Leeds back in the Prem. How do we feel about this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
I love Bielsa but feck Leeds United. The last thing we need right now is another game-raising bunch of cnuts who see us as their cup final. Six points will be easier earned off Villa or Derby, no question.

tony54

I watched the match tonight , leeds v Derby and it was a really enjoyable game to watch and I reckon Derby could easily beat United with a display like that. Simple passing, fantastic ball control and the team busting a gut for each other. Ah well!!

R.N7

Such tagline. Wow!
Supports
a wife, three kids and Eboue
First team leading at Christmas not to go up.
Derby first team to lose first leg at home and then progress.

Staggering bottle job.

Best/worst season in years for Leeds fans.

Macca7

Talking purely hypothetically...but what would people think Of Bielsa coming to United if it doesn't work out with Ole?

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
Bielsa looks heartbroken. Get the impression he might pack it in. I don't think they'll be in a promotion fight like this again for a while.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I watched the match tonight , leeds v Derby and it was a really enjoyable game to watch and I reckon Derby could easily beat United with a display like that. Simple passing, fantastic ball control and the team busting a gut for each other. Ah well!!
They sort of already this season already

dogwithabone

I think you need to visit Elland Road... you will change your mind. Their fans are extremely hateful towards United, grotesque chants etc. Like beyond football levels of hate. feck em, hope they stay down in the gutter forever.
Yes of course there is an element but there is an element of idiots at EVERY club. Are you saying United fans have never chanted anything hateful ? Come on, I’ve been watching football for nearly 50 years and every club in the land will taunt rivals and very often over step the mark.

Fact is Leeds should be in the PL. I want fierce rivalry, most fans do. I’ll much more enjoy a right battle against Leeds than I will watching us whip a timid Fulham 5-0.

CallyRed

Yes of course there is an element but there is an element of idiots at EVERY club. Are you saying United fans have never chanted anything hateful ? Come on, I’ve been watching football for nearly 50 years and every club in the land will taunt rivals and very often over step the mark.

Fact is Leeds should be in the PL. I want fierce rivalry, most fans do. I’ll much more enjoy a right battle against Leeds than I will watching us whip a timid Fulham 5-0.
I'd take that at the moment tbh.

Sambob

The Wigan game was typical for them, about a million shots but just couldnt score.

Perseus

Bielsa looks heartbroken. Get the impression he might pack it in. I don't think they'll be in a promotion fight like this again for a while.
Leeds needed a stronger squad in numbers of players. 48 games is a long slog for injuries etc.

el diablorojo

Supports
Brentford
Leeds needed a stronger squad in numbers of players. 48 games is a long slog for injuries etc.
Yeah not sure they can afford a stronger squad - I think they might be screwed next season, have heard they may have taken a sh!t or bust approach this season and don't have the money to fund the club at the same level next season - their co-owner was certainly in tears in the executive "box" after Brentford turned them over 2-0 at the end of the season effectively ending automatic promotion hopes.

stepic

Shame. I’d have preferred Leeds back in the premier league over fecking Derby and Villa

Nick7

Delighted for them.

Talking purely hypothetically...but what would people think Of Bielsa coming to United if it doesn't work out with Ole?
No thanks. Cult manager, his teams play good football but fall apart after Christmas every year. That is, if he doesn't fall out with the board before Christmas. He's not a top manager.

tentan

Poor man's poster.
Shame. I’d have preferred Leeds back in the premier league over Derby and Villa

Agreed. They're too 'recent' while Leeds aren't. Having said that I hope Derby win the final because they're less 'recent'.

Denis79

The fecking football gods hate us, I have no other explanation. Worst year in football as far as i can remember, hate this season with a passion.

Liverpool favorites to win the CL, City winning the League cup, league and most likely the FA cup, and Arsenal might win the Europa League.On top of that we're proper shit, feck me what a terrible football year.

Last edited:

Ludens the Red

Yeah I get that it’s a big rivalry and the match is appealing . I also understand every club has idiots but I’ve walked through Stanley Park in a united scarf, sat on a city bus with a united top on and none of those experiences were as vitriol as the two times we faced Leeds in the cup. Throwing down bottles of piss and coins at Old Trafford after winning the fecking match. Or us turning up at Elland Road and them waiting with broken bottles. It’s just over the top, that’s not football rivalry it’s just hateful. Oh and don’t get me started on the Munich stuff.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
I would have to think those without animosity to Leeds simply haven't experienced the unadulterated hatred. It's not like City or Liverpool, it's good reason to outright hate where I think the other two cause a myriad of emotions and some of them are begrudgingly acknowledging their football and/or history, rivalry with us.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
City can't win the CL, Liverpool can't win the PL and Leeds can't get promoted.
The day we stop laughing at our rivals means the end of football !! :D

Revaulx

I would have to think those without animosity to Leeds simply haven't experienced the unadulterated hatred. It's not like City or Liverpool, it's good reason to outright hate where I think the other two cause a myriad of emotions and some of them are begrudgingly acknowledging their football and/or history, rivalry with us.
Many are probably too young to have experienced it. Leeds also benefit from the fact that the press don't constantly kiss their arse unlike Liverpool and, increasingly, City.

meamth

Mason Mount looks like some player.

Lampard's team played beautifully, great one touch play and his attacking sequence seems really effective.

Great game.

Fener1907

I don't like the "every club has its idiots" argument. It's not wrong but it's also not the point. Some clearly have more than others and get criticized more as a result.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Time to close this thread then.

Status
Not open for further replies.