Leeds back in the Prem. How do we feel about this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
This! Would love to have Leeds, Forest and Villa back up. Bring back to good old days.

Agree on Huddersfield and Cardiff but think Hughton deserves to stay up to be honest, maybe Burnley in their place instead to drop, bit harsh after last season though
Yeah I'll go along with Burnley too actually. Could always drop Brighton for one of the Sheffield's or Derby though.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
Do not want at all, horrible club, horrible city and a larger number of asshole supporters than most clubs. The Millwall of the north.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
I haven't been a supporter long enough to experience the rivalry so I personally don't mind.
I keep hearing Chelsea but what's with the rivalry with Leeds and Chelsea?
Hehe, oh boy.

I'm just reading through this thread so no idea if you got an answer yet.

EDIT: I see @duffer filled you in. I'm not even allowed to use the terms by which they're known as it's extremely un-PC in 2019 (although I I didn't even know how offensive it was all the way back when I was in single digits!) and plain not nice in relation to what the unabbreviated word is.

Last edited:

Irish Jet

Supports
Anyone but Rashford
Laughable that people are delighted. Let’s see if that’s the case when they play their best games of the season against us every year as they did before.

They’re a trash club with a trash fanbase. Keeping up their tradition of cheating as well. Their history is built on it. Revie was a match fixing fraud.

I’d sooner see the club fold.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Leeds Fan - first of all very very long way to go, we have a thin squad playing a lot of academy players which is great but I'm still sceptical if we will go up.

Would love to play you lot twice a year though but do you think the rivalry will still be there from you side? I mean we have been out the top flight for so long, also we have no right to play in the premier we have been where we have because that's what we deserved.
I check your results and league standing every week or other since you went down. Some kind of compulsion. Can't say I do it with kindness and goodwill in my heart... :angel:

Looks like you really are coming up this time, unless Bielsa 'Bielsa's' and storms out the club for something or other between now and May.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
I would be happy if they came up.

I find football boring nowadays so Bielsa/Leeds in the Premier League would be a welcome addition.

luck&neat

I live near Leeds and work with a lot of Leeds supporters. They come across as a small time club that are more interested in hating other teams than supporting their own. Happily gloat about all the fights they get in and visiting fans they've beaten up, like it's the main reason you'd go to a football game.

As has been said before - Millwall of the north.

Of course not all Leeds supporters are like that, just seems an awfully high percentage of the ones I have dealings with are absolute weapons.

Don't see the appeal of having them in the premier league.

Oldyella

Laughable that people are delighted. Let’s see if that’s the case when they play their best games of the season against us every year as they did before.

They’re a trash club with a trash fanbase. Keeping up their tradition of cheating as well. Their history is built on it. Revie was a match fixing fraud.

Yep this. The one rival club i have no issue with fading into obscurity.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
I'm delighted too.

Premier League should consist of the biggest club and clubs with a history and wide fan base.
Premier League should consist of the best teams at the time.

Plus Spurs

The_Podgy_Poet

Supports
Hartlepool United
It's been 15 years, I feel like they've paid their dues. I'd rather Notts Forest or Sheffield Wednesday go up, but I'm satisfied with Leeds going up.

RedNed77

Yup. As much as I hate them, I want them in the prem for another big game in the season. Rather go to Old Trafford to watch this game than Huddersfield.
This. One of the best things to happen to the premiership is an increase in competitive games with the top two becoming a top 6. Ideally that should be increased to a top ten or so where anybody is in with a chance of winning and for me bigger more storied clubs with large fanbases increse the chances of this happening. A league with 10 clubs all capable of taking points off each other would be a great thing to watch and be involved in.

I do fecking hate leeds though.

norm87cro

It's good to have them back. I don't think they will bottle this chance to go up aldo there are 19 games left in the Championship. But lets not forget it is a bitter rivalry between the clubs. They would love to feck us over more than any other top 6 side

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout

I want as many meaningful games in a season. With all respect to the likes of Bournemouth, Huddersfield and Burnley there is no history there that can compare with Leeds. Get them back in and get them stuffed.

Stookie

Nurse bell end
I live in Leeds country and surrounded by their fans. They hate United more than they like their own team. Trust me, after one season of them in the prem we’ll be wishing they were back down.

youmeletsfly

Will go up, will invest heavily and they'll do a straight Fulham and go down the same season.

Andy_Cole

I live in Leeds country and surrounded by their fans. They hate United more than they like their own team. Trust me, after one season of them in the prem we’ll be wishing they were back down.
How satisfying would it be to see them go down again?

Stookie

Nurse bell end
Immensely satisfying. That being said I would look forward to the games much more than I would against say Bournemouth or Brighton etc. It’s just the fans near me can be right bellends. Not as bad as the scouse fans I know whom seem to coming out of the woodwork from everywhere now. It is a massive fixture. Bigger for them than United though.

RMD83

I’d love to see them back. It was great when they went down but it’s been a long time now. I think they’re scummy fans have been punished long enough. I’d love to see Leeds and forest return.

CallyRed

That would be the plus side.
Let them come up and hopefully they will struggle and be a bottom half club. Their fans will probably start insisting they should be top 6 club by October.

Halftrack

Only reason I would ever want to see them up. I'd prefer it if they went bust and ceased existing, but I'll settle for them experiencing crushing defeats and disappointment.
Get rid of Huddersfield, Cardiff and Brighton. Bring back Leeds, Forest and Villa
I'd rather have shite clubs that are here on merit than having even shiter clubs that are here because they were once relevant.

lysglimt

Scout
I have actually watched 3-4 of Leeds matches on TV this season - and I am yet to be impressed by anything else than their ability to win games in injury-time (which naturally is a very good quality)

But they will struggle in the P.L without a lot of new players

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
I have actually watched 3-4 of Leeds matches on TV this season - and I am yet to be impressed by anything else than their ability to win games in injury-time (which naturally is a very good quality)

But they will struggle in the P.L without a lot of new players
did you watch them last night? They were very good.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Theres an entire generation who dont realise we all hate leeds scum.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Another team that will raise their game against us and roll over for others? Meh

Man-United

I actually hate them as much as Liverpool so I don't want them near the Premier League. We have enough rivalries as it already is.

The Real Treble 99

Cannot wait for them to get back. Our 2nd most fiercest rivals & the rivalry between the roses is immense. Always were great games & brilliant atmosphere back in the day. I have to say I’ve missed them & talking about Leeds, have a look at their YouTube channel there’s some great footage of the 70s between the two teams.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Another team that will raise their game against us and roll over for others? Meh
Too many of these teams in the league, really irritating. Anyone who doesn’t think it’s a thing is kidding themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.