Height: 193cm
Position: Goalkeeper
Foot: Right
Squad Number: #13
Contract until: 30.06.2021
Date of last contract extension: Mar 5, 2020​

Last edited:

Gandalf

If Romero leaves he may see a little more action as it is unlikely either Henderson or DDG will stay to be on the bench, one final loan to a CL club from another league might just be the finish to Dean's education before he is installed as number1. That being said, I would rather Kovar get minutes in cup games than Grant as I think he has real potential and could get the most out of it.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Held the board up for the substitutions such grace.

FujiVice

Quality today I thought. Ole putting a keeper in charge of the board, knowing he's less likely to drop it than Phil Jones was brilliant man management.

Crustanoid

Was part of the coaching team tonight according to the Guardian ? Is that where he is headed ?

Nick7

Was part of the coaching team tonight according to the Guardian ? Is that where he is headed ?
All of our coaches were out with Covid so we needed bodies. Wouldn’t be shocked if he does become a coach though.

Chairman Steve

Is this going to be like Tony Coton where he joined as a player with a view to being a goalkeeping coach maybe?

Speaking of Tony Coton, he’s recently rejoined us as the chief goalie scout. He was our main goalie coach for like a decade before a knee injury stopped him doing coaching.

FujiVice

Speaking of Tony Coton, he’s recently rejoined us as the chief goalie scout. He was our main goalie coach for like a decade before a knee injury stopped him doing coaching.
Popular character at the club old TC. Tim Howard hates him, though.

Acole9

Outstanding
Judging from what I read earlier in the week yes. A new contract is being talked about in a player/coach role. On the teamsheet someone posted earlier he was down as the goalkeeper coach for the match.

Crustanoid

Judging from what I read earlier in the week yes. A new contract is being talked about in a player/coach role. On the teamsheet someone posted earlier he was down as the goalkeeper coach for the match.
Maybe he’s a good influence? I guess we don’t know what happens behind the scenes. Tony Coton, mentioned above, was a success in this regard. Would be a great outcome given we’ve never played him, but he’s been pretty loyal all things considered

Robbie Boy

Maybe he’s a good influence? I guess we don’t know what happens behind the scenes. Tony Coton, mentioned above, was a success in this regard. Would be a great outcome given we’ve never played him, but he’s been pretty loyal all things considered
Played twice for us. Came on once and started agsinst Astana.

Acole9

Outstanding
In interviews I've read I think he finds it tough being third choice and does work hard. Apparently the fittest of all our first team goalkeepers. A player/coach role might be appealing rather than dropping down a couple of leagues to play for another club for a season or two before retiring.

Red Stone

Quality today I thought. Ole putting a keeper in charge of the board, knowing he's less likely to drop it than Phil Jones was brilliant man management.
Mask Man bottom left looks bereft at Grant's board holding performance.

Big loss.

… joking

3rd choice keepers are important however. They allow younger ones to go out on loan - you don’t want promising keeper to be third choice with close to zero chance of playing for the season.

going to be some serious upheaval in the GK dept in the summer. Important to really get the right. Could see Romero, Grant and DDG all go - so important to get some experienced back up.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
We just love fecking goalkeepers around, but to be fair to the club they were caned (rightly) for standing in Romero's way this summer so if a clear-out is deemed to be necessary I suppose it's fine. That said I like the cut of Grant's jib and, though I have no particular evidence to point to for this inkling, I imagine he's good on the training pitch week-to-week and is obviously happy with having almost no chance of first team football.

Status
Not open for further replies.