Television Legends of Tomorrow

Mark_GrumpyLion

There has been some buzz going on lately about the new Arrow/Flash spinoff, with it being rumoured to be some sort of tiny Justice League of sorts. The title and cast have been confirmed now!

While we’ve known for awhile who was going to be in it — Brandon Routh as the Atom, Wentworth Miller as Captain Cold, Dominic Purcell as Heat Wave, Victor Garber as Dr. Martin Stein, Caity Lotz as SOMEBODY OR OTHER, and recent additions of Arthur Darvill as Rip Hunter, Franz Drameh as Jay Jackson, and Ciara Renée as Hawkgirl — we haven’t known anything more than that, really. Good cast, sure, but what’s the show?

We now have an answer. In The CW’s pilot order group of three (which also included Crazy Ex Girlfriend and Cordon) was listed DC’s Legends of Tomorrow, hinting at the time-travel aspect of at least one of the characters, that being Rip Hunter. And on top of that, we also have a brief synopsis!

When heroes alone are not enough… the world needs legends. Having seen the future, one he will desperately try to prevent from happening, time-traveling rogue Rip Hunter is tasked with assembling a disparate group of both heroes and villains to confront an unstoppable threat – one in which not only is the planet at stake, but all of time itself. Can this ragtag team defeat an immortal threat unlike anything they have ever known?

Full article: http://nerdist.com/the-dc-arrowflash-spinoff-now-has-a-title-legends-of-tomorrow/
Thoughts? I'm delighted Caity is back in whatever role it will be and I quite like Arthur Darvill, so I'm excited to see this materialise. The Captain Cold/Heatwave brothers have been very good in the Flash, so that's another major plus.

Sylar

Sara was great so happy with that. Looking forward to this, as long as its entertaining. Wonder what tone it will be, flash is light fun, arrow is darker, this somewhere in the middle?

I do like the cast and characters though.

Ekeke

Caity Lotz is useless and unless shes a clone of her Black Canary, it wont make any sense whatsoever

Everything else seems cool. Just hoping she doesnt ruin another show

Mark_GrumpyLion

Sara was great so happy with that. Looking forward to this, as long as its entertaining. Wonder what tone it will be, flash is light fun, arrow is darker, this somewhere in the middle?

I do like the cast and characters though.
It might be this, but the setup suggests something quite massive & dark. I would like to see some crossovers with the other shows if possible though.

okLaptop1

Supports
Minnesota Vikings
I wasn't a fan of Sarah, so I'm not really that stoked to see her or her actor back. And why only half of Firestorm? I doubt Amell is overly busy with other acting gigs right.

Mark_GrumpyLion

First official promo pic released. Sarah is rumoured to play White Canary, whatever that may mean. Also curious to see how Arrow's finale will affect ATOM. Set to start this winter anyways, so that's gonna take some time.

Welsh Wonder

A dribbling mess on the sauce

First official promo pic released. Sarah is rumoured to play White Canary, whatever that may mean. Also curious to see how Arrow's finale will affect ATOM. Set to start this winter anyways, so that's gonna take some time.
Watch it be something stupid like Ray leaving because he can't be around Felicity frothing all over Oliver all the fecking time

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
I'm excited for it. Sarah was the worst actor of the lot (worse the Laurel!) but I'm happy she is in it.

Captain Cold and General Hot (or whatever their names are) were done terribly after the first episode, but hopefully they will improve.

The biggest problem for me is that the CGI on the ATOM is terrible. Really really bad. Especially when everyone has Iron Man in their minds, it really is quite terrible. Superman 2 terrible.

Oh, and they seem to have lost half of Firestorm

Last edited:

rcoobc

If that it an excited oh my god I share your sentiment. Tiny Ray!
I was incredibly sceptical that this would work. Now I think they've done it again. That trailer at least is far better than the Flash trailers, from what I remember...

reelworld

Excited about this. One thing that I hope they get it right is how Sara came back from the dead and that doesn't involve putting poor Captain Lance into another heartbreak again. Her death was basically the thing that drive the whole plot in Arrow season 3, I hope they handle the resurrection well.

Sylar

Trailer looks awesome. With Sara, looks like she uses the pit. Wonder how she got to the pit. Were team Arrow wondering where her body went? rofl if Lance sees her alive again and goes insane.

