Leicester City 19/20

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Thought it would be good to have a dedicated thread for them, massive amount of hyping them up on this forum at the moment with many suggesting they'll break into the Top 6 (at our expense obvs). I would guess this will be their XI (if we had any Leicester fans left I'm sure they could confirm)

--------------Schmeichel--------------
Pereira---Benkovic---Evans---Chilwell
----------------Ndidi----------------
-------Tielemans-----Maddison-------
Perez----------Vardy----------Barnes

So is the hype due to their midfield? Because that for me is their only standout area. How well do people actually think they'll do this season?

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
To me their full backs, Evans, the entire midfield and Vardy can walk into our team. Leicester and Everton are strong teams to challenge for top 6 this season, and as always consistency is the key to achieve that. Leicester's form since Rogers took over has been very good.

charlenefan

To me their full backs, Evans, the entire midfield and Vardy can walk into our team. Leicester and Everton are strong teams to challenge for top 6 this season, and as always consistency is the key to achieve that. Leicester's form since Rogers took over has been very good.
Who would you swap out for Vardy? Lacazette? Aubameyang? I'd prefer either of them to Vardy personally

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
Who would you swap out for Vardy? Lacazette? Aubameyang? I'd prefer either of them to Vardy personally
I am not saying Vardy is better than them, but Vardy is definitely a striker good enough for any top 6 team that plays counter attack.

red4ever 79

Thought it would be good to have a dedicated thread for them, massive amount of hyping them up on this forum at the moment with many suggesting they'll break into the Top 6 (at our expense obvs). I would guess this will be their XI (if we had any Leicester fans left I'm sure they could confirm)

So is the hype due to their midfield? Because that for me is their only standout area. How well do people actually think they'll do this season?
They have good strength in depth as well especially in the midfield area.
Demarai Gray , Hamza Choudhury, Mendy to come in.

At the back I think you have it nailed on but again they have experience waiting in the wings with Wes Morgan, Fuchs, Daniel Amartey whom i like.

I think up top is their weakest area Kelechi i dont really rate and Slimani is getting old. They rely heavily on Vardy which is not a bad thing as he will score a lot of goals.

charlenefan

I am not saying Vardy is better than them, but Vardy is definitely a striker good enough for any top 6 team that plays counter attack.
Oh I agree with that I thought you meant he'd walk into your starting XI

Freeney

Supports
Djibouti FC
There is more chance of me playing for Manchester United than Leicester finishing in the top 6 or higher than us.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Yeah, that's their strengths.

Really good and well balanced midfield, two fantastic fullbacks (I'd kill to have both at Spurs) and a dangerous striker in Vardy. The supporting cast in attack isn't great though, don't really rate Ayoze Perez particularly highly and was surprised at what they paid for him. Barnes/Gray are both quite exciting attacking players and dangerous on their day but they lack that real magic going forward, haven't replaced Mahrez yet imo.

Won't expect them to make any kind of sustained top six challenge till they do that.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
Yeah, that's their strengths.

Really good and well balanced midfield, two fantastic fullbacks (I'd kill to have both at Spurs) and a dangerous striker in Vardy. The supporting cast in attack isn't great though, don't really rate Ayoze Perez particularly highly and was surprised at what they paid for him. Barnes/Gray are both quite exciting attacking players and dangerous on their day but they lack that real magic going forward, haven't replaced Mahrez yet imo.

Won't expect them to make any kind of sustained top six challenge till they do that.
They have yet to replaced Mahrez and it is not an easy task. They are missing that moment of magic from Mahrez and his dribbling in tight area.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies

Their midfield and full backs are strong but the rest of their team is so-so. It has to be said though, it is a very good midfield. Vardy has proven to be a great player over the last few years, he is 32 now though so perhaps we'll see him starting to decline a little.

Losing Maguire is a big blow to them, though. He was very important for starting a lot of their attacks. Evans and Benkovic may still prove to be a reliable partnership. Their wingers are really uninspiring compared to their full backs. Schmeichel's a solid but unremarkable keeper.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Has Gray broke through yet?

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
They are not a top 6 side. I can guarantee that. All this hype about them potentially breaking into the top 6, it's not happening.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Surely Sonycu will start at CB now? They spend over 20m on him!

