Lee Mason 2016/17

lsd

The Oracle
@lsd im guessing he means you get those sorts of fouls outside the box but rarely pens when the player actually gets the shot away?
Which kind of makes sense.
Yes finally .. I'm not saying I agree with Mason but it's simple to understand it .. The first thing referees do is think was it a goalscoring opportunity and in this case it obviously wasn't and he made his decision .. I can't remember seeing a penalty given in a similar case so I can understand it .. Not agree but understand.. Anyway it worked out in the end

ManUnitedCanuck

Yes finally .. I'm not saying I agree with Mason but it's simple to understand it .. The first thing referees do is think was it a goalscoring opportunity and in this case it obviously wasn't and he made his decision .. I can't remember seeing a penalty given in a similar case so I can understand it .. Not agree but understand.. Anyway it worked out in the end
I see where you are going with this, but then can you understand if someone gets their leg broken after a goal scoring chance goes begging and there is no call...that could open up a big can of worms of defenders just trying to injure players in these circumstances knowing they have free reign

Sylar

Valdes is the one that fouled Ibra which is what is more infuriating. And he robbed Zlatan from being top scorer for 2016. Bleh.

Lee Mason is basically homer simpson in real life. But then I remember an episode where HOmer was an actual referee and did a good job in the end.

nistleloy

Mason is a complete tool. The FA may relegate him to the Championship for a few weeks after that performance but that would be unkind to the teams in that division.

Baxter

Even BT Sport couldn't bring themselves to defend that Albino Malteser

Sure, there's a moment where Ince imagines up a Boro penalty and Howard Webb pretends to play along for a second despite not having seen it but progress is progress.
The Bailly one haha, everyone apart from Savage in the studio is a fecking loon.

urinates in helmets
Supports
Berwick Rangers
Maybe China will make a bid for him, he's got a Chinese name.

Count Orduck

Sure, there's a moment where Ince imagines up a Boro penalty and Howard Webb pretends to play along for a second despite not having seen it but progress is progress.
Is this BT's version of Jeff and the boyos on Sky Sports? It's awful!

Djemba-Djemba

fecking hell, when Robbie Savage is the voice of reason you're in trouble.

I like Chris Sutton trying to claim the boro penalty appeal being turned down is the defining moment of the game, Savage again is the one speaking sense reminding him of the all the shit decisions that went against us.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!

I like Chris Sutton trying to claim the boro penalty appeal being turned down is the defining moment of the game, Savage again is the one speaking sense reminding him of the all the shit decisions that went against us.
:lol: what a cock

cyberman

Sutton is the biggest troll pundit on tv

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
Ey, what's Bolton got to do with anything? We don't want him!
I Googled him and he is born in Bolton. Not sure if he lives there still.

If he does, go shit in his postbox.

pre Munich Red

Watching highlights of many prem matches and others - officials decisions at crucial times leave a lot to be desired - big problem for the game in U.K.

edcunited1878

"A birthday message for Lee Mason for that absolutely ridiculous decision"

This is a good one from Furious_Fergie on Twitter.

Fener1907

That exchange is just baffling.

Ince: "Defining moment, that could be"
Host: "What, the penalty?"
Moron in the Middle: "The penalty, because United go straight up the other end and score."
Savage: "Well, United could have had a penalty five minutes before it, then."
Moron in the Middle: "Yeah, but they didn't."
Savage: "They didn't get what Middlesbrough didn't get."

What does that even mean? Does Boro being denied a penalty - and one that is anything but the 'stonewaller' Ince claims it to be - warrant more of a reaction than the United one because United happened to score after Boro were denied? Isn't being denied what is actually a stonewaller more of a defining moment? Isn't having a perfectly good goal ruled out defining enough? What a wanker. I don't want to believe that they actually get paid to sit there and talk shit like that.

Irrational.

The worst refereeing "performance" I've seen in years. I wouldn't trust that fat ball of gas to referee a United game ever again. He is a jizz stain on the fabric of the game and needs to go to Specsavers for a bilateral eyeball transplant.

IRELANDUNITED

I was honestly thinking watch this on TV that if I had been at Old Trafford today i might have ran onto the field and thumped him, and i'm by no means a violent man, he was just so bad, you'd would think it was one of those rats from RAWK that was refereeing it.

BIGbadBOO4

It's simply the media does not call out ref's for giving terrible decisions against United so they know they can get away with it. Instead focusing everthing on ones which we get in our favour. Therefore the FA and fifa need to call for honesty and objectivity from the media but it won't happen, the media's bias means ref's walk on the pitch with a fixed mindset. Which in turn means they cannot remain impartial. But it is not going to change. What annoys me even more is even with all these poor decisions all non United fans will continue to believe it's just deserts for all these imaginary decisions we always get. Our only hope is video evidence, then we will get a real balancing out of decisions.

Theafonis

In love with @Eboue
Supports
Chelsea
@lsd im guessing he means you get those sorts of fouls outside the box but rarely pens when the player actually gets the shot away?
Which kind of makes sense.
That makes sense. Defenders can somehow get a away with nasty challenges in the box as long as the attacker already took the shot.

POF

I cannot believe that is a genuine TV show. With all of the money spent on EPL football coverage, it's unbelievable it can be that bad. Is it always that shambolic?