Leeds (dirty thugs) discussion

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
The notion you just come back big after years in the wilderness is thoroughly disproven by Leeds who have looked like a Championship club through and through after their initial run under Bielsa.
You’d think a club of their stature would’ve consolidated their PL standing after so long promoted, but instead they’re getting worse by the season.

Leeds are a despicable club, but part of that previous dislike was they were a worthy rival who you didn’t want to see do well in any capacity whilst knowing that they could well win against you. They’re currently beneath a certain level of contempt and that’s disappointing - they should be like a Liverpool in the sense of holding an eternal loathing for them.

All that time in the lower leagues has broken them as a club.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
I hope this horrid little scrote of a club get relegated and they never see the light of day (of the Premier League) again.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
This is a really dumb question on a United forum, but what (being a hated rival aside) makes Leeds a dirty, shite, scrote, cnut club? Not meant to be WUMmy, genuinely interested.

JuriM

This is a really dumb question on a United forum, but what (being a hated rival aside) makes Leeds a dirty, shite, scrote, cnut club? Not meant to be WUMmy, genuinely interested.
Kind of the same as why it became a meme to say "A cold & rainy Tuesday night at Stoke City". Or "Can Messi do it against Stoke City". Clubs that sometimes appeared to have that kind of player profile, who were known to be rather brutes than beautiful football lovers.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Kind of the same as why it became a meme to say "A cold & rainy Tuesday night at Stoke City". Or "Can Messi do it against Stoke City". Clubs that sometimes appeared to have that kind of player profile, who were known to be rather brutes than beautiful football lovers.
Ah I see! We didn't have Premier League coverage in their glory days (and I wasn't born for the ones in the 70s), so I don't really have an opinion on them. Well aside from being a big fan of Sinisterra due to his stella days at Feyenoord.

Djemba-Djemba

In the 60s and 70s they were known as Dirty Leeds because they had a team that would kick holes out of the opposition. Even by the standards of the 70s they were seen as thugs. Very good side that won trophies but still thugs.

In terms of their fans, Leeds fans hate Utd more than any other fans hate Utd. They seem to hate Utd more than anybody else hates anything. Even more bitter and nasty than the rivalry with City and Liverpool in many ways. It's just the fact they were outside the top flight for nearly 20 years that made a lot of Utd fans forget or newer Utd fans weren't aware.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
In the 60s and 70s they were known as Dirty Leeds because they had a team that would kick holes out of the opposition. Even by the standards of the 70s they were seen as thugs. Very good side that won trophies but still thugs.

In terms of their fans, Leeds fans hate Utd more than any other fans hate Utd. They seem to hate Utd more than anybody else hates anything. Even more bitter and nasty than the rivalry with City and Liverpool in many ways. It's just the fact they were outside the top flight for nearly 20 years that made a lot of Utd fans forget or newer Utd fans weren't aware.
Seems a bit similar to ADO Den Haag and Ajax then were ADO hate Ajax with the passion of a billion exploding stars while Ajax, though they definitely dislike them, sees them more as weirdly angry, but irrelevant cnuts.

Djemba-Djemba

Seems a bit similar to ADO Den Haag and Ajax then were ADO hate Ajax with the passion of a billion exploding stars while Ajax, though they definitely dislike them, sees them more as weirdly angry, but irrelevant cnuts.
Yeah that would sum it up very well.

We definitely dislike Leeds and I'd love to see them go down but they 100% hate us more. Hate us more than anything, some of them seem to hate us more than they love Leeds.

The Corinthian

The tragedy chanting - it's always Leeds, whether it's about Munich or Hillsborough, they're always doing it.
Stuff like this - Fury over race verdict | UK news | The Guardian
Sarfraz, whose leg, nose and cheekbone were broken during an assault by five men in January last year, disputed trial judge Mr Justice Henriques's ruling that racism had nothing to do with it.

