Leeds (dirty thugs) discussion

izec

I agree with you. This is getting utterly ridiculous. Bielsa has a lower league level team playing extremely entertaining football. It's up and down and very entertaining for the neutrals.
So I don't know where Poch comes into this?
Bielsa values Poch highly, Amadeus enters the thread and tells us that a great manager thinks Poch is a great manager. He is just not missing out on any opportunity to praise Poch, no matter the thread.

Foxbatt

Bielsa values Poch highly, Amadeus enters the thread and tells us that a great manager thinks Poch is a great manager. He is just not missing out on any opportunity to praise Poch, no matter the thread.
Of course Poch is a great manager. I do not think anyone is saying that he is not.

The Brown Bull

It's Coming Home.
Since SAF we have endured Moyes (not up to it) LVG (well past his best & not up to it) Mourinho (past his best, bad fit & not up to it) and now Olé (not up to it & never will be)
How come we didn't get Bielsa? We would probably be going for title. 25 now if we got him.
Still not too late. The man's teams really play, they play good attacking ball, they play for him. For the shirt.
Just what we need.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
Exactly, Bielsa does value Pochettino highly. I m just using this opportunity to showcase to fans on here what makes a great manager. It is no surprise to me that Biesla is doing well in the league because his philosophy is progressive and similar to Pochettino who Pochettino claims is his footballing father. It will be interesting though to see how far Bielsa can take this Leeds side. With financial limitations, I feel that Europa league is the highest he can wish for and that will still be an amazing accomplishment. I don’t think he can do a leceister though in this environment.

ray24

Supports
Arsenal
Since SAF we have endured Moyes (not up to it) LVG (well past his best & not up to it) Mourinho (past his best, bad fit & not up to it) and now Olé (not up to it & never will be)
How come we didn't get Bielsa? We would probably be going for title. 25 now if we got him.
Still not too late. The man's teams really play, they play good attacking ball, they play for him. For the shirt.
Just what we need.
Bielsa does not go for the big teams, but rather tends to go for the underdog teams. Teams that are usually not expected to win the big trophies year in year out.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
There really aren’t many managers out there who’s style is so clearly visibly implemented into a team. Properly impressive stuff. Leeds are a joy to watch.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
Just what we need.
If Bielsa join Man United he will be on the "well past his best & not up to it" list, just like LVG.

red4ever 79

Nice to see a manager who can coach his team and set up distinct patterns of play. Leeds look organized and will easily stay up this season. Ancelloti also doing a terrific job at Everton

kerryman

Bielsa does not go for the big teams, but rather tends to go for the underdog teams. Teams that are usually not expected to win the big trophies year in year out.
That's us these days...

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Incredible performances against the 2 best teams in the league. Wonder why Bielsa has never really made it at a big club.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
Incredible performances against the 2 best teams in the league. Wonder why Bielsa has never really made it at a big club.
The super star players can never adapt to his way of training, may be other than CR7 and Sanchez.

Freak

Born a freak always a freak.
He's like a crazy man pacing up and down the touchline and then going into his squat position, barking instructions all game long. I bet all his players fear him.

Leeds are exciting to watch no doubt but they also play like headless chickens who run around a lot. To be fair, I'd rather watch them over teams that constantly play it backward in hope to just keep possession of the ball.

Yagami

Good post resistant
This is a proper coach. Someone who can get his teams playing good stuff through their ability to coach teams regardless of the quality he has at his disposal.

First time in my life that Leeds, City and Liverpool all have a better manager than we have. Boo.

Idxomer

This is a proper coach. Someone who can get his teams playing good stuff through their ability to coach teams regardless of the quality he has at his disposal.

First time in my life that Leeds, City and Liverpool all have a better manager than we have. Boo.
This has been going for three years now.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
That kinda describes United. We’re coming up on a decade without a league title.

ray24

Supports
Arsenal
That's us these days...
That kinda describes United. We’re coming up on a decade without a league title.
Woodward describe Man Utd as a Disneyland to Klopp. Do you think Bielsa wants to work under such a CEO? That and Woodward will never give Bielsa the full freedom he would want at Leeds.

At Leeds, Bielsa was able to ask the board to rebuild parts of the training facility, furnished an unused swimming pool and etc as one of his key demands. A CEO with a big ego will not work out well with Bielsa, and most certainly it will be an issue when it comes to transfers. Woodward will not buy the players Bielsa wants because they are unfashionable.

