Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
No offence against the guy but hopefully this thread doesn't make it to page 2.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
No offence against the guy but hopefully this thread doesn't make it to page 2.
Him and Romero will be the tour keepers so I expect us to see plenty of him in pre season

Unam333

Happy for him and for us. Must be fantastic for him to sign for United at this time in his career.
Hopefully he can share some of his experiences with Dave and Romero.

Alfie092

I remember him playing regularly in the 16/17 season for Stoke and thought he was very good, well in the games I remember seeing him play in at least

Apart from the tour games, hard to see him even get any cup game appearances, especially if De Gea and Romero remain fit. Romero will be first choice in the cup games.

Luciano Venturini

He clearly understands the situation he is coming into and in this part of his career it's just a fantastic experience to train with the best goalkeeper in the world and be amongst some top players. As mentioned above he has done well for Stoke in previous seasons so I would have no issues seeing him line up in the unlikely event De Gea and Romero are unavailable.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Great swansong for his career, I imagine just being part of the squad is enough to tell his grandchildren "I played for Utd"

pascell

With Romero missing the WC with a knee injury, you can never be too sure, so Grant might get a cup game or two.

Happy Pereira and Henderson get loans as a result, especially Pereira as he needs regular game time now.

Red4Life_#7

This signing shows how well organised we are under JM and team. Romero might take longer than expected to return to full fitness, plus Joel can be loaned out benefiting him in the long run. We are not taking any chances which shows the mentality of the club under JM.
Grant has a huge stature, but I don't really know much about him, but I trust our improved scouting system and management team.

Seems an odd signing. We have De Gea, Romero, and Pereira already. Either one of them is off, Pereria is going on loan, or Romero's injury is worse than we thought.

Loublaze

ATLien
Weird signing really. Ok Pereira is supposedly going on loan somewhere and Henderson is on loan to Sheffield utd but we still have 22 year old Kieran O'hara who's now actually a senior team member. How important is that 3rd choice position?

ti vu

Weird signing really. Ok Pereira is supposedly going on loan somewhere and Henderson is on loan to Sheffield utd but we still have 22 year old Kieran O'hara who's now actually a senior team member. How important is that 3rd choice position?
O'Hara needs a loan too. It's important that one would be happy with the role of hardly ever play a game, yet need to provide certain of required solidity, which preferably from an experienced GK, from those odd appearance. It's no unusual for highly rate young GKs get loan move instead of staying as 3rd GK.

Loublaze

ATLien
O'Hara needs a loan too. It's important that one would be happy with the role of hardly ever play a game, yet need to provide certain of required solidity, which preferably from an experienced GK, from those odd appearance. It's no unusual for highly rate young GKs get loan move instead of staying as 3rd GK.
Good post. Do you think Pereira has a future here? He's has too much potential to wait as long as Sam Johnstone did IMO.

ti vu

Good post. Do you think Pereira has a future here? He's has too much potential to wait as long as Sam Johnstone did IMO.
I don't tbh. Thing is even if he has no future it's still better for now him to go on loan to fulfil his potential. GK is different from outfield player. It's rare for GK rotation thus harder to earn experience within a same team with a generation great GK as no 1. After his loan then it's time to reassess.

Murray3007

Maybe the injury that kept Romero out the WC is a bit worse then we thought, and might be in to the new season before hes fully fit hence the reason to bring Camp in, not a signing to put anyone up or down, wouldn't imagne will see much action at a push some league cup games.

jmaggio

I’ve noticed , from his Interview on YouTube , that Lee speaks very well and seems like an intelligent guy, and was very humble/ light hearted when talking about his chances of dislodging our no1 or 2 keepers. He’s spoken about working with Joel Perriera and David, I’m certain José has brought him in with a view to him becoming a member of his coaching staff. This suggests to me that Mourinho might be thinking of staying here longer than we expect...

Acole9

Outstanding
Did alright in the half he played, when the season starts proper he'll most likely only get the odd game here and there if he's lucky. I just think he's a useful addition to have about the place.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Someone care to remind me why we bought this guy when we already have 3 available keepers ?

Nickosaur

Someone care to remind me why we bought this guy when we already have 3 available keepers ?
Pereira will be going on loan this season. As will Dean Henderson. Rest of our keepers are too young to be relied upon.

So we would only have Dave and Romero. Grant was free and has experience. Very unlikely he'll get called upon in any important games but it does make sense I think to have another senior keeper around.

edit - also what @Damien said

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Pereira will be going on loan this season. As will Dean Henderson. Rest of our keepers are too young to be relied upon.

So we would only have Dave and Romero. Grant was free and has experience. Very unlikely he'll get called upon in any important games but it does make sense I think to have another senior keeper around.
Yeah makes sense in that case.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff

edit - also what @Damien said
Grant cost £1.5M but it is a drop in the ocean for us.

Acole9

Outstanding
Another decent 45 minutes from him yesterday, very commanding of his area. I've been quite impressed so far.

DannyCAFC

Supports
Charlton Athletic
Not really a signing you a can hate, next to no money and always good to have a strong line of keepers.

Grant was really good for Stoke when Butland was out injured. United fans used to say it with Pereira as #3 who for me, hasn't been particularly convincing in admittedly limited chances, but United probably do have the best 1st, 2nd and 3rd choice keepers in the league. Grant is probably good enough to start for a couple of sides like Fulham and Cardiff at the very least.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
It's like free money for him, for a work of maybe 3 x 90 minutes a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.