Leeds (dirty thugs) discussion

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir

Thought the crest was bad enough but this is taking it to the next level. This club is being run by utter morons. Been an embarrassment for years.

marktan

Thought the crest was bad enough but this is taking it to the next level. This club is being run by utter morons. Been an embarrassment for years.
Actually mad to undertake a tour in a country that forced 600k+ of a minority to flee under violence in 2017, which the UN described as a 'textbook example of ethnic cleansing'. Sure the players would most likely be safe - but what kind of message does it send out associating themselves with such a place? You would've thought a trip to somewhere like Spain or Portgual would've been preferable for everyone involved with the club.

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty

Should be it's own thread, no?

@Damien and or other omnipotent modmins

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Myanmar Tour... wow!

What's next? Bangladesh so they can support the kids who manufacture football kits? :D

BBRBB

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Smart from a marketing standpoint to enter a market abandoned by others. They're not exactly in a position to be picky.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Smart from a marketing standpoint to enter a market abandoned by others. They're not exactly in a position to be picky.
Yeah, like those guys who get divorced recently and they are too much time "out of the market", they really can't be picky with the fat ones.

United_We_Stand

Judging by comments above, it's clear that not many people in Britain (and Europe) have heard of Rohingya genocide/ persecution in Myanmar.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
It's smart to associate yourself with genocide?

I'm pretty sure that's a marketing no-no...

BBRBB

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
It's smart to associate yourself with genocide?

I'm pretty sure that's a marketing no-no...
They're playing football, not defending the local government or army. None of the players in this summer world cup will be associated with the gasing of Syrian civilians or the oppression of gay minorities.

Considering LUFC is globally irrelevant since the mid 90s the upside outweighs the potential controversy.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
http://www.yorkpress.co.uk/sport/lufc/16180978.Amnesty_International_question_Leeds_Myanmar_tour/

Amnesty International question Leeds Myanmar tour

Leeds' tour to Myanmar next month has been questioned by Amnesty International due to the country's "brutal" human rights record.

The Sky Bet Championship club are planning a pre-season tour of Myanmar despite Foreign Office travel warnings being in place for various parts of the south-east Asian country.

"It certainly seems like an odd choice of country to choose to tour," said Amnesty International UK director Kate Allen.

"The last year has seen the human rights situation in Myanmar deteriorate dramatically.

"Hundreds of thousands of Rohingya have fled crimes against humanity in Rakhine State to neighbouring Bangladesh; those who remain continue to live under a system amounting to apartheid.

"The Myanmar authorities have continued the brutal crackdown despite a global outcry.

"Far too often sporting events have been used as a cheap PR tool to 'sportswash' the stain of a country's human rights record."

Leeds are scheduled to play an All-Star XI in Yangon on May 9 and then Myanmar's national team in Mandalay on May 11.

Both cities fall outside areas which the Foreign Office has advised should be avoided.

"We're not going to tell Leeds United where they should and shouldn't visit," Allen added.

"But if the tour does go ahead, the club should use its leverage to call for an end to the crackdown and raise with the Burmese authorities the plight of the hundreds of thousands of families who have been brutalised and forced to flee their homes."

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
The Saudis are are a tad more than 'corrupt proxy war rulers'. And besides, does it matter what term you want to call it, ethnic cleansing or whatever? At the end of the day innocent civilians are being killed and starved.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saudi_Arabian-led_intervention_in_Yemen
Difference is one has publicly been stated by UN while other has plenty of grey area around it.

All I’m saying is you can have reservation about United and Saudi but can’t compare it to Leeds and myanmar

GeorgieBoy

They just lost their opening game of the tour 2-1 to the Myanmar National League All-Stars.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
To be fair Heckingbottom was absolutely shite. They should’ve just stuck wirh Christiansen or paid Monk more. Worst run club in England or even Europe.

Tom Foster

Leeds are so incredibly badly run, I wished I hated them more than a lot of United fans. But I don’t. I quite liked the Don Revie era because I wanted us, at that time, to be as successful as them (little did I know what was to come thank God). I would much rather what happened to them had been Liverpool, Arsenal or even Everton.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Bielsa is a shite manager but a great tactician. Also a total lunatic. It will be 5 months of glorious football followed by another sharp decline in team's performances followed by another sacking.

Bielsa hasn't did a great job since Bilbao.

Javi

Any players worth knowing in this Leeds side? Pablo Hernandez was a hopeful back in his Valencia days but his stats look rather mediocre now (not within the Leeds squad though).

FujiVice

City, Liverpool, West Ham, all the clubs who hate us respected the minutes silence for George Best back in 2005. Leeds cnuts chanted "we hate Man Utd" through out the whole thing. Leeds are the reason they brought in the minutes applause, to drown out shitbags like them.

Sir Scott McToMinay

feck them. Hope they go out of business, the pricks!
I'd be delighted to never play them ever again.
I’m all for playing as many matches against our rivals as possible.
That’s where the excitement is. Rather them than Brighton or Hull or something.
I’m well aware of the munich songs but they also gave us Eric so there’s that.