Leicester City 19/20

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
City are still the best footballing side in England, for me, but watching Leicester is more fun than watching any other side in the division.

Absolutely brilliant and no bum-rush, pinball-esque tactics anywhere to be seen. Fantastic side.

Ekeke

Leicester will do well this summer just to hold onto the players they have. Spend the transfer budget on new contracts instead. Cuz I could see 4 or 5 of their players attracting european giants

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
Leicester will do well this summer just to hold onto the players they have. Spend the transfer budget on new contracts instead. Cuz I could see 4 or 5 of their players attracting european giants
we have never lost more than 1 player in any summer since these owners have been here and you lot learned first hand how hard we are to do business with and that was without the CL money

Ekeke

we have never lost more than 1 player in any summer since these owners have been here and you lot learned first hand how hard we are to do business with and that was without the CL money
I'm not talking about us though. I'm talking about Madrid, PSG, Juventus etc on top of City and Liverpool

Clubs that are more likely to turn a players head at this point in time than we are. But if you reward the players with nice contracts it can help alleviate it. I can still see a couple making big moves

GenZRed

Imagine if Liverpool have another breakdown and Leicester end up winning the Premiership again. I would actually like to see that, especially since I am a fan of Brendan Rodgers.

adman

Rodgers winning premier league over Liverpool will be sweet.:drool:

Dick Dastardly

Supports
Wrexham
I think keeping their players in Jan may also be a problem. They have some top quality there.

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
Rodgers winning premier league over Liverpool will be sweet.:drool:
Don't usually watch other teams apart from United, but I hope the Leicester v Liverpool match is on TV, would love to see City turn them over.

Ekeke

I think keeping their players in Jan may also be a problem. They have some top quality there.
I think they'll be able to convince the owners that even at huge prices, its not worth selling their best players now when they are still in the title picture. They obviously need their best players. In the summer they'll have time to find replacements if big money is on offer

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
we've never lost a player in January
Don't usually watch other teams apart from United, but I hope the Leicester v Liverpool match is on TV, would love to see City turn them over.
all the boxing Day games are on Amazon Prime, our game with Liverpool is an 8pm kick off
I think they'll be able to convince the owners that even at huge prices, its not worth selling their best players now when they are still in the title picture. They obviously need their best players. In the summer they'll have time to find replacements if big money is on offer
and United fans on this forum wonder why Leicester fans kept repeating the same posts in the Maguire transfer thread...

Ekeke

we've never lost a player in January

all the boxing Day games are on Amazon Prime, our game with Liverpool is an 8pm kick off

and United fans on this forum wonder why Leicester fans kept repeating the same posts in the Maguire transfer thread...
Can you read? I'm not talking about United. I'm talking about the top clubs competing for the champions league and offering perhaps once in a lifetime offers to Madrid etc.

If you think you can stop players moving there without giving them a big contract, you have no clue.

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
Can you read? I'm not talking about United. I'm talking about the top clubs competing for the champions league and offering perhaps once in a lifetime offers to Madrid etc.

If you think you can stop players moving there without giving them a big contract, you have no clue.
you obviously can't as I have never mentioned comments however you and other posters keep talking about the team being cherry picked like its already happened it won't happen doesn't matter who the buying club is they still have to do business with us and we won't change what we do

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
No chance of losing anyone in January.

Wouldn't even worry so much about the players, they sold Maguire for 80 million, bought Soyuncu and went ahead like nothing happened. Their recruitment has been brilliant. Tielemans just signed and I doubt anyone will offer huge sums for him, so Maddison is the only one I see being heavily targeted. Arsenal, United most likely, but can't see other top clubs around the Europe going in as the price will be around 100 million (his contract is until 2023). I mean, if Maguire went for 80, Maddison price will be even crazier. And for that price, they can certainly find replacement.
Pereira have contract until 2023, Ndidi until 2024, so pretty much same story. If you want them, you will have to massively overpay.

Their biggest challenge will be keeping, even replacing Rodgers as he won't be there for long. If I were them, I would look more in that direction.

Last edited:

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
City are still the best footballing side in England, for me, but watching Leicester is more fun than watching any other side in the division.

Absolutely brilliant and no bum-rush, pinball-esque tactics anywhere to be seen. Fantastic side.
So they should be top and ahead of us and our ‘bum rush, pinball’ football?

I think we’re a better side than they are, as shown during our performance against them at Anfield. They’re 3rd strongest behind City and us currently.

Rodgers has done extremely well with what he’s got but I still see some weakness in the big games.Their game with City will be interesting.

