Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ballache

Supports
Martial
I’ve followed football since 2010, but his name doesn’t really sound familiar, although thinking about it now it kind rings a bell?
He played a blinder against us for Stoke a couple of years ago.
He was the starting goalkeeper of my all conquering Derby County team on FM 2005 which is by far his biggest achievement.

luke511

He completes our legacy of having the strongest set of goalkeepers of all time, all hail Lee Grant.

Where's Serge anyway? Has he dropped to 3rd in the pecking order, or is he still injured?
It was a pretty serious injury. I think he's still second choice when he returns, we just needed Grant so Pereira could go out on loan.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
It was a pretty serious injury. I think he's still second choice when he returns, we just needed Grant so Pereira could go out on loan.
Didn't realise that. I remember reading before the World Cup he was battling to be fit for it, but that musn't have been true if he's still sidelined.

Bola

I'm sure I read somewhere when he signed, that he would also be developing his coaching skills at the club.

That would be great if true as well as being a great backup, he seems the type of guy who could help the academy players along, while also being a good presence in the dressing room.

Didn't realise that. I remember reading before the World Cup he was battling to be fit for it, but that musn't have been true if he's still sidelined.
He was on the bench for Argentina the other day so it looks like he's close to being back for us. We couldn't have started the season with 2 goalkeepers though.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
He did well in the game. Pens were all absolutely slotted so can’t be too critical. He didn’t look ready for one which is possibly the ref’s fault

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Derby had some nice penalties to be fair, but still, zero mobility. Couldn't catch a cold.

mu4c_20le

I remember he was decent shot stopper, but what the feck was that shite? Started to second guess himself halfway and never bothered extending for a few that he couldve had a chance, probably guessed they were going high again.

Trizy

Made a couple good saves. Was actually unlucky to concede the goal though. Brilliant save and almost a double save.

No one should be critical of the penalties, he got hands to 2-3 of them but they were all perfect quality penalties from derby and United in fact. Until Jones happened.

jymufc20

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Feel sorry for him, got threw in at the deep end and had his head held under the water.

nemanja15

He should do much better on the goal and push the ball wider. A shame because he came on and did well otherwise in pretty rubbish circumstances.

ZlatMan

If DDG was taking part in shootouts, we would have sneaked through. He didn't attempt to save even one.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Made a couple good saves. Was actually unlucky to concede the goal though. Brilliant save and almost a double save.

No one should be critical of the penalties, he got hands to 2-3 of them but they were all perfect quality penalties from derby and United in fact. Until Jones happened.
This. They were all solid penalties. There was only one where Grant did a weird half-dive whilst still standing which was a bit odd. But that said, there was no way he was saving that one anyway, even if he dived properly.

jymufc20

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
If DDG was taking part in shootouts, we would have sneaked through. He didn't attempt to save even one.
Probably wouldn't of went to penalties if he was playing so it's pointless debating it. Plus De Gea isn't the best at saving penalties to be honest.

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
Feck me he's shite at penalties isn't he?

Had a good few saves though, what a weird situation to be in for your debut.
To be fair to him, their penalties were really good.
Well placed and most of them hard aswell. Doubt DDG would have saved them, as @Sean_RedDevil said, he isn't very good on penalties either.

He wouldn't have been sent off for handball outside the box like Romero, though, so doubt there had been a penalty shoot out.

the_irish123

If Mourinho gets sacked for the elimination, give this man a 10 year contract.

Sylar

He didnt commit to the penalties. Think he could have saved one or two (he was diving after the ball was in), but most of Derbys penalties were fantastic anyway. Do think for the 2-1 goal, he should be pushing that away from goal as well.

But yeah, those might be too harsh.

Red00012

Looked like he was an outfield player trying to save a peno. We’d be there all night waiting for him to save one but for jones .

tentan

Poor man's poster.
Thought he was our best player tonight. Which says a lot really.

RedDevil@84

Don't think there was much he could do. Most of them seemed slotted pretty well and anyways I don't think our No 1 is either good at stopping pens

Status
Not open for further replies.