMO. It's sour gapes from Lee Dixon. If it was Arsenal that won 3-1 do you think he'd give it to the opposition? No chance.
Or... he just thought he played the best game? It's not like he gave Tim Ream Man of the Match...

Sometimes, things just aren't a conspiracy.

Sylar

TBF, its better than giving Gerrard man of the match because 'hes had a tough week' or 'because welcome back'

Bowlcut11

Lee Dixon sounds bored 90% of any game. Couples his lazy attitude with random mentions of when he used to play full back with practically zero useful analysis. Bizarre that he continues to get commentary gigs.

BazzaBear

Definately Banned
He combines making the game sound as dull as possible with getting half of his pronouncements completely wrong anyway.

A stand out example was Maguire's yellow card yesterday. He spent a couple of minutes regaling us with how clever Mitrovic was, how he made it so that Maguire had no choice but to foul him.

Then he went quiet for 30 seconds, and when he started up again, describing the same incident, he began talking about how there was absolutely no need to foul Mitrovic there, and why did Maguire do that? Only 30 seconds between completely contradictory opinions. I don't reckon the guy knows what's going to come out when he opens his mouth.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Or... he just thought he played the best game? It's not like he gave Tim Ream Man of the Match...

Sometimes, things just aren't a conspiracy.
An opinion that seems harder and harder to get across these days.

The football forums are so mad this season. Either extreme self loathing about how shit we are, or outrage about how absolutely everyone is out to get Manchester United and we’re already the moral champions of the Premier League. No middle ground at all.

cyberman

But then with that logic, a player who gets subbed off at 70 minutes can't win MOTM?

For me the man of the match should be who has been the best player on the pitch both in terms of overall play and who's effected it in moments. Palhinha was a huge reason why Fulham had been dominating the gamea s they had been for the majority of it. It's a totally reasonable MOTM call...
I just think 20 minutes of complete domination kills any idea of a player from the losing side being MOTM. Let’s just say it’s a stretch. There’s a reason why losing players are stupidly rare winners of the award and last night wasn’t such a standout that he warrants a place in that bracket

Mylock

Dixon is so boring, he'd make a sunny day cloudy. So many of these ex-pros that turn to punditry come across as brain dead including ex-united players. I've started to turn off the commentary as it has got so bad.

LARulz

Was going to switch to ITV after hearing Jenas suck off Pep but that may be more preferable than listening to Dixon

BelfastRed2021

Am i missing something there is about 50 different posters on my facebook saying corruption and it should have counted? As for Dixon he said the opposite when Garnacho scored at the emeriates