Bum rush football...what a load of nonsense.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"

Wouldn't even worry so much about the players, they sold Maguire for 80 million, bought Soyunco and went ahead like nothing happened. Their recruitment has been brilliant. Tielemens just signed and I doubt anyone will offer huge sums for him, so Maddison is the only one I see being heavily targeted. Arsenal, United most likely, but can't see other top clubs around the Europe going in as the price will be around 100 million (his contract is until 2023). I mean, if Maguire went for 80, Maddison price will be even crazier. And for that price, they can certainly find replacement.
Periera have contract until 2023, Ndidi until 2024, so pretty much same story. If you want them, you will have to massively overpay.

Their biggest challenge will be keeping, even replacing Rodgers as he won't be there for long. If I were them, I would look more in that direction.
He was already there last year, surprised me too.

But yeah, very well run club. Unbelievable lack of injuries too.

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City

he was due to good pre planning, the injuries isn't a fluke we have a world class sports science department, our Physio is regularly asked to give lectures at sports medicine events because of it

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
Yeah, loads of quality in that side. Chillwell, Tielemans, Maddison, Albrighton, Ihenachano, Perez, Mendy, Ndidi

Leichesters scouting network has unearthed quite a few gems the last few years

Ekeke

you obviously can't as I have never mentioned comments however you and other posters keep talking about the team being cherry picked like its already happened it won't happen doesn't matter who the buying club is they still have to do business with us and we won't change what we do
Yep clueless. We couldnt keep Ronaldo, you arent going to keep Ndidi if Madrid wanted him etc

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks

Oh yea, forget that.

As for the second part, very little injuries if at all, no European football, a bit of a mess in usual top clubs around them and all that certainly played a big part in this season too. Will be interesting how will they cope next season as it will be CL football along with EPL by the look of things.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
And then what happened...?
I wonder how he’ll get on in Europe. He had a relatively poor record for us in two seasons of European football. Leicester do have some experience to draw upon though.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
To me Chilwell is one of best FBs in the league and could play for many of the elite teams in europe. Can't understand why he's not a regular starter for England, he is miles better than Rose imo. Ricardo obviously very good on other side aswell.

Ndidi been a good midfielder and it's just a very balanced and techinical midfield with Tielemans and Maddison ahead.

Leicester at times last season played well in games but couldn't get that finishing touch. I'm sure everyone on here remembers when Leicester played Man. United at home last season. Rashford scored after five minutes and this was when you were winning every week under OGS. After that Leicester massively dominated but simply couldn't create much once they got in the box. You could see in that game they had no issue transitioning play from midfield up to edge of the box and get the FBs forward.

Ultimately despite being a decent manager Claude Puel was just the wrong fit for the squad. Brendan Rodgers is a superb fit and it's showing every week.

momo83

Massive Snowflake

Wouldn't even worry so much about the players, they sold Maguire for 80 million, bought Soyunco and went ahead like nothing happened. Their recruitment has been brilliant. Tielemens just signed and I doubt anyone will offer huge sums for him, so Maddison is the only one I see being heavily targeted. Arsenal, United most likely, but can't see other top clubs around the Europe going in as the price will be around 100 million (his contract is until 2023). I mean, if Maguire went for 80, Maddison price will be even crazier. And for that price, they can certainly find replacement.
Periera have contract until 2023, Ndidi until 2024, so pretty much same story. If you want them, you will have to massively overpay.

He was a squad player that made only 6 appearances for Leicester last year.

momo83

Massive Snowflake
Bleh

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
To me Chilwell is one of best FBs in the league and could play for many of the elite teams in europe. Can't understand why he's not a regular starter for England, he is miles better than Rose imo. Ricardo obviously very good on other side aswell.

Ndidi been a good midfielder and it's just a very balanced and techinical midfield with Tielemans and Maddison ahead.

Leicester at times last season played well in games but couldn't get that finishing touch. I'm sure everyone on here remembers when Leicester played Man. United at home last season. Rashford scored after five minutes and this was when you were winning every week under OGS. After that Leicester massively dominated but simply couldn't create much once they got in the box. You could see in that game they had no issue transitioning play from midfield up to edge of the box and get the FBs forward.

Ultimately despite being a decent manager Claude Puel was just the wrong fit for the squad. Brendan Rodgers is a superb fit and it's showing every week.
Puel laid the foundations and did the unpopular dirty work that Rodgers is benefiting from now

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Yep clueless. We couldnt keep Ronaldo, you arent going to keep Ndidi if Madrid wanted him etc
If they sold Ndidi they have Hamza Choudhury and Mendy as back up. Not saying either are same level but you'd still have Tielemans and Maddison ahead so stronger CM than most.