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Leicester signing Denis Praet from Sampdoria. Belgian CM.

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City

Soyuncu will start and given the preseason teams selected I'd suspect Albrighton will start the season on the left wing too
Has Gray broke through yet?
no, this is make or break for him, if he doesn't do it this season he'll be gone next summer
Surely Sonycu will start at CB now? They spend over 20m on him!
he will.

with Praet coming in we could even be going to a diamond formation with either Perez or Iheanacho or maybe even Slimani (someone buy him please) partnering Vardy

Kasper

Ricardo Evans Soyuncu Chilwell

NDidi

Tielemans Praet

Maddison

Perez Vardy​

SharpshooterTom

Early days, but they've operated as a decent business model following from their title win and have found stability avoiding going the same way as Blackburn.

saivet

Centre back is an issue for them now, but I think them and Wolves (possibly West Ham) will look to challenge the top 6.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Whose their Maguire replacement?
Soyncu (Turkish CB who was highly tated in Germany and they signed him for over 20m but he hardly played last season).

Wes Morgan (Yes he's still there....)

Benkovic (don't know much about him but he was on loan at Celtic last season so Rodgers will know if he's ready for prem or not).

One of those three options. Johnny Evans is obviously a stick on to start.

mad1max954

That midfield! Im not saying they will beat us, but they could well play us off the park.

Luke1995

Don't think they'll finish in the top 6 but they might get 7th and somehow get a place in Europa League like Wolves if things go their way.

DannyCAFC

Supports
Charlton Athletic

As mentioned, FB's too - Chilwell being England's first choice and Pereira had a great debut season. Vardy is still going and can score goals with the best of them.

But yeah, outside of that, I think Maguire will be a big loss and they will be weak at CB, whilst they don't appear to have much outwide as Demarai Gray hasn't developed like we once thought he might.

Despite their midfield, I'm not sure I'd put them above Everton or Wolves yet.

Tickle Lad

Supports
Leicester City
Tbf asides from goalkeeper (on last season's form), full backs, midfield, right-wing and striker I'd say you still have a better team than us.

charlenefan

Tbf asides from goalkeeper (on last season's form), full backs, midfield, right-wing and striker I'd say you still have a better team than us.
So you're giving us the CB's and the left wing? How kind :lol:

DatIrishFella

Band of Brothers, Thief
Was Leicesters defeat to Watford in the Championship playoff semi final the most crazy end to a game of all time?

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I think all of the teams vying for top 6 have glaring weaknesses. For us and Leicester it's at CB. With Wolves i'd maybe argue it will be squad depth, especially with EL this year. West Ham - it's West Ham.

RedDevilRoshi

I think not signing an experienced replacement for Maguire could be their major downfall. Someone like Lewis Dunk would have been a very good signing for them. Unless they have full confidence that either Soyuncu or Benkovic can step up.

Don’t know much about Soyuncu but watched Benkovic a couple of times last season playing for Celtic. Thought he was ok but hardly ever really stood out for me. I remember one game when he was playing against my local team Hibernian and our striker, Florian Kamberi, ripped him to shreds that day in a 2-0 win for us. Do I think he was better than the other two Celtic CB’s Ajer & Simunovic? Probably not.

Acole9

Outstanding
Seriously? I just don't see it, if he hadn't of played for United our fanbase wouldn't give him the time of day.

croadyman

I know Southampton were appalling defensively but Chilwell produced some quality delivery from the left.

Tickle Lad

Supports
Leicester City
The scary thing is our players are so young and improving so fast.

My one worry for the top 4 race is I think Tottenham are going to come back into it in a big way pretty soon, so it's about whether we've put enough distance to them (or Chelsea) by then.

Fussball13251

At Leicester or Everton or Wolves Rodgers will break into the top 6 easily. Although he's arrogant/smug and thinks he's the best manager to grace football, he's still better than Moyes, Puel, etc.

He would improve their on the ball attacking play and number of goals scored. What you will see is Leicester not too far behind Liverpool and City in terms of goals scored.

Leicester City vs Arsenal 3-0 Highlights & Goals Resumen y Goles 2019

He'll probably have the beating of Emery. They play again soon, Leicester at home I think, and Leicester will probably win again. 3:1 or something. You're confident because as I say he's better than Puel, etc.

Last edited: