Leeds back in the Prem. How do we feel about this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Keep them down there until we can get our shit together, otherwise it'll just be another team of game raising cnuts against us alone.
Was just thinking, maybe it'd be nice to have another rival game, but aside from them being a twattish bunch, it's also another opportunity to be embarrassed. Sad state of affairs.

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
Surprised so many people happy to see them back, I remember going to watch Man Utd v Leeds at OT in 2001 maybe? Ole equalised in the last minute, the final score was 1-1.

But what sticks in my mind far more was the Leeds fans singing about Munich from start to finish without letting up at all, I'm guessing most here know the chant (who's that lying...), Man Utd fans sang back about the two Leeds fans stabbed in Turkey, but not to the same extent.

Lots of clubs hate you lot, but I've never come across any other bunch of fans singing against you like that with that intensity and venom.

I'm no Utd fan but I don't want to see Leeds back up in the prem, foul club with a real nasty element to their fans.

Needham

Surprised so many people happy to see them back, I remember going to watch Man Utd v Leeds at OT in 2001 maybe? Ole equalised in the last minute, the final score was 1-1.

But what sticks in my mind far more was the Leeds fans singing about Munich from start to finish without letting up at all, I'm guessing most here know the chant (who's that lying...), Man Utd fans sang back about the two Leeds fans stabbed in Turkey, but not to the same extent.

Lots of clubs hate you lot, but I've never come across any other bunch of fans singing against you like that with that intensity and venom.

I'm no Utd fan but I don't want to see Leeds back up in the prem, foul club with a real nasty element to their fans.
Things have changed since 2001. The Guardian newspaper catches anyone in a football ground who says nasty things and shames them out of employment.

Nucks

RT History Department
Good, we need more teams that we have a chance of beating.

RochaRoja

If they were ever going to come back, this was the year.

Bielsa will bugger off in the summer and we’ll probably never get to see him in the PL. :(

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Get them all up. Forest, Leeds, Villa, the two Sheffield clubs and one other from Derby/Birmingham/QPR/Middlesborough.
Boot out the following: Bournemouth, Burnley, Brighton (Huddersfield, Cardiff, Fulham).
Boro are just boring nowadays especially with Pulis at the helm. I can understand fondness people have for the interesting teams they created from 1996 but that's a long time ago now. They stank the prem out in 16/17 hardly scoring any goals.

QPR have played a decent amount of prem seasons in last decade and wildly overspent so just end up in relegation battles.

Blues?!!!:nervous:

Yeah Derby, Forest and Sheff Weds have all been out a long while so all three will likely have to wait until next season as I can see Derby doing their usual bottle job in last 3 games to finish 7th.

I actually like Sheffield United going up. Said before but the perception from people who don't watch them and will just look at their squad is to see home grown squad of lower league British players and manager and assume they'll play like Stoke under Pulis or Cardiff under Warnock. Or even dare I say it Brighton under Hughton.

They won't. Got a very interesting 3-5-2 going on and from the games I've seen they play just as good football as Leeds and Norwich do. I will predict they'll be similar to that Blackpool team under Holloway that had loads of crazy games in their prem season.

As for those wanting a big club back, Leeds/Villa could easily be the play off final so looks likely.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa

Leeds certainly take the ABU to an extreme level. Wasn't there a Leeds fan who refused to have anything red in his house such was his hatred of Man. United? Gordon McQueen also leaving Leeds for Man. United also seemed to fan the flames in late 70s.

Josh 76

Leeds certainly take the ABU to an extreme level. Wasn't there a Leeds fan who refused to have anything red in his house such was his hatred of Man. United? Gordon McQueen also leaving Leeds for Man. United also seemed to fan the flames in late 70s.
Rio leaving them for us added more fuel to the fire.

Scarlet_Emperor

Supports
CR Flamengo
I'm very glad with it. Leeds United deserves to come back to Premier League and stays there.
Who knows do they win the league as Leicester City did? :)

Himannv

I'm very glad with it. Leeds United deserves to come back to Premier League and stays there.
Who knows do they win the league as Leicester City did? :)
They're probably the most hate-fuelled club ever. Them winning the league will be a dark dark day. I'm just happy that chances are it will never happen and they're more likely to just get relegated again.

shiranaiotoko

So there's a chance that Lampard is going to humiliate us again, now even at last twice per season.

dogwithabone

Disappointed. The PL needs big clubs in it and Leeds are, like it or not, a big club.

I wouldn’t rush home to watch Fulham, Brighton, Cardiff, Huddersfield v Liverpool but Leeds v Liverpool whets the appetite.

The National League is nearly at the point where it has bigger clubs in it than the league above, L2, and the way we are going it will be the same with the Championship compared to the PL barring of course the top ten or so.

Ludens the Red

Disappointed. The PL needs big clubs in it and Leeds are, like it or not, a big club.

I wouldn’t rush home to watch Fulham, Brighton, Cardiff, Huddersfield v Liverpool but Leeds v Liverpool whets the appetite.

The National League is nearly at the point where it has bigger clubs in it than the league above, L2, and the way we are going it will be the same with the Championship compared to the PL barring of course the top ten or so.
I think you need to visit Elland Road... you will change your mind. Their fans are extremely hateful towards United, grotesque chants etc. Like beyond football levels of hate. feck em, hope they stay down in the gutter forever.

deafepl

If Bielsa fancy new challenge, he can apply to become Ole's assistant staff. I prefer him over Mckenna and Carrick.

Status
Not open for further replies.