Leeds United vs. Manchester United

Drifter

American
Owen to start.What ever we send out will be enough for this mob.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
I genuinely have no idea who will play in this game. The likes of Fabio, Carrick, Fletcher, Park, Berbatov, Valencia, Owen and Macheda all need games. Will Fergie go with that lot or give an opportunity to the likes of Pogba and Morrison?

Kelvin

Provisional squad: Lindegaard, Amos, Fabio, Jones, Evans, Giggs, Park, Carrick, Fletcher, Valencia, Owen, Berbatov, Macheda, Diouf, Pogba, W Keane, James, Brown, M.Keane, Thorpe, Fryers.

ricky-romeo

Provisional squad: Lindegaard, Amos, Fabio, Jones, Evans, Giggs, Park, Carrick, Fletcher, Valencia, Owen, Berbatov, Macheda, Diouf, Pogba, W Keane, James, Brown, M.Keane, Thorpe, Fryers.
no rio then... and no gibson...that's quite a surprise.

---------------------lindegaard--------------------

jones----------carrick------------evans-------fabio

valencia-----pogba--------------giggs---------park

--------------owen-------------berbatov-------------

mustaine

no rio then... and no gibson...that's quite a surprise.

---------------------lindegaard--------------------

jones----------carrick------------evans-------fabio

valencia-----pogba--------------giggs---------macheda

--------------owen-------------berbatov-------------
Gibson is injured.

Park will surely start.

mustaine

injury is a smokescreen, this guy has got no future with us.
We all know that he has no long-term future for the club but the injury came at the worst possible time, five days before the end of the transfer window. I really feel sorry for him, he's a United lad and gets so much stick. Not that I want him to stay but people should show him a bit more respect. It really isn't his fault that Fergie has used him in the past, he plays when he's told to and does his best for what that's worth.

Havak

Pokemon master
I'm pretty sure Valencia will start at Right Back, that's probably why he came on in favour of Fábio after Smalling's injury against Chelsea, to get a run out there for Tuesday. No Evra is a little surprising due to the lack of defenders, but I think most people would sooner see him rested as he generally plays the most games for us every season (or thereabouts).

However, there is also the option of Fletcher at Right Back so Valencia can play on the wing if we go 442 (Park on the other side, two from Carrick/Fletcher/Giggs in the middle). In games like this, Sir Alex often packs of the midfield and goes with a front three. But if he does this against Leeds, it probably has to mean that one of Berbatov or Owen won't start (Macheda / Diouf would be the ones to play the wider positions). I can still see something similar to the line-up I already posted:

Lindegaard
Valencia Jones Evans Fábio
Fletcher Carrick
Park Berbatov Giggs
Owen​

What also wouldn't surprise me, is that due to the offensive nature of the full-backs, we play a diamond formation in the middle. Carrick sitting, Fletcher and Giggs in the middle and Park further forward behind the two strikers.

Owen would probably be subbed for Diouf or Macheda and we'd take off a midfielder for Pogba, going to more of a 433 formation like this:

Lindegaard
Valencia Jones Evans Fábio
Fletcher
Pogba Giggs
Diouf Berbatov Park​

But we could still keep our 442 formation if it was working well enough. Then maybe Macheda would get on too, or one of the other younger lads.

MUFCgal

Going by this squad then, and what SAF has said:

-------------------Lindegaard------------------
Valencia-------Jones-------Evans--------Fabio
Fletcher-------Carrick------Pogba---------Park
--------------Berbatov-----Owen-------------

Minkaro

Who's likely to be marking Pogba? Just so I can get the obituaries ready.

Lindegaard
Valencia Jones Evans Fabio
Park Pogba Fletcher Giggs
Diouf Macheda​

Man-United

Don't think Jones should start in this one, but then again...What choice do we have? Can't play too many reserve team players in this one either and injuries to our defenders means that we will probably see Valencia in defence, and Jones/Evans starting.

Crustanoid

If Jones / Smalling / Evans do play we can look at it as further experience.

Crustanoid

I'm concerned about Macheda in particular and also Owen and Diouf not getting enough game time. This match is one of the only chances they will get in terms of game time and, particularly in the case of the younger strikers, their development must be affected.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
We all know that he has no long-term future for the club but the injury came at the worst possible time, five days before the end of the transfer window. I really feel sorry for him, he's a United lad and gets so much stick. Not that I want him to stay but people should show him a bit more respect. It really isn't his fault that Fergie has used him in the past, he plays when he's told to and does his best for what that's worth.
I feel for him too but then again he's making a ton more then me so maybe we should step back and think about how bad Gibson has it

/Interesting quotes from Sir Alex about Pogba (manutd website). I wonder if he was close to being on the bench then and who's place would he have taken

Adzzz

Astrophysical Genius - Hard for Grinner
Staff
I'd be happy getting through this with no injuries, to be honest. Rivalry aside, we have bigger concerns.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
I'd be happy getting through this with no injuries, to be honest. Rivalry aside, we have bigger concerns.
Sadly I agree. Really wish we didn't have to play Jones and Evans given our defensive injury issues. But the likes of Tom Thorpe and Reece Brown aren't ready to play in this game you feel.