Moments before a chase involving the student, his friends and a group of white men outside the Majestyk nightclub in Leeds, one of the whites said: 'Do you want some, Paki?'. 'I took that as meaning, "Do you want a fight",' Sarfraz tells tonight's BBC Panorama programme. 'I just thought they're racist scum, so I just ignored them because there were too many of them and I'm not a trouble-causer.'
Woodgate and Bowyer were involved and both got away pretty scot free -
The victim and his family denounced as too lenient Woodgate's sentence to 100 hours community service for taking part in the chase before the attack.

Both players are now free to resume their interrupted Leeds careers, although neither was due to play in their club's home game today against Leicester City.

Bowyer, who had been banned from playing for England since the incident, is now likely to make his international debut soon, but the Football Association is taking legal advice before deciding whether manager Sven-Göran Eriksson can pick Woodgate.
Also when googling the above to make this post - this came up too:

Leeds United fan who made racist gestures at Elland Road Premier League match is jailed
Leeds United fan who made racist gestures at Elland Road Premier League match is jailed (msn.com)

Also agree with the poster above - they're just a dirty club in how they play, and their fans are utter scum. I've never met a Leeds fan that's reasonable.

Funnily enough, they had a really good team in the early 00s, and were fairly likeable.

UTAretro

Supports
Brighton
I’m from Brighton and have been to Elland Road numerous times on away days. The homophobic chanting is a given with Leeds, both home and away. There is a real Neanderthal element to some of their fanbase, unfortunately.

Chelsea, West Ham, Millwall and Leeds in fact. Every single time.

As for the actual football… well, I can’t quite believe how bad they looked last night. A disorganised omnishambles. Their defending was atrocious; they seemed to have no game plan. I think they look as bad as anybody in the league - and are going down.

The Corinthian

Viduka, Kewell, Ferdinand... they were some team! We got Rio, but would have liked to have Kewell as well.
I think we were close to signing Kewell in 2004, but he opted for Liverpool, which I'm glad he did in the end. He ended up being perennially crocked so it would have been a waste of money.

Don't Kill Bill

I was at a table with two Leeds fans and two Liverpool fans sat at a table across from me in Whitby during the open weeks between the lockdowns. They were absolutely hammering us and extolling the virtues of Bielsa ball/Klopp. It almost made me get up and leave but there were steak pies on the way. So that wasn't an option. I think fondly of them now and how upset they must be.

I don't know if they will go down but we can hope can't we?

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout

The tragedy chanting - it's always Leeds, whether it's about Munich or Hillsborough, they're always doing it.
Stuff like this - Fury over race verdict | UK news | The Guardian

Woodgate and Bowyer were involved and both got away pretty scot free -

Also when googling the above to make this post - this came up too:

Leeds United fan who made racist gestures at Elland Road Premier League match is jailed
Leeds United fan who made racist gestures at Elland Road Premier League match is jailed (msn.com)

Also agree with the poster above - they're just a dirty club in how they play, and their fans are utter scum. I've never met a Leeds fan that's reasonable.

Funnily enough, they had a really good team in the early 00s, and were fairly likeable.
These. Leeds despise us. Not grudging respect; despise. Their hatred is palpable and very easy to return in kind.

The tension when collectives of both fanbases are in close proximity is also a prompt to vacate wherever you are if that kind of stuff is not for you.

Leeds aren't like any of the other rivals because it goes far beyond football and competitive, sporting spirit; you'll find more United support wishing them be obliterated than any other club.

Probably a rivalry best left in the past.

scottser

Read or watch 'The Damned United' for a start.
Also, Jimmy Savile. Nuff said.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
to be honest he’s been ok for them, he had a lengthy injury though.
Yeah he had a few of those at Feyenoord too. Apart from a good player he's also a great kid though. A south American winger who doesnt dive or play act. Think he might be the only one in existence.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
It's strange that ended up managing them

acolyte

Absolutely crazy stuff. I know it's Leeds let's all laugh but this sort of thing can happen to anybody with the wrong owner.

I just want to draw attention to his response when asked for comment (from the linked article): “what Aser Ventures does with its assets which includes several companies including Leeds United, Greenfield and Elland Road.. it’s none of your business.”