Leicester's main error was 2016. They tried to go for experienced players like Islam Slimani (think he's actually still a Leicester player but keeps on getting loaned out) Adrien Silva who was too slow for the league and that Nigerian striker who flattered to decieve.

Gone back to the under 25 model since and they're one of the best clubs around and signing and selling players. Compared their strategy to Everton and huge difference, they'd never contemplate signing a Theo Walcott or Fabian Delph for example.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Puel laid the foundations and did the unpopular dirty work that Rodgers is benefiting from now
Yes he did but the crowd and Vardy still disliked him hugely. :lol: If the owner tragedy hadn't occurred I think he'd have been sacked sooner but then you might have gone for someone other than Rodgers.

Xmas period summed Leicester up under Puel. Beat Chelsea away, Man. City at home and Everton away. In all that you lost to Cardiff at home. Then lost at home to Southampton a few weeks later who only had 10 men so incredibly frustrating period.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Look a tasty outfit - well done.
Managed the sale of Maguire superbly as well.

Give us a tiny crumb to cling to that they could still compete with Liverpool, now City have melted.

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
Yes he did but the crowd and Vardy still disliked him hugely. :lol: If the owner tragedy hadn't occurred I think he'd have been sacked sooner but then you might have gone for someone other than Rodgers.

Xmas period summed Leicester up under Puel. Beat Chelsea away, Man. City at home and Everton away. In all that you lost to Cardiff at home. Then lost at home to Southampton a few weeks later who only had 10 men so incredibly frustrating period.
Rodgers was always the man they wanted to replace Puel, they just didn't want to do it in season.

Claude did an interview with James Sharpe in the Mail, who used to write for our local paper so knew the situation well, decent read, Puel admits his biggest problem was communication, he did good things here so i bare no ill will to him it just didn't work

Ekeke

If they sold Ndidi they have Hamza Choudhury and Mendy as back up. Not saying either are same level but you'd still have Tielemans and Maddison ahead so stronger CM than most.

Leicester's main error was 2016. They tried to go for experienced players like Islam Slimani (think he's actually still a Leicester player but keeps on getting loaned out) Adrien Silva who was too slow for the league and that Nigerian striker who flattered to decieve.

Gone back to the under 25 model since and they're one of the best clubs around and signing and selling players. Compared their strategy to Everton and huge difference, they'd never contemplate signing a Theo Walcott or Fabian Delph for example.
They'll have them if they pay them something like they'd get paid elsewhere. Else I'd expect 2 of their best players to go to better clubs than United

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
City v Leicester game is a tough one for Utd fans, a draw is a loss for both teams. So who do Utd fans root for? City as they are the only team to get near to 90+ points or Leicester who are currently closer to us? The loser of this game will effectively be ruled out of the race, right?

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
City v Leicester game is a tough one for Utd fans, a draw is a loss for both teams. So who do Utd fans root for? City as they are the only team to get near to 90+ points or Leicester who are currently closer to us? The loser of this game will effectively be ruled out of the race, right?
There is no title race anyway but I would prefer Leicester to win. We aren’t catching either anyway, and neither are catching Liverpool so I may as well root against City.

jymufc20

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Tough in what way ? Leicester are our only hope so we will obviously root for Leicester.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Isn't a tough one at all: Leicester easily. City have effectively been out of the title race for a while with the loss against Liverpool the final nail for them and the draw against Newcastle and the defeat to us adding to that. City aren't going to go on a 100% win record for the rest of the season, and Liverpool aren't going to drop 14 points plus one more point than however many City drop before the end of the season.

Doesn't matter anyway, as Liverpool have the league won this season.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Fair enough, sounds like all eggs in the Leicester basket. One thing Rodgers can do well is one game a week in a season. They have enough firepower to destroy City which is why I think Pep will go with his surprise bus parking tactic and hit on the break.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Are Leicester at home in that one?

Pep's lost two at Kingpower since he came to England. Can even remember the declining Ranieri side schooling them in 16/17 when they could hardly win a game, Pep wised up in England after that game.

Certainly Leicester will go into that one with little fear which is rare when you play Man. City home or away.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
This side is arguably better than the one that won the league and might end up with more points to confirm it.

Unfortunately, they’ll have to settle for second this time. There’s still some hope that the upcoming fixture congestion might sabotage Liverpool’s season but they keep overcoming every challenge that would normally be a problem for them.