Leicester City 19/20

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
Seems clear they were over performing. It's worrying for them that when Vardy isn't playing well (or not at all) then they struggle massively.
The bigger miss is NDidi, even when he was scoring Vardy wasn’t overly involved in our play, NDidi it the key to our midfield working

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
I'm gutted for them really, they deserved it.
In assuming you're joking. They had such a head start and then bottled it like Evian when it mattered. Forget today's game, the Bournemouth and Spurs capitulation done them.

With that said, it's unfortunate that by the end, half their team was missing.

always_hoping

finishing 5th is still pretty good for Leicester when you consider before the season started few would predict a top 5 finish and to finish ahead of Spurs,Arsenal.

Dansk

In assuming you're joking. They had such a head start and then bottled it like Evian when it mattered. Forget today's game, the Bournemouth and Spurs capitulation done them.

With that said, it's unfortunate that by the end, half their team was missing.
It's not so different from us, just a matter of timing. Our first half of the season was garbage, theirs was great. Our last run was great (sort of; we did nearly stumble) while theirs was garbage. It's probably fairly incidental when it happens, if we're being honest, and one would have to acknowledge that the unusual circumstances of the Covid break probably had a hand in it. Maybe LCFC didn't have the sheer foundation as a club to get back from such a sudden and unexpected pause to the season with their form intact because they're not a club that has had decades of uninterrupted success upon which to build infrastructure. When you get right down to it, I don't think there's something inherently greater in being rubbish for months on end only to turn it around at the last stretch than there is in having a great season only to falter in the end. I would wager that if the Covid break hadn't happened, they'd have finished in the top 4 and we wouldn't.

SAFMUTD

finishing 5th is still pretty good for Leicester when you consider before the season started few would predict a top 5 finish and to finish ahead of Spurs,Arsenal.
Its the best theyve been since they won thr title. Great result but having a 14 point lead and blowing it up must hurt.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
When you get right down to it, I don't think there's something inherently greater in being rubbish for months on end only to turn it around at the last stretch than there is in having a great season only to falter in the end.
I agree. However, if you are less rubbish in your bad period than the other team were rubbish in their bad period, you'll end up above them come the end of the season, which is what happened. If the season went on for longer United would have been in better shape too. It's not necessarily something to discuss further, imo.

Revan

Assumptionman
Absolutely terrible though they had many injuries, and the form they showed on the early part of the season was not maintainable for them. They are probably the seventh/eighth-best team in the league so finishing fifth is decent.

Suedesi

With half their starting 11 missing through injury/suspension it's clear they couldn't last the pace. Still they massively overachieved this season, but that will get buried in the Roger bottled memes and whatnot.

Decent club, play attractive football - good luck to 'em in Europa.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
With half their starting 11 missing through injury/suspension it's clear they couldn't last the pace. Still they massively overachieved this season, but that will get buried in the Roger bottled memes and whatnot.

Decent club, play attractive football - good luck to 'em in Europa.
Absolutely agree with overachieved.

To be fair though their poor form already started before they lost their players. Beside, United also suffered from injury especially Pogba in first half of the season, end of the day that's where they belong, and that's where United & Chelsea belong as well. Not being disrespectful but I don't think they have good enough players to be in CL spot, they have done well and Europa League is still a very good achievement.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
It's not so different from us, just a matter of timing. Our first half of the season was garbage, theirs was great. Our last run was great (sort of; we did nearly stumble) while theirs was garbage. It's probably fairly incidental when it happens, if we're being honest, and one would have to acknowledge that the unusual circumstances of the Covid break probably had a hand in it. Maybe LCFC didn't have the sheer foundation as a club to get back from such a sudden and unexpected pause to the season with their form intact because they're not a club that has had decades of uninterrupted success upon which to build infrastructure. When you get right down to it, I don't think there's something inherently greater in being rubbish for months on end only to turn it around at the last stretch than there is in having a great season only to falter in the end. I would wager that if the Covid break hadn't happened, they'd have finished in the top 4 and we wouldn't.
I definitely agree that without Covid, they would be top 4 and not us.

Smithy89

Classic Brendan bottling it anytime he gets close to relative success in a proper league.