Lee Mason 2016/17

ti vu

Yes finally .. I'm not saying I agree with Mason but it's simple to understand it .. The first thing referees do is think was it a goalscoring opportunity and in this case it obviously wasn't and he made his decision .. I can't remember seeing a penalty given in a similar case so I can understand it .. Not agree but understand.. Anyway it worked out in the end
Did you miss the Redmond's sent off and penalty call in Southampton vs Tottenham this mid week? It's worse in that initial contact was outside the box. Ref (Mike Dean) must have thought Redmon fell over Alli inside the box after Alli's off target shot.

thoward

It's not a lisp!
The fecker is only 45, he looks about 60. Martin Atkinson is only 45 as well, thought he would have been older, so they'll both be around for a fair while yet. Mike Dean is another old looking twat. Clattenburg is only 41 I think, and Michael Oliver is only 34 I think, these feckers are going to around for a long, long time.

Remember the time Mike Riley had given United a good few penalties in the face of a few seasons, and all the bitching in the media about that, even though virtually all of those penalties were completely justified, and he ignored a few penalties that we should have got. And those claiming that United had Howard Webb in their back pocket as well.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
The scary thing from a Premier League perspective is this guy has some competition as the worst ref in the League.

SirHenryPercy

Supports
spurs
There doesn't seem to be any blatant favouritism going on anymore which is good for the league as a whole, but it would be better if the officials were of a higher standard.

Fitchett

Mason showed himself up the other week, by initially running away from a penalty area clash, then dramatically turning round and awarding a penalty for the softest dive imaginable by Michael Antonio of West Ham against Tom Huddleston of Hull. It was so bad that even Alan Shearer picked it up on MOTD (although he'd have ignored it had it been against us).

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Martial's not a penalty .. He took his shot then was hit .. You don't get a penalty given for that ... Is the same as being hit after losing the ball .. you just don't get those
Anywhere else on the pitch, a player gets taken out after playing the ball it's a foul. Why would it be different in the area? That's like saying punching a player in the face isn't a foul if the ball isn't nearby.

Mike Dean gave Spurs one the other day and sent Redmond off after Alli had shot.
This.

lsd

The Oracle
In the past the top teams were benefitting from under scrutinised officiating, especially at home.

Jose and most media only mentioned the Rashford one because they knew you don't get those whether it's right or wrong refs won't give those pens ..Personally i would have given a yellow card but no penalty that may be wrong in the letter of the law but it's how most Refs think

SirHenryPercy

Supports
spurs
Jose and most media only mentioned the Rashford one because they knew you don't get those whether it's right or wrong refs won't give those pens ..Personally i would have given a yellow card but no penalty that may be wrong in the letter of the law but it's how most Refs think
It was a clear mistake to dissalow the goal from Ibrahimovich, but I'm not sure too much else was wrong although I only saw brief highlights and maybe they didn't show it all.

I didn't think the Rashford one was a pen, he stayed up and then went down when he realised he wasn't going to get it.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt

ZupZup

Mike Dean gave Spurs one the other day and sent Redmond off after Alli had shot.
A little different as Redmond fouled Alli before he shoots... the referee played advantage so I don't actually think he should have given the penalty (or a freekick as it was actually outside the box anyway).

Agree with your overall point though. It absolutely should have been a penalty and a late challenge like that would be given as a freekick if it happened elsewhere on the pitch.

devil in me

He shouldn't be demoted for disallowing the goal. It was a crap decision but you can't demote refs for that, there would be none left.
He should be demoted for his overall performance, which was utterly disgraceful.

OohAahMartial

He should be demoted. Refs should be fined for such performances. This season refs have been terrible. Now that football clubs are businesses with shareholders where results can strongly effect value of clubs I'm surprised that CEO's don't group together to pressure the FA to improve on this and reform. Or perhaps the LMA.

Golden Nugget

Even BT Sport couldn't bring themselves to defend that Albino Malteser

Sure, there's a moment where Ince imagines up a Boro penalty and Howard Webb pretends to play along for a second despite not having seen it but progress is progress.
Robbie savage is one of the worst commentators I've seen - yet he was the only one that made any sense in the studio. The others quickly change their stance, but Chris Sutton obviously has something against United and didn't budge after being questioned about the penalty incidents by Savage; and then Bailly's "foul" this week and Mata's penalty last week by Webb. I love how Savage dug it in to him at the end too.

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
Everyone criticises Clattenburg and his supposed status as the best ref in England, but when you see the level of competition he's up against it's a lot harder to argue.

NK86

It's a foul not a penalty . He didn't deny a goal scoring opportunity ..
Have you emailed FIFA your new set of rules yet or are you premiering them here directly?

MrPooni

Watching the City game at the moment and felt Mason was on the cusp of another shocker but he just got a big, big call right. Still expect him to feck up before the game is over, mind.

cyberman

Bluemoon can't even cry conspiracy after his perfomance ladt week

FujiVice

Never seen it yet, but he's getting slaughtered for it on twitter. John Hartson and Phil Neville saying it wasnt a red. Knives are out for Lee Mason. Good.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
It looked like he was taking instructions on his mike all game.

Ainu

Never seen it yet, but he's getting slaughtered for it on twitter. John Hartson and Phil Neville saying it wasnt a red. Knives are out for Lee Mason. Good.
They are being ridiculous. As horrible as he was in our game, this was an easy red card to give.

Oscie

Redeemed himself. Good ol' Lee.

Mike Dean will be jealous another ref is getting this much attention. Look for him to turn out in his next game wearing full-on drag.

m1y2

why wasn't he suspended or fined for that shitshow? something's wrong

FujiVice

Dermot Gallagher sent a text into Danny Mills saying it was a red and Phil Neville has changed his opinion. Typical Phil. He's like Indecisive Dave from the Fast Show.