Legia Warsaw Ultras - absolute nutters!

Ban

Is the hooliganism still a problem in Poland. And how come everybody hates Legia? :)

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Personally I don't see a problem with either banner as a fan and I barely find the Nazi one to political at all. What's political about it?

They're obviously going to be fined for the 2nd one but it's worth it.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
And supporting (rightly) the gay rights has something to do with football? You can support anti racism but not anti fascism?
Well yes the anti-discrimination programmes are totally related to football - even just last week there was an issue at the Leicester vs Brighton match of homophobic chanting and there are many stories of racist abuse towards players and even fans around the world.

led_scholes

Well yes the anti-discrimination programmes are totally related to football - even just last week there was an issue at the Leicester vs Brighton match of homophobic chanting and there are many stories of racist abuse towards players and even fans around the world.
Fascism is the continuity of racism, and exists too in football and in the society. Fortunately or unfortunately, football is a big part of our society and we cannot treat it as it is in a bubble. As long as we close our eyes to the past, it will still haunt us. And I am not saying that we should have banners in the stadia every day for these topics but there are specific dates and UEFA should learn to respect them. Remembering those who gave their lifes againts an invader no matter what the circumstances must never be a reason to be fined.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
That's a shame, trying to burn down a stadium is insane, how it could only lead to a few arrests is ridiculous. But as you, thankfully things are much better today. Also massive :lol: at that bolded part. Just curious, who do you support? I used to visit my grandparents in Lapy (right near Bialystok) nearly every summer since I was about 3 years old. I'm so happy that Jagiellonia Bialystok is doing so well in the league now :D I guess I consider them my "local" club.
It is insane and ironically it's not even end of the story because when they escaped the police prevention from what's left of the stadium, they headed straight for city centre to demolish public properties. This could be the script for The Walking Dead episode.

My local club was Hutnik Warsaw, once a feeder club for Legia but can't say i love them like United or even Ajax. Jagiellonia are built steadily and since 2010 they aim higher, that triumph in Polish Cup gave them boost plus K. Grosicki helped them a lot and it was quite good episode for his career too.

Is the hooliganism still a problem in Poland. And how come everybody hates Legia? :)
In comparison to the 90's ? It's an oasis of peace now. Legia are ambitious, got relatively generous owner and sponsors but historically club like Górnik Zabrze is a slightly bigger legend, though sometimes a bit underappreciated. People simply hate Warsaw's club arrogance and some beefs from the past are remembered.

Travelled few times with Legia's supporters. They were no fun in the past, now I can see families attending without fear of being disposed of internal organs.

Vashu

Predicted Sanchez's signing announcement
Personally I don't see a problem with either banner as a fan and I barely find the Nazi one to political at all. What's political about it?

They're obviously going to be fined for the 2nd one but it's worth it.
The context is the key to interpretation here. It fits in the rife propaganda, which is anti-European as well as anti-German that is orchestrated by the ruling party and the associated entities. Like I've already mentioned in this thread the topic of war reparations came up few weeks before the anniversary and this display did slot in all of it perfectly.

And supporting (rightly) the gay rights has something to do with football? You can support anti racism but not anti fascism?
Fascism is the continuity of racism, and exists too in football and in the society. Fortunately or unfortunately, football is a big part of our society and we cannot treat it as it is in a bubble. As long as we close our eyes to the past, it will still haunt us. And I am not saying that we should have banners in the stadia every day for these topics but there are specific dates and UEFA should learn to respect them. Remembering those who gave their lifes againts an invader no matter what the circumstances must never be a reason to be fined.
I'm afraid the organizers and other hardcore Legia fans might feel offended by your words. It's a group that's nationalistic to the bone and within which the neo-fascist ideas are widespread (it's way below even half of the support, but they're the most vocal part). That's another reason why I wouldn't call this display anti-fascist, but simply anti-German. The irony though is monumental.

Last edited:

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Well personally I prefer that football does stay in a bubble - if you start allowing this kind of thing then there will be no end.

And anyway, it is a bit of a stretch to make this out as some kind of anti-fascist demo - in fact I think Im right in saying that Legia had a bit of a problem with rightwing nutters within their fanbase (I dont know if this is still a problem, perhaps our Polish members can confirm as Im no expert), which is especially bizarre given Poland's history but then these types are never the cleverest of chaps.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
ah well there you go, confirmed by @Vashu !