Anyway, looking forward to it :D

crimsonife

After seeing yesterday's Supergirl one this blew me away. Really hyped for this, especially Hawkgirl and Vandal Savage. I wonder how they're going to crossover Sara into Arrow. She's 'died' twice already.

Mark_GrumpyLion

After seeing yesterday's Supergirl one this blew me away. Really hyped for this, especially Hawkgirl and Vandal Savage. I wonder how they're going to crossover Sara into Arrow. She's 'died' twice already.
This starts in the winter so there is some time to set it all up with the first half of both Flash and Arrow. With Merlyn now in control of the league he might be the one to do so in an effort to get Nyssa off his back? The trailer suggests that she's dumped into the lazarus pit.

rcoobc

This starts in the winter so there is some time to set it all up with the first half of both Flash and Arrow. With Merlyn now in control of the league he might be the one to do so in an effort to get Nyssa off his back? The trailer suggests that she's dumped into the lazarus pit.
Spoilers! That hadn't happened in the uk yet!!(unless I am an episode behind)

I mean, I know you put it in a spoiler tag, but you didn't say why?!?!

Big-Red

Not actually very big
Staff
Supports
this year is my year on SM

Tbf robo, I wouldn't be reading anything in here if I wasn't up to date on all shows, and the Caf works off of the American schedule.

rcoobc

Tbf robo, I wouldn't be reading anything in here if I wasn't up to date on all shows, and the Caf works off of the American schedule.
Yeah, I mean I tend to stay out of the threads to Game of Thrones, Arrow, Flash, etc, for that reason.

But its a bit different when it's something like this in my opinion. I think people watching it legally should be allowed to come in here.

Mostly though, it's Sky's fault for not keeping up to date.

Mark_GrumpyLion

Yeah, I'm from the Netherlands but I "acquire" every new episode the moment they air in the USA, just kinda assumed that everybody who was checking out this thread, especially the spoilers was up to speed. Sorry mate.

Sylar

Im from UK and do the same :lol: Need to be uptodate before coming into these threads especially when linked.

I like how the trailer made mention of there only be half of Firestorm. Hope they expand and say where the other half is. I do wonder how they will explain captain cold teaming with Flash given what happened at the end of Flashs last episode (unless its the whole cold saying, "you owe me one", lol)

Mark_GrumpyLion

Im from UK and do the same :lol: Need to be uptodate before coming into these threads especially when linked.

I like how the trailer made mention of there only be half of Firestorm. Hope they expand and say where the other half is. I do wonder how they will explain captain cold teaming with Flash given what happened at the end of Flashs last episode (unless its the whole cold saying, "you owe me one", lol)
I like the fact that cold points out he's not exactly a hero. The Rogues and cold are occasional heroes when the bigger picture requires it, and I would love to see him shift into that grey area where he is a criminal with some characteristics that keep him on the fence. Such as the "We don't kill the Flash" rule he has.

Sylar

I like the fact that cold points out he's not exactly a hero. The Rogues and cold are occasional heroes when the bigger picture requires it, and I would love to see him shift into that grey area where he is a criminal with some characteristics that keep him on the fence. Such as the "We don't kill the Flash" rule he has.
Yeah, true anti-heroes with a dark side when needed. Or... Legends :D

At 2:09 in the trailer, when Rip Hunter is talking about the Time Masters (bit Doctor Who, innit?). Is that Wells in the chair, or am I imagining things? @Kostur @Sylar?
I thought it was Wells too. Im pretty sure it was but didnt mention it as it just felt... natural to see him there. lol

Mark_GrumpyLion

Yeah, true anti-heroes with a dark side when needed. Or... Legends :D
I see what you did there.

I thought it was Wells too. Im pretty sure it was but didnt mention it as it just felt... natural to see him there. lol
Yeah, it certainly makes sense, but it would suggest that Wells is not pure evil in a stretch of the definition.

Kostur

海尔的老板
At 2:09 in the trailer, when Rip Hunter is talking about the Time Masters (bit Doctor Who, innit?). Is that Wells in the chair, or am I imagining things? @Kostur @Sylar?
Good spot, although why would he be in a wheelchair when it's all known who he already is and so on? It would be cool though as I think he was one of the best characters on Flash.