Utd is too much of a glamour club under Woodward to attract someone like Bielsa.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
It’s been an impressive return to the Premier League so far for Leeds and they really have imposed their style well. The question is can they keep this up for the whole season, especially around the really busy periods? I don’t think they will get relegated but equally I think they could have some rough spells if injuries/tiredness kick in.

paulscholes18

The way he gets his teams to play, it is surprising that he’s never managed a big club. But then he gave s a ticking time bomb. Don’t think he would last a transfer window here if he had Woodward trying to make signings.

RedorDead21

Apparently training is 9 hour days...broken up between lots of different activities?

Lee565

The way he gets his teams to play, it is surprising that he’s never managed a big club. But then he gave s a ticking time bomb. Don’t think he would last a transfer window here if he had Woodward trying to make signings.
I don't know, he's hardly had it great during this transfer window with leeds missing out on a few targets and I don't think he's as reliant on individualistic moments on the pitch from expansive world class players to get results on the pitch as he has a well drilled system of playing as a team and not as a load of individuals

IFC 1905

Now that people are getting to know LORD Bielsa, I translated and added subs to this documentary made by spanish TV with Michael Robinson. If you needed something more to love him

The quality is bad cause the vid is old.

paulscholes18

I don't know, he's hardly had it great during this transfer window with leeds missing out on a few targets and I don't think he's as reliant on individualistic moments on the pitch from expansive world class players to get results on the pitch as he has a well drilled system of playing as a team and not as a load of individuals
Totally agree with that, but he quit Lazio job after 2 days as they couldn’t get the signings he wanted in the time scale he gave the club.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Has to be regret in Argentina that his spell in charge just missed out the start of Messi? Given how good he looked in Pep system feels like another missed opportunity there.

Loved watching his Chile side between 2008-10 when Alexis was coming through.

Foxbatt

Totally agree with that, but he quit Lazio job after 2 days as they couldn’t get the signings he wanted in the time scale he gave the club.
Is this true? If so he is the man. I can't see him at United though. Woodward would not want such a strong character. I don't see Biesla getting Pogba to play the way his teams play either.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
Woodward describe Man Utd as a Disneyland to Klopp. Do you think Bielsa wants to work under such a CEO? That and Woodward will never give Bielsa the full freedom he would want at Leeds.

At Leeds, Bielsa was able to ask the board to rebuild parts of the training facility, furnished an unused swimming pool and etc as one of his key demands. A CEO with a big ego will not work out well with Bielsa, and most certainly it will be an issue when it comes to transfers. Woodward will not buy the players Bielsa wants because they are unfashionable.

Utd is too much of a glamour club under Woodward to attract someone like Bielsa.
It was a very obvious joke dude.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
It’s been an impressive return to the Premier League so far for Leeds and they really have imposed their style well. The question is can they keep this up for the whole season, especially around the really busy periods? I don’t think they will get relegated but equally I think they could have some rough spells if injuries/tiredness kick in.
EFL has a more busy schedule than EPL i believe

That can't possibly be true. 9 hours?
As per the amazon video their training session is really really long.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Now that people are getting to know LORD Bielsa, I translated and added subs to this documentary made by spanish TV with Michael Robinson. If you needed something more to love him

The quality is bad cause the vid is old.
Enjoyed watching that last night. Thanks for sharing.

(...)

Supports
Arsenal
That's almost double what the top sides do.

If that's genuinely what Bielsa does, it's no wonder he never wins anything as his teams are probably knackered by Christmas!
I'm really curious to see how he's going to manage it this season. At the end of last season, Leeds were visibly tired, but it wasn't the usual spring implosion we witnessed with Marseille. Leeds might have been saved by the restart but it might also be a sign that Bielsa is finally learning how to manage a full season in modern football.
But yeah, agreed with everyone here, it's a gift to see a Bielsa team this season, we should enjoy it while it lasts.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
I'm really curious to see how he's going to manage it this season. At the end of last season, Leeds were visibly tired, but it wasn't the usual spring implosion we witnessed with Marseille. Leeds might have been saved by the restart but it might also be a sign that Bielsa is finally learning how to manage a full season in modern football.
But yeah, agreed with everyone here, it's a gift to see a Bielsa team this season, we should enjoy it while it lasts.
EFL play 46 games a season. EPL 38 games.