What Im really interested to know is how much the club knows about these banners and flares etc beforehand - you would think it would be pretty difficult for fans to do something like that without club support, or is it a case that the fans have so much power than they just leave them to it like happens at some clubs in Italy for example

At Old Trafford you cant get away with anything - even small flags and such things have been banned, atlhough this has been relaxed more recently

Panixs

Supports
Fulham
Is any one else picturing some health and safety officer in a dingy office at the club crying into his hands when he reads the request from the fans to cover half the stand in fabric and then set off a shit ton of flares :)

RedDevils23

It is insane and ironically it's not even end of the story because when they escaped the police prevention from what's left of the stadium, they headed straight for city centre to demolish public properties. This could be the script for The Walking Dead episode.

My local club was Hutnik Warsaw, once a feeder club for Legia but can't say i love them like United or even Ajax. Jagiellonia are built steadily and since 2010 they aim higher, that triumph in Polish Cup gave them boost plus K. Grosicki helped them a lot and it was quite good episode for his career too.
That's insane...some people shouldn't be allowed to be football fans. There's no room for that kind of hate in the game.

It's funny you mention Kamil Grosicki, every time I watch him play for the national team he is immense. Pacey as hell and works hard on the wing. My stepdad calls him "dziki grosicki" :lol:

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
That's insane...some people shouldn't be allowed to be football fans. There's no room for that kind of hate in the game.

It's funny you mention Kamil Grosicki, every time I watch him play for the national team he is immense. Pacey as hell and works hard on the wing. My stepdad calls him "dziki grosicki" :lol:
It's not even hate, it's more like a parody of holy war between 'my club is better, therefore you die' and 'I'm bored, let the whole city burn' street idealogy. These are not even basement patriots, they just smear their deformed faces with real war hero service and trying pose as a Bravehearted Pollacks who will die for their country... bull feckin shit, go back to drinking your budget beer, mental peasant. They can't even speak Polish properly and most of their history education ends at yesterday's hangover.

Thankfully most of these 'Ultras' got hit by a truck full of cancer and other alcoholic diseases, then finally normal people started appear with intention to just watch some football.

Heh, kooks like Grosicki getting new nickname, every year. Bit bummer he fell off a Premier League with Hull, he was immense vs Liverpool in that 2:0 win. He's one of main reasons why Poland are upping their game.

RedDevils23

It's not even hate, it's more like a parody of holy war between 'my club is better, therefore you die' and 'I'm bored, let the whole city burn' street idealogy. These are not even basement patriots, they just smear their deformed faces with real war hero service and trying pose as a Bravehearted Pollacks who will die for their country... bull feckin shit, go back to drinking your budget beer, mental peasant. They can't even speak Polish properly and most of their history education ends at yesterday's hangover.

Thankfully most of these 'Ultras' got hit by a truck full of cancer and other alcoholic diseases, then finally normal people started appear with intention to just watch some football.

Heh, kooks like Grosicki getting new nickname, every year. Bit bummer he fell off a Premier League with Hull, he was immense vs Liverpool in that 2:0 win. He's one of main reasons why Poland are upping their game.

It's good to see the "white trash" going away and being replaced by some proper, sensible, and safe football fans!

I love Grosicki! He truly is immense every time I watch him play for the national team. Obviously Lewandowski is the star of the team, but Grosicki is always such a danger man out there on the wing. Kuba is still class, I don't care what anyone says. I also love Krychowiak, he's one of the only players in our team that has a good passing range and composure on the ball. It's a shame he's having a tough time at PSG.

It's good to see another "golden generation" emerging since our last one in the 70s~ with Boniek, Lato, etc. And we still have young lads like Kapustka, Linetty, and Zielinski that are only going to get better!

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
It's good to see the "white trash" going away and being replaced by some proper, sensible, and safe football fans!

I love Grosicki! He truly is immense every time I watch him play for the national team. Obviously Lewandowski is the star of the team, but Grosicki is always such a danger man out there on the wing. Kuba is still class, I don't care what anyone says. I also love Krychowiak, he's one of the only players in our team that has a good passing range and composure on the ball. It's a shame he's having a tough time at PSG.

It's good to see another "golden generation" emerging since our last one in the 70s~ with Boniek, Lato, etc. And we still have young lads like Kapustka, Linetty, and Zielinski that are only going to get better!
Linetty and Zieliński yeah but come on, Kapustka is utter garbage.

RedDevils23

Linetty and Zieliński yeah but come on, Kapustka is utter garbage.
Too early to tell, the lad is only 20 years old, come on now. Calling him "utter garbage" at such a young age is a bit harsh, no?