Leeds (dirty thugs) discussion

Hulksmash

Qatar have made a bid to buy Leeds. Qatar is aiming for Premier league domination and may shift their attention from PSG to Leeds( Financial times )

Chipper

Adulterer.
Would seem like an unusual choice of team to go for if they're going to go all out with an English club.

Another reason to not like Leeds if they do.

Champagne Football

Grab Daniel James quick before their zillions role in.

They'll be a top 4 club within a few years if this goes through as looks like happening.

Al-T

Just when you think football can't get any shitter. The prospect of this horrible fud club and their horrible fud supporters being backed by petrodollars is about as crap as it gets.

Art

Art the artist
Just when you think football can't get any shitter. The prospect of this horrible fud club and their horrible fud supporters being backed by petrodollars is about as crap as it gets.
What's fud mean?

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
Wonder how PSG fans feel about this, won't be long before they shift their focus in money and make Leeds the priority.

willhse456

A few friends that support teams lower down the league don't think it's possible to do another City due to current FFP. Supposedly the major issue these days is percentage increase in wages from year to year, and they think it would take close to 10 years for Leeds to really establish themselves.

Casanova85

Supports
Cruyff/SAF
Nah, even if it happens, I'm not worried. And City's success is mainly thanks to Guardiola.

If it happens, I can see Leeds becoming (6-8 seasons margin) first an estable PL team, then top6 contenders. But title contenders/favorites? Ha!

Skills

Snitch
If Qatar buy an English team, it won't be long before the Saudis join the party. Imagine Liverpool with Saudi backing, Leeds with Qatar and Man City backed by Abu Dhabi

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
If Qatar buy an English team, it won't be long before the Saudis join the party. Imagine Liverpool with Saudi backing, Leeds with Qatar and Man City backed by Abu Dhabi
If anyone is feeling suicidal, please don't read this post.

Chipper

Adulterer.
Suppose we could all bet our life savings on Leeds to be promoted next season and make a few quid if this goes through. Still probably better returns than we could get with any bank. A little silver lining in a dark cloud.

Expanding on what I was saying earlier, I'd have thought that United, Chelsea, West Ham, Everton and Newcastle might be clubs they'd have looked at before Leeds if they were to invest heavily in an English one for various reasons. One downside from their point of view is that they'd all cost more initally but there's considerable upside too as they're all more established currently.

United - Huge name/prestige. Reported Saudi interest with Qatar and Saudi not getting on - could be seen as getting one over on them.

Chelsea - very possibly for sale, currently a much bigger name on a global scale than Leeds, London prestige.

West Ham - London Prestige. That they play in the Olympic stadium might be seen as prestigious too from their point of view, cheap rental deal on that stadium.

Everton might be difficult as they've had a recent takeover anyway but they could play on the Liverpool rivalry.

Newcastle - up for grabs, in the PL.

Edit: Not sure if religion/the politics of it might impact any potential deals as 3 of those have Jewish owners and Qatar supports Hamas. Wouldn't be knowing how much the owners care about that sort of thing.

Last edited:

Casanova85

Supports
Cruyff/SAF
Suppose we could all bet our life savings on Leeds to be promoted next season and make a few quid if this goes through. Still probably better returns than we could get with any bank. A little silver lining in a dark cloud.

Expanding on what I was saying earlier, I'd have thought that United, Chelsea, West Ham, Everton and Newcastle might be clubs they'd have looked at before Leeds if they were to invest heavily in an English one for various reasons. One downside from their point of view is that they'd all cost more initally but there's considerable upside too as they're all more established currently.

United - Huge name/prestige. Reported Saudi interest with Qatar and Saudi not getting on - could be seen as getting one over on them.

Chelsea - very possibly for sale, currently a much bigger name on a global scale than Leeds, London prestige.

West Ham - London Prestige. That they play in the Olympic stadium might be seen as prestigious too from their point of view, cheap rental deal on that stadium.

Everton might be difficult as they've had a recent takeover anyway but they could play on the Liverpool rivalry.

Newcastle - up for grabs, in the PL.
A Saudi West Ham conquering all in the PL and reaching a UCL final. That'd be the day.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Failed to score more than one goal in any championship game since 15th September. Almost like they're trying to copy someone else. :lol:

With all their attacking quality they must be one of most wasteful teams around.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Failed to score more than one goal in any championship game since 15th September. Almost like they're trying to copy someone else. :lol:

With all their attacking quality they must be one of most wasteful teams around.
17 goals in 14 goals. But the caf experts have been saying how brilliant Bielsa is and how he would sort out all our attacking vows in no time.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
HT at Emirates, 0-0. But that's a better 45mins of football from Leeds than I can actually remember from a United side in the last 6 years. I really can't remember when we dominated non-stop for one half against an opponent that would be considered as good or better than us.

He really is an exceptional coach.

People can moan about it all they want, but seeing a Championship side play this level of football really does highlight how overrated some top league managers really are, including ours.

MrPooni

It's amazing how much difference a year of competent coaching can make :rolleyes:

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
This is what’s possible when you have a well coached team, making use of their young players.

I know there is a lot of hate for Leeds, as rivals, but I would like to see them back in the Prem. They are a proper Premier League team for me, and would give United a few more spicy fixtures a season.

I wouldn’t lose any sleep if Burnley and Bournemouth were to slip out and Leeds and Forest came back up.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Would love to see a United team play this kind of stuff. Bielsa teams are an absolute joy to watch. Would love to see him coach in the Premier League and it feels way over due. Just a shame it will likely be with Leeds.

George Beast

They've actually been amazing and looked really good. What's both hilarious and depressing is Arsenal had perhaps their best half of football all season against us only a few days ago.

Marching

Somehow still supports Leeds
Our problem is we don’t convert possession into goals.

Nowt to lose tonight ...will be happy to come through it win or lose without any injuries. Don’t want a replay.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
Leeds looking great. The only thing Arsenal can take from that half is that they aren't down 2-3 goals. And to think that a Championship team is totally dominating a top premier league side by being on the front foot. Arteta will have to make some changes in personel and/or tactics or they are going out...

Rajma

Next season is going to be fun with Klopp at Pool, Bielsa at Leeds, and Pep managing City in the prem all playing football we can only dream of at the moment. Ed you feckin muppet.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Our problem is we don’t convert possession into goals.

Nowt to lose tonight ...will be happy to come through it win or lose without any injuries. Don’t want a replay.
On the scale of 0-100 how much do you love Bielsa?

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
They are very good. Need to do the hard part and actually get promoted but with a smart signing or two I reckon they could have Sheffield United style impact on premier league as many teams struggle against the insane press they have.

They don't score enough goals for their dominance in games though. Even in championship they don't tend to score more than once in many games so that's a big issue.

SAFMUTD

What having an actual manager can do to a squad, I know some will even argue argue Leeds has better players than us though.

Dinghy

Ole beat Ajax, Fenerbache, Celtic and Zenit and had Molde playing great football while having inferior players. Guess he's an "actual manager" after all...

Marching

On the scale of 0-100 how much do you love Bielsa?
Way over 100 mate....I’d keep him for life. Got us working harder than any other side I’ve seen in a long time and playing some good stuff.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Way over 100 mate....I’d keep him for life. Got us working harder than any other side I’ve seen in a long time and playing some good stuff.
I remember what that feeling used to be like. You enjoy it mate. Will (hopefully - speaking purely as a Bielsa fan here) be interesting to see you in the Prem.

Marching

I remember what that feeling used to be like. You enjoy it mate. Will (hopefully - speaking purely as a Bielsa fan here) be interesting to see you in the Prem.
Hopefully we don’t cock it up again and